CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Yea lame they did it like that, doesn't Major Nelson post a top 5 xbox live games or whatever? Guess we could get a guesstimate from that

He hasn't done that in years. Basically stopped around the time they would have been shitting on their own flagship game (H4). The xbox one dashboard shows most played games and top rated games though if you go to the store.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Twitch numbers are high for games for two different reasons. Because they are a PC game, or because they have popular streamers playing them. Halo is a console game and it has dogshit streaming personalities.

Game quality is obviously important too, but outside of the absolute biggest games in the world, the streamers really matter.

Destiny was at 35k.  Granted ToO started again today.  This game didn't even hit 35k on launch day.

Destiny was at 35k. Granted ToO started again today. This game didn't even hit 35k on launch day.

it hit like almost 50,000.

Also, like 50% of twitch viewers are 12 year old minecraft players.

And minecrafts install base is quite a bit larger than xbox one and Halo 5. How do console exclusive titles usually fare on twitch? Not so well.

Please explain how you get used to the game in a playlist that has no weapons besides pistol and br.

getting used to the BR, new maps, movement in general...

Thinking about making a bug/glitch topic similar to the MCC one I made a while ago. The only two big bugs I can think off the top of my head is the aiming issue (which I understand now) and the bug were you can't mute people sometimes.

Anything else?

Kill an enemy and the body stays standing. Happens on campaign and in multiplayer.

Please explain how you get used to the game in a playlist that has no weapons besides pistol and br.

They are the primary weapons I would tend to use in slayer. Also I was more so talking in terms of movement, aim and better reflexes.

So let's remove the BR entirely.

I'd be down to play around with it when Forge is released, but there's nothing that can be done currently.

needler starts plz

The needler wrecks.  I usually grab it on regret.  Glad they didn't nerf it against OV.

Or Halo 2, or Halo Reach or Halo 3. 

Difference here is that we created the competitive settings for those games ourselves.

How does vanilla H5 stack up to 2007 H2, 2009 H3, v7 Reach, or end-stage H4? Because vanilla H5 is probably all we're going to get now that 343 calls the tournament shots.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I don't understand, is Champion not a classification of Onyx? Why won't this game match me with Onyx players?

And running team based playlists is honestly boring with the likelihood of you getting bad teammates or a to4 on the other side. The maps also suck.

So now I can't play the only playlist I want to, which in itself is not even that good. If FFA is this empty so soon after launch, I sincerely doubt they're going to make extra playlists work, especially after Blops 3 drops. Even yesterday, almost all of my games had 5-6 of the same people as the last game did.

I'm done with the game for now, I'm going back to fucking Runescape in the meantime.

Or Halo 2, or Halo Reach or Halo 3. 

That's because of the popularity of esports nowadays, not because of how good h5 is.

Twitch is already down to 9.5k.  Just let Halo die.  Stop playing with my emotions.

Instead of worrying about population or viewers just play the damn game. If you don't like it then put it on the shelf and wait for an update or something

• Upvote (+1) 2

Difference here is that we created the competitive settings for those games ourselves.

How does vanilla H5 stack up to 2007 H2, 2009 H3, v7 Reach, or end-stage H4? Because vanilla H5 is probably all we're going to get now that 343 calls the tournament shots.

H2 in '07 had an update that fixed the spread accidentally, Melees, etc. I forgot what h3 fixed but I remember that game in the beginning being hot garbage and H4 Post patch didn't get any better as it still had spread.

Are you really saying H5 wont have any weapon patches that can potentially change the gameplay and strategies? Or map changes? Come on they literally made sure they have a way to patch weapons really well in this game for a reason. A better comparison would be pre patch H2 MLG settings which was dog shit because the game was hot garbage, H3 pre patch was bad as well and H4 pre patch wasn't any good either

Instead of worrying about population or viewers just play the damn game. If you don't like it then put it on the shelf and wait for an update or something

Thank god I already can't play the game

• Downvote (-1) 1

Are you getting shot at? That's why

Wait until December for that then

Nah, even just after sprinting or thrusting it takes a couple of seconds for me to be able to sprint