CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

We're all up in arms about the aiming, but can anyone actually confirm that default strafe and base movement were modified in any meaningful way? That was one of their big selling points, after all.

i noticed last night that when you go full tilt strafe right then immediately go full tilt strafe left... it slows down from right and then speeds up to go left. i hate that.

please 343 for the love of god, don't wait for a major population decline before working on weapon balancing...

I can understand, that it must be frustrating to put your heart and soul into a project, you finally find a way to make it feel great for you and you see that it does not work all that great now that it is relesed to the puplic, and I really belive you that the current balance is the optimal weapon balance when played in the way it is supposed to be played but don't let pride stand in the way of a better game for the broad community..

The pistol feels great, playing people that follow the same "code of conduct" feels great, but over the last 2-3 days the majority of my arena games are just a giant AR fest...

My university lecturer called in sick today so I could have the whole day to play and I'd really love to because H5 can be a lot of fun (it was on the monday, before everybody started overusing the AR..) but I can't play more than 3 games without losing my motivation at the moment...

@@Sal1ent @@Deez

This chat system needs to get patched asap. I've been in too many games where either the mute doesn't work or I can't see who's talking because the chat icon doesn't show it.

To all those critisizing H5s maps,

Backwash, Orbital and Chiron would like to have a word with you.

There are bad maps in every Halo. I would argue that H5 has mostly good maps for launch.

Idiotic argument. Were we playing any of these in the competitive playlist in either of these games? Backwash wasn't in Team Hardcore, Orbital wasn't in MLG and Chiron isn't in the 2v2 playlist. The maps we have in Team Arena range from decent to trash. 

i noticed last night that when you go full tilt strafe right then immediately go full tilt strafe left... it slows down from right and then speeds up to go left. i hate that.

The strafing is mediocre. It's the low aim assist that makes a lot of the "omg, the strafing is so good" ppl feel that way. It's why the the BR/DMR/Carbine are so effective compared to the pistol at certain ranges...the strafing isn't good. It's slow, especially when you change directions.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Everybody is losing their minds over being able to aim and hit shit, me, I wondering why Halo 5 three years in development can't have the UI, Customization, and Feature Set that was in Halo Reach 5 years ago. I'm totally serious. 343 please see following reference on what I'd say is a fairly complete feature set for a hardcore "casual" anyway:

Halo CE - Shot lead confusion, host

Stop using MCC's version of Halo 1 to talk about Halo 1. There is no shot lead confusion in the OG version. Lol.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Anyone know what the "social" playlist will be this weekend with double xp?  I am going to be out of town and kinda sad I won't be playing Halo 5 the launch weekend.    

So I know the ranks reset after a month, is that the 1st of november or the 27th? or is it just gonna wait until the 1st of december before resetting ranks?

Does anyone happen to know how the ranks work within FFA? Like, do you only get a csr boost if you finish in 1st? Do you go down for anything other than 1st? Bottom 3 or 4? If anyone has a link or insight, gimme gimme.

Does anyone happen to know how the ranks work within FFA? Like, do you only get a csr boost if you finish in 1st? Do you go down for anything other than 1st? Bottom 3 or 4? If anyone has a link or insight, gimme gimme.

I've had terrible games with low placings and still seen my rank go up. My current theory is that it compares your rank to the people you scored higher than. So you can come in 5th, but still rank up if you're a lower rank than the people who came in 6th, 7th, 8th.

Not a bad system tbh, if that's actually what's happening. Means it's always worth fighting for that extra place even if you are 10 kills down from the leaders.

Also...

OKAY.. I was messing around, and I think the best example of this problem that could show the aiming is this.

stuff stuff stuff stuff

Do Halo 3 god damnit.

So far I'm loving this game. Only thing that ruins it for me are quitters.

They may not be quitting. I have had different friends lag out several times a night. It seems to happen sometimes.

This chat system needs to get patched asap. I've been in too many games where either the mute doesn't work or I can't see who's talking because the chat icon doesn't show it.

when someone talks it should appear in the bottom left corner. At least that's where it shows up for me

They may not be quitting. I have had different friends lag out several times a night. It seems to happen sometimes.

Happened to me 3 or 4 times now. It's no fun. :/

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone know what the "social" playlist will be this weekend with double xp?  I am going to be out of town and kinda sad I won't be playing Halo 5 the launch weekend.    

There isn't a social playlist this week that starts next week.

We're all up in arms about the aiming, but can anyone actually confirm that default strafe and base movement were modified in any meaningful way? That was one of their big selling points, after all.

yeah it was in all the ads and they kept saying "halo 5 now with faster movement speed!"
  • Upvote (+1) 1

What sensitivity do you play on? I'm curious if it is less noticeable at lower sensitivities and more noticeable the higher you go. I flipped to a 5 sens and it felt really off, dropped back to 3 and I haven't noticed anything except when I scope with a sniper I feel like I can't track someone at all unless I use jerky movements.

We don't know if there will be one. Quinn said they'll start shortly after launch.

Everybody is losing their minds over being able to aim and hit shit, me, I wondering why Halo 5 three years in development can't have the UI, Customization, and Feature Set that was in Halo Reach 5 years ago. I'm totally serious. 343 please see following reference on what I'd say is a fairly complete feature set for a hardcore "casual" anyway:

Cmon now, you inow 343 likes to fuck things in up in there special way

We don't know if there will be one. Quinn said they'll start shortly after launch.

We probably won't get one this weekend to properly pace the fans.