CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

new to xbox one. will the console tell me if the controller needs an update?

No, you have to manually check. It's really something they should consider though.

Anybody that knows anything about recording, the things he says about the eyeball and his USB mic, holy shit  :wutface:

Yeah, but we're probably not going to do anything drastic with the settings until Forge. There's too few options that no sprint, no/nerfed thrust are the only things I would even think to change.

Acceleration/movement speed? Base damage increase?

It will be great when forge is here though. I'm dreaming of an H5 with all spartan abilities disabled, faster acceleration and movement, increased player damage, and fast power item timers on clamber-less maps.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It will be great when forge is here though. I'm dreaming of an H5 with all spartan abilities disabled, faster acceleration and movement, increased player damage, and fast power item timers on clamber-less maps.

It gonna be like reach and H4 again with poverty MM settings and great custom games (Gold Pro and Promod).

It just sucks that there still is no custom game browser and that the ranking system only works in MM

"Onto the right folks" :flames: :flames:

In all seriousness though, glad they're looking into it.

The right folks that messed it up in the first place?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Team Arena is pretty fun for me right now. For some odd reason it put me in platinum 1 when I'm pulling a KD of 2.5 and KDA of 3. The placement matches were decent quality, but these people are so bad that I'm playing with and against now.  Most games I'm just pooping on people and even when I lose, I'm not doing bad at all. I'll probably get negative repped on Xbox One and get avoided by these players. 

One of my tips is just go for the BR/DMR at spawn. Most of the time you poop on pistol and AR users from most ranges except close quarters. And they spawn relatively quick on each map, so when I die I just go pick up the BR/DMR again.  My only complaint is that to4 shouldn't match randoms and you can obviously tell when you play them and I usually search solo.

Team Arena is pretty fun for me right now. For some odd reason it put me in platinum 1 when I'm pulling a KD of 2.5 and KDA of 3. The placement matches were decent quality, but these people are so bad that I'm playing with and against now.  Most games I'm just pooping on people and even when I lose, I'm not doing bad at all. I'll probably get negative repped on Xbox One and get avoided by these players. 

One of my tips is just go for the BR/DMR at spawn. Most of the time you poop on pistol and AR users from most ranges except close quarters. And they spawn relatively quick on each map, so when I die I just go pick up the BR/DMR again.  My only complaint is that to4 shouldn't match randoms and you can obviously tell when you play them and I usually search solo.

That's a lot of competitive bowel movements.

• Upvote (+1) 1

is anyone seeing the backlash at neogaf on why did 343 use pros for fine tuning this game? The amount of casual stupidity is beyond me on how casuals can take Ghost's post from reddit.. which was a quote from these forums and turn it into that he was directly replying to the halo community as a whole which is not true... he was replying directly to us here.

just some example posts:http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=183496997

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=183497270

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=183497375

There are many more in that thread but holy hell... while the aiming is probably bugged... how on earth do the casuals think this way about games??

is anyone seeing the backlash at neogaf on why did 343 use pros for fine tuning this game? The amount of casual stupidity is beyond me on how casuals can take Ghost's post from reddit.. which was a quote from these forums and turn it into that he was directly replying to the halo community as a whole which is not true... he was replying directly to us here.

just some example posts:http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=183496997

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=183497270

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=183497375

There are many more in that thread but holy hell... while the aiming is probably bugged... how on earth do the casuals think this way about games??

lol what else do you expect from gaf?

It gonna be like reach and H4 again with poverty MM settings and great custom games (Gold Pro and Promod).

It just sucks that there still is no custom game browser and that the ranking system only works in MM

I really think 343 should hand over control of a no spartan abilities playlist to the GoldPro team or some other authority that knows what they're doing.

They've done it once already with throwdown and ghost, and no spartan ability gametypes have no representation in matchmaking at this time.

That's a lot of competitive bowel movements.

I don't know how else to explain it! The reach arena did a better job matching me against similar players in season 1 of Reach than it does now with Halo 5.  I have fun of course, but you also want to play with/against competent people.

lol what else do you expect from gaf?

Common sense i suppose. im reading other posts where people are saying they dont wanna play ranked all the time and that there's nothing for the casual. Wrong........

The ranking system is designed to put the scrubs with scrubs... so it's not like bronze is ever gonna play against champion div.. I just facepalm at this crap because if you read that thread, the claims casuals make quickly spread like a virus amongst them and then you have 343 acting on them and thats how bad game design choices get made.

I don't know how else to explain it! The reach arena did a better job matching me against similar players in season 1 of Reach than it does now with Halo 5.  I have fun of course, but you also want to play with/against competent people.

Shock horror, a ranking system with placement matches and no de rank is fucking awful. News at 11.

Personally I'd say remove BRs and DMRs from the map so there are less complaints about spawning with an inferior weapon.

I have no problems with the BR, but the DMR seems to just be a straight upgrade to the Magnum. I swap for it any chance I get.

Base damage can't be increased without breaking the BR and making it a 3-shot. A weapon that easy to use shouldn't be more powerful than the Magnum.

Can someone explain to me what feels 'wrong' with aiming? I literally have no issues except my aim is shit because I'm terrible.

What sensitivity do you play on? I'm curious if it is less noticeable at lower sensitivities and more noticeable the higher you go. I flipped to a 5 sens and it felt really off, dropped back to 3 and I haven't noticed anything except when I scope with a sniper I feel like I can't track someone at all unless I use jerky movements.

this might be a placebo effect, but last night i played on my 24in tv and played much better, aimed better, more accurate, etc. I had been playing on a 46in previously and was having issues aiming and just generally playing the game.

this might be a placebo effect, but last night i played on my 24in tv and played much better, aimed better, more accurate, etc. I had been playing on a 46in previously and was having issues aiming and just generally playing the game.

Your big screen probably has awful input delay.