CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Not even gonna read all of it because of the first two sentences. If you actually slowed it down when I shot, the whole reticule was about an inch above his head. Also, whats making contact with the reticule have anything to do with? He didn't make contact when I shot. The magnetism takes away skill from shooting since you can completely miss and still hit them. 

Rlsn4Hg.png

Slow-mo gif

DirectThriftyInganue.gif

Ranking system isn't working. I'm constantly getting placed with unranked players as opposed to other team not getting any unranked player. It's essentially 50/50 on who wins based on who gets the placement player. Very frustrating, don't see myself continuing trying to rank up if it doesn't balance out. 3 games in a row iv'e had best stats in the game and lost do to having a player that has obviously never played a halo game before this.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

To be honest, if you have low aim assist, then you have to have high magnetism to compensate. There's no getting around that, it's a necessary evil to accommodate the limits of analog stick-based controllers.

I actually don't have any problems with the Magnum's magnetism.

It's the Sniper Rifle's magnetism that really pisses me off. That shit needs to be toned down.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The thing is right, if you want to have a decent utility you want to have high sticky aim but low bullet mag.

It appears 343 think the opposite. Surprise.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The thing is right, if you want to have a decent utility you want to have high sticky aim but low bullet mag.

High sticky aim has its own sets of problems. It's not exactly a miracle solution.

gears does the exact same thing. This isn't anything new

Yup. Love it when people try and come back with "well halo 1 had high aim assist". But there if you were off target at all, you weren't rewarded the hit, you had to be dead on. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I cannot and will not play until they fix the aiming. I just don't feel in control or confident at all when playing Halo 5, and that's something I've never had an issue with in any FPS before. Ever. 

I do think the registration is good as well as the aim assist but it's kinda hard to tell when the aiming feels this shitty but the beta had the lowered aim assist already and I loved the gun battles there. When it was a legit gun battle, not a ring around the rosie sprint battle. 

As I posted last night, I watched some of my beta clips and could tell how much more in control I was in general. I never even thought about the aiming because it just felt good.  

Preach

To be honest, if you have low aim assist, then you have to have high magnetism to compensate. There's no getting around that, it's a necessary evil to accommodate the limits of analog stick-based controllers.

I actually don't have any problems with the Magnum's magnetism.

It's the Sniper Rifle's magnetism that really pisses me off. That shit needs to be toned down.

I could understand if you had to lead with guns in this game, but you dont. People are missing, badly and are getting rewarded for it. This is a problem. They need to address this by either bringing back some bit of aim assist while lowering magnetism or lower the magnetism to force players to actually hit some part of the head to get registration. Yes, the shooting will be more difficult but it's better than someone doing a whirlwind and getting a kill.

I can't take this game serious when i'm getting kills after missing. It's just silly.

That's sort-of true to an extent, but the aim assist is no where near low enough to be in the realm of "limits of analog stick-based controllers." The hitboxes are simply way too generous in Halo 5 right now.

The matchmaking system in this game is absolute trash sometimes. Why am I getting matched up against teams of four 5 games in a row? It seems like the only way to reach the top is to play with other people. You get punished for playing alone.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Guess what, they did (see source i posted before). A lot of new engines are built from the ground when the technology involved changes dramatically. Others are just evolutionary iterations over previous engines. 

I'm getting the impression that you're new to all this. 343 says a lot of things that aren't true...

In fact, just because they said that, I'm even less inclined to believe that they actually built it from scratch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The matchmaking system in this game is absolute trash sometimes. Why am I getting matched up against teams of four 5 games in a row? It seems like the only way to reach the top is to play with other people. You get punished for playing alone.

just do what I do and don't play this game unless other people that are competent can play MM

I have been bitching about this since mcc, They even said they were working on it for mcc it never came. I honestly give up on trying to get party restrictions just seems like they will never listen.

I'm getting the impression that you're new to all this. 343 says a lot of things that aren't true...

In fact, just because they said that, I'm even less inclined to believe that they actually built it from scratch.

Devs always do that, claim it's a new engine when it's not. Halo has always been built on top of the original engine for Halo 1. Not to say things haven't been added and optimized but when people claim "Halo 5 was built on a new engine designed for 60 FPS" are just wrong. If it was built around 60 FPS then why do we have all of these animations at 30 FPS? 

Also, a game's physics engine can be tied to the tickrate of the server but even that's not set in stone. DICE said BF4 was built around the 30 Hz tickrate and couldn't be changed. Well guess what, we now have 144 Hz tickrate servers, surprise! 

Selection bias.

Now with more people on the server while moving. Hitboxes in a lot of games change when on the move. They just recently fixed a hitbox issue in CS while players are jumping. 

Also, you were way too close to the player, back up where most battles happen.

It seems like the only way to reach the top is to play with other people. You get punished for playing alone.

It's always been this way. Couldn't get above the low 40s in Halo 3 without a team either (in my case anyway).

Not that the group/individuals mismatch doesn't suck.

EDIT Apparently you can get to 50 solo in H3. So yeah, tweaking the team matching so you can do the same in H5 would be ideal.

That's cool.....but can we get test videos from further out and some with the spartans moving? because what we see here clearly isn't what we see when we play the game and in clips previously posted.

It's always been this way. Couldn't get above the low 40s in Halo 3 without a team either (in my case anyway).

Not that the group/individuals mismatch doesn't suck.

I got to 50 in MLG playlist 100% solo. 

So this is how i view the ranking system, would you guys say this is a fair interpretation?

hard to say, we'd have to get notes from 343 ... for the one system that I've read a lot about (SC2's), the bronze / silver / gold divisions have been as high as 30-40% (respectively) of total population, so it's not a sample standard deviation

I got to 50 in MLG playlist 100% solo. 

I played a lot of that playlist solo and a good amount with ppl to get a 50. You shouldn't be forced to have a to4 to get the rank you want. You should be matching players with similar skill against similar party sizes......like H3 did, in 2007.

• Upvote (+1) 1

so just like Reach, H4, and MCC ... sigh