CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Guys look at this insane spawn trap in swat. Makes me feel bad for the guy. The spawns are not good. But what would you expect from a gametype with instant respawns.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/ChrisDalf/video/12480753#

While I agree the spawns are bad, the same thing would happen in CE if it had SWAT and instant respawns. We should blame the dude sitting there watching his teammate get spawn trapped (YOU!).

The moral of the story is that SWAT is an awful mode and shouldn't be ranked.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I played a lot of that playlist solo and a good amount with ppl to get a 50. You shouldn't be forced to have a to4 to get the rank you want. You should be matching players with similar skill against similar party sizes......like H3 did, in 2007.

Wait does H5 not have party restrictions?
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

While I agree the spawns are bad, the same thing would happen in CE if it had SWAT and instant respawns. We should blame the dude sitting there watching his teammate get spawn trapped.

True-ish but Halo 5 spawns aren't teammate based are they? Besides, instant spawn belong in CoD, not Halo. 

I would love to see that how far that train could go. Until the game ends? 

Edit: People, we complain because we care. I didn't complain with Halo 4 because I knew it was beyond a lost cause. I've always been a Halo fan and I want to see it succeed. Halo 5, unlike Halo 4, has true potential. I would still be playing it if I could stand the aiming, the other issues I can deal with but I'd love to see them addressed. 

This game is 1000000000000000000000000000x more enjoyable when you're with a squad.

Pretty much every game is

• Upvote (+1) 2

I never wanted a game where the devs make it harder to aim, just wanted a game with less aim assist. Aim acceleration is just awful.

• Upvote (+1) 1

only complain i have about this game is there is no party restriction... im going in Solo about 90% of the time.. and i dont wanna be "forced" to play just FFA, that need fixing to.. go from 8 to 6 ppl and put Truth in there.. and im happy 

• Upvote (+1) 1

True-ish but Halo 5 spawns aren't teammate based are they? Besides, instant spawn belong in CoD, not Halo. 

I would love to see that how far that train could go. Until the game ends? 

I'm almost sure they're teammate-based. Would require further testing, but assuming the negative spawn influence isn't bad enough, you'll spawn right next to your teammate.

The weird part is how recent death(s) or an enemy looking at the spawn point doesn't seem to affect it. Unless an enemy is in the direct vicinity, the game has no problem spawning someone where an enemy is looking. It happens a LOT in FFA.

• Upvote (+1) 1

only complain i have about this game is there is no party restriction... im going in Solo about 90% of the time.. and i dont wanna be "forced" to play just FFA, that need fixing to.. go from 8 to 6 ppl and put Truth in there.. and im happy

Does arena not have them?

Why can't they just look to halo 1 for aiming ffs, aiming is easy but still takes a skill to get a 3 shot cos you have to be dead on! Halo 5 aiming is fucked and a struggle but the hit boxes are way too big.. All kinds of fucked up.

While I agree the spawns are bad, the same thing would happen in CE if it had SWAT and instant respawns. We should blame the dude sitting there watching his teammate get spawn trapped (YOU!).

basically

You can't be destroying the SWAT Kings experience :kappa: 

Also Orion seriously needs a new weapon layout or just removed completely, its basically the Lockout/Guardian of Halo 5.  

I've said it before and I just got to thinking about it again but I wish thrust and clamber were replaced with a simple wall dodge/jump. Would almost always just be used offensively and to do jumps not possible with simply crouch jumping. Could even use the same button as jump. Couldn't be used as a get out of jail free card. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do 343 employees have the '343 industries' emblem? Or is that an unlock-able?

Na I think it's just 343 that has it, which it should be tbh, that way you know who you're playing with/against.