CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

this might be a placebo effect, but last night i played on my 24in tv and played much better, aimed better, more accurate, etc. I had been playing on a 46in previously and was having issues aiming and just generally playing the game.

Playing on a 24" gaming monitor is night and day compared to a big laggy tv.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Your big screen probably has awful input delay.

it is a vizio from 2006. the recent starwars battlefront played nice on it tho.

there a way to check that?

this might be a placebo effect, but last night i played on my 24in tv and played much better, aimed better, more accurate, etc. I had been playing on a 46in previously and was having issues aiming and just generally playing the game.

A 24" monitor is the best size to play games on. I'm glad that you found the light.

Yeah I play Halo 5 on my Asus VG248QE monitor, such a dramatic difference in how this plays.

There's also a 46" HDTV in this house and I can barely stand to play on it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A 24" monitor is the best size to play games on. I'm glad that you found the light.

well i generally play on my 24in but i have to move my xbox from the living room to my study to do that... just sometimes wanna sit and play on the big tv lol cause im lazy. never thought with certain games it would have that bad of an effect.

No, playing on a smaller screen is always better on any fps. Faster response time and you can see everything on screen easier
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The connection on this game is terrible. My shots always register a second late. I switch back to MCC and it's fine. It's annoying as hell.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Its all good guys, any doubts you had can be forgotten. Greenskull has confirmed it to us....

• Upvote (+1) 5

I still don't understand how I can be ranked for days now, and get put with people that are on like their second placement match. You should never be put with people on their placement matches unless it is literally their 9th game and have already cemented their placement. I feel like Champion is really the only rank where the ranking system is actually working, and its really frustrating as someone who plays solo. I realize most of you are going to just say "get a team" or something along those lines, but I would prefer the game just match similarly skilled people together, and don't think that is too much to ask for. Since player population has for some reason been taken out of the last couple games (most likely due to abysmal numbers), I can't tell if there just literally aren't enough people in the playlist, or if the ranking system just isn't working that well. Ir has a long way to go in my opinion, because lopsided games are happening to me very frequently.  

I agree, I always get onto what I think is my rank up game and get placed with people on their 2nd placement game. Surely there should be enough players by now within my ranking to get teamed up with me.

I haven't had any game like that before, but I've had some really shitty matches on that map.

And it keeps coming up.

Two people will be at both bases red/blue make it to where neither team can grab damage boost & rail gun.  And two others will be contesting the sniper an yeah that's about it for Orion.

Wait so there's no system in place so that full parties get matched with other parties multiple people brought that during the beta. :kappa:

@@Sal1ent An explanation would be nice if this is true because there's absolutely no reason why there shouldn't be a system in place to match parties with other parties.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Wait so there's no system in place so that full parties get matched with other parties multiple people brought that during the beta. :kappa:

@@Sal1ent An explanation would be nice if this is true because there's absolutely no reason why there shouldn't be a system in place to match parties with other parties.

Nah, there is a 343 patented system in place that strictly searches for parties.

We all know the quality of 343s work though don't we?

You come across as someone who is intelligent enough to deduce what factors make or break the enjoyment of a game, but don't have the technical expertise to back it up, which they seem to use against you when you raise a valid point.

Not saying that is what you are - at all - it's just how you come across. It would be nice if Josh/Ghost would say something about the aiming other than 'We like it, get used to it' with this kind of outcry. Hopefully if enough people complain about it they can change it. I'll stop posting neutrally about it as that's not fair on the others who have a strong dislike to it.

The ironic part of this assertion is that Josh/Frankie/whoever have provided almost zero technical insight into the problems of Halo or the processes by which they arise. It's always "our team did this", or "this is our general plan for this". Nothing substantial.

And one can only hope...

Did Halo 3's aiming have this kind of outcry on release? I wasn't a forum-goer back then so I'm not sure.

It didn't, but the community didn't really have the sort of hyper-awareness of these things back then that it does today. If we had the same attitude back then, we would've discovered the packet drops and bullet refunding within the first two weeks.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I still don't understand how I can be ranked for days now, and get put with people that are on like their second placement match. You should never be put with people on their placement matches unless it is literally their 9th game and have already cemented their placement. I feel like Champion is really the only rank where the ranking system is actually working, and its really frustrating as someone who plays solo. I realize most of you are going to just say "get a team" or something along those lines, but I would prefer the game just match similarly skilled people together, and don't think that is too much to ask for. Since player population has for some reason been taken out of the last couple games (most likely due to abysmal numbers), I can't tell if there just literally aren't enough people in the playlist, or if the ranking system just isn't working that well. Ir has a long way to go in my opinion, because lopsided games are happening to me very frequently.  

The system can't place people effectively unless they play against people that the system feels confident about their rank. So by design unranked players should be matched with already ranked players.  This will be less frequent as time goes on and there are fewer and fewer new players.

Playing on a 24" gaming monitor is night and day compared to a big laggy tv.

can confirm

The system can't place people effectively unless they play against people that the system feels confident about their rank. So by design unranked players should be matched with already ranked players.  This will be less frequent as time goes on and there are fewer and fewer new players.

The ranking system is a joke as long as there is no party restrictions it will remain that way.

• Upvote (+1) 3

We're all up in arms about the aiming, but can anyone actually confirm that default strafe and base movement were modified in any meaningful way? That was one of their big selling points, after all.

We're all up in arms about the aiming, but can anyone actually confirm that default strafe and base movement were modified in any meaningful way? That was one of their big selling points, after all.

It's not as significant a change from the beta as I was expecting, but I'd say they are both improved for sure. I didn't even bother strafing in the beta because of how bad the acceleration was.

It's not as significant a change from the beta as I was expecting, but I'd say they are both improved for sure. I didn't even bother strafing in the beta because of how bad the acceleration was.

Fair enough.

Maybe they dumped all the strafe acceleration into the aiming. :kappa:

It didn't, but the community didn't really have the sort of hyper-awareness of these things back then that it does today. If we had the same attitude back then, we would've discovered the packet drops and bullet refunding within the first two weeks.

i figured that stuff out pretty quick.

Strafing is very good, and base movement feels faster.