CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

do they build engines on the xboxes themselves? they have supercomputers that render games at a native input of at least 4k 60fps already. then they cap resolution and fps when they port it to xbox.

all they had to do was cap it at a resolution that allows 60fps

or you know, not build for ashitty machine such as the xbox one and just release on PC.

• Downvote (-1) 6

How do you figure they have a limited budget? Halo 4 sold over 8 million copies, generating a ton of money for 343, so it's hard to believe they would be limited at all financially. That and the fact they're backed by Micro$oft. As far as the Xbox One goes, there is zero excuse for it releasing with less features than the 360. Microsoft has all the money and resources in the world and the Xbox One could have been absolutely amazing day one if they wanted it to be.

Yeah, I was thinking the same. I'm not saying 343 didn't have a budget, but compared to other AAA developers, it definitely wasn't "limited". If anything, Halo games might have the highest budgets in the market.

A leap of 30fps to 60fps on an game engine is much bigger than you guys think. Indeed, one of the big reasons for the absence of split screen is exactly that. The engine was built from the ground for 60 fps and they couldn't manage to make it run at 30fps with split screen. While possible, it is really hard and laborious. Probably they came to the conclusion that the development cost was not worth it

Sooooooo...what about MCC? Specifically H3 and H4. Those were essentially "cut and paste" jobs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Same and I only notice it with the sniper when sniping mid range enemies. Sniping in Warzone is easy mode and I don't notice it. This leads me to pull a theory out of my ass that maybe it's based on initial sensitivity and it's also dynamic based on the distance the enemy is from you. Idk how to test it, but it's just a thought.

Thinking about making a bug/glitch topic similar to the MCC one I made a while ago. The only two big bugs I can think off the top of my head is the aiming issue (which I understand now) and the bug were you can't mute people sometimes.

Anything else? 

This whole less auto aim is meaningless when the reticule doesn't even have to be red or even near their head for you to hit them because of the massive magnetism.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Your's is blurrier. Ice superior, TranzTeKk inferior. 

LOL at your sig. I was laughing for like a minute

What button layout and sensitivity is everyone playing on? I've always loved bumper jumper but Hell jumper is looking pretty good, the LT zoom is a big advantage over stick zoom. But ground pound on stick feels skyward as well as sniping while holding down LT.. doing the double sniper zoom on A is also really bad. Not really sure which to use.

Thinking about making a bug/glitch topic similar to the MCC one I made a while ago. The only two big bugs I can think off the top of my head is the aiming issue (which I understand now) and the bug were you can't mute people sometimes.

Anything else?

Me and some guys got out of the map on Fathom. Although we did change movement and stuff.

Anything else? 

Merge it in to the wishlist one ? Or keep em separate? 

IMO, the de-scope animation is "odd" ( unlike any other Halo) not sure if it was intended that way or not.

This whole less auto aim is meaningless when the reticule doesn't even have to be red or even near their head for you to hit them because of the massive magnetism.

"skill gap"

when you get in a guns effective range in this game it's way too rewarding....terrible. All I saw in that video was missed shots and then someone died....how sway?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anything else? 

I am not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but the last 4 shots in the magnum it starts making a clicking noise as if the clip is empty. it seems like my shots slow down right at that point.

Me and some guys got out of the map on Fathom. Although we did change movement and stuff.

If you can recreate it in normal settings (and in matchmaking) then I'd consider putting it on there.

Merge it in to the wishlist one ? Or keep em separate? 

IMO, the de-scope animation is "odd" ( unlike any other Halo) not sure if it was intended that way or not.

Keeping them separate would be best. Wishlist is stuff that should be there but isn't. Bug/glitch list is stuff that is there but it's broken.

Anything else?

Small bug but the UI glitch with the boosts showing that they're in use when they're really not

• Upvote (+1) 1

Small bug but the UI glitch with the boosts showing that they're in use when they're really not

This will be fixed in a CU next month but I'll throw it on there.

Am I the only one who thinks nades are a little too strong? It feels like its so easy to get kills with it with its blast radius feeling like the Reach Beta nades.

Lol, Probably.

I don't mind that nades are effective. I will say though, that they're a little bit on the bouncy side, and I don't mind bouncy but these grenades are gumball machine bouncy ball bouncy. But again. They're not garbage like Reach and 4 and I loveeeeee how far you can chuck these nades again. Oh my I love it. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

If you can recreate it in normal settings (and in matchmaking) then I'd consider putting it on there.

Keeping them separate would be best. Wishlist is stuff that should be there but isn't. Bug/glitch list is stuff that is there but it's broken.

Maybe. I'm gonna try when I get off work.

Sooooooo...what about MCC? Specifically H3 and H4. Those were essentially "cut and paste" jobs.

Those are ports. They ported the old engines to Xbox One, while increasing the FPS. The performance usually suffers, as MCC proved, unless the hardware is powerful enough. Once the engine is ported, the game is easily ported without rewriting the code. That's why ODST was ported (same engine as Halo 3) and Reach wasn't (different engine). 

This will be fixed in a CU next month but I'll throw it on there.

Man can we call these "patches" or a "hot fix" in the future. The use of CU makes me think if MCC, which ain't good. :)

Anything else? 

Do you count the FFA spawns as a bug?

Also I have noticed that if I launch a playlist and need to back out, when the prompt comes up with the options of "Okay" and "Dismiss" I have to switch to Dismiss and then back to Okay in order to get the Okay button to work. Anyone else notice this?