CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

It's not the worst micro-transaction system out there, especially when compared to how EA's titles handle theirs, but that's just me and I don't expect any agreement form me as quite a few people are set in their thought process for microtransactions of any kind. As for everything else, his reviews are pure entertainment at best for me and I rarely take them seriously due to how he approaches said reviews.

I don't watch him often, but is he usually drunk and this ridiculous when streaming?

all I know is that he was drunk this time and his enjoyment may have been stunted, even his ignorance came into play, he's like" we've been fighting the enemies as halo 4" ok we fought the same enemies, the covenant, for ten years, in halo 5 it's no different, you fight the prometheans but they've been changed quite a bit, the different classes of soldiers and redone knight make them almost totally different to fight this time around, but he didn't play halo 4 so he wouldn't know that, and he's going to talk shit about the enemies based on his own ignorance. I may sound like a baby, but I care about this shit man.

Good lord.

That is awesome.

all I know is that he was drunk this time and his enjoyment may have been stunted, even his ignorance came into play, he's like" we've been fighting the enemies as halo 4" ok we fought the same enemies, the covenant, for ten years, in halo 5 it's no different, you fight the prometheans but they've been changed quite a bit, the different classes of soldiers and redone knight make them almost totally different to fight this time around, but he didn't play halo 4 so he wouldn't know that, and he's going to talk shit about the enemies based on his own ignorance. I may sound like a baby, but I care about this shit man.

Angry Joe quite often goes off on completely ignorant rants.

His Dirty Bomb stream was rubbish.

Not even close as long as spartan abilities are on.

It's a shame that, once again, the game needs to be heavily modified to make the gameplay decent.

But it doesn't. lol Out of the box the game is great competitively and casually. I would take peoples opinions more seriously, but how many of you will I actually see showing up to events this year? I know I will be and damn it if this game isn't competitive idk what is, but if people are going to compare this game to H3. LOL The fuck out of here.

And the AR while crouched shoots straight huh? Lol. Strafe while that dumb ass is playing like a Reach kid mother fuckers. It actually works in this game. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

not sure what you're talking about. Went against solid players (Onyx )in Arena/slayer and it's barely any ARs. Went against Hysteria and FiS and no one used it there either. If I ever get stomped its by good map movement aiming and communication.

Champion level FFA is ARs at close range. Pretty much no one is bothering to use pistols/BR close range unless they got caught off guard.

Why?

Spray weapon fights are the absolute lowest level form of fighting that has ever existed in halo. You're grabbing at straws to use that as a reason for why the game (the default experience at least) is good.

Out of the box the game is great competitively.

Lol.

Why does it matter if people attend events or not? Those people can play and enjoy tournament settings without attending events.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Spray weapon fights are the absolute lowest level form of fighting that has ever existed in halo. You're grabbing at straws to use that as a reason for why the game (the default experience at least) is good.

theres difference between using that as reason for saying the game is good between saying the game isn't as bad.

I'm just not really willing to accept that getting off the bottom of the barrel is something that's worth commending.

Sending from my phone so I apologize in advance for any typos or shit.

First of all, I vaguely remember stating this a long time ago but I'll never disagree with you man. It'd be so easy for 343, or any studio, to take the success of Halo 1-3 (campaign and multiplayer) and just replicate it. Guaranteed best seller. Anything with the Halo name is guaranteed to sell well, honestly. But they've shown since Reach that that's not what they want to do - they'd rather reinvent the wheel which boggles my mind but whatever.

The whole point I'm making is that strictly speaking like, Day 3 out of the box Halo 5 is miles and miles better than Halo 4 was at that point in time, when all we had was custom load outs, a 5SK BR, shit disc maps that were borderline unplayable for anything smaller than 5v5...

My hope is that those in charge of the HCS stuff will listen to the community, to some extent. I would love it if, in the future, they give us a list of "non-negotiables" so we can focus on experimenting with other shit.

I also don't mind the 3.5 game types (fuck Breakout). Makes the game streamlined. Maybe when they release Forge, or in the future, they'll reintroduce things like Oddball (no throw please), KotH, etc. It makes sense to me to keep things minimal for now to narrow the initial feedback for the inevitable 1.1 patch. Hopefully they'll widen the net before Christmas a bit.

holy shit @@Katastrophe is BACK?

Provided I'm not in a honeymoon phase with the game, yeah. I'm going to be looking into an Elgato next weekend, start streaming since I built a new PC last year. If I like this game as much as I think I do, I have a ton of plans/ideas. :)

Champion level FFA is ARs at close range. Pretty much no one is bothering to use pistols/BR close range unless they got caught off guard.

Havent played FFA so cant argue you there. Should probably remove it at least for FFAs.

I mean 343 has set it's sights on this and I'll take it over Reach and 4 any day. What are we going to do anymore? We had 2 shit Halo games but now we have a good game with some setbacks. Cross fingers for better DLC. Other than that, I am enjoying this game and what it currently has to offer in its early life.

But it doesn't. lol Out of the box the game is great competitively and casually. I would take peoples opinions more seriously, but how many of you will I actually see showing up to events this year? I know I will be and damn it if this game isn't competitive idk what is, but if people are going to compare this game to H3. LOL The fuck out of here.

And the AR while crouched shoots straight huh? Lol. Strafe while that dumb ass is playing like a Reach kid mother fuckers. It actually works in this game. 

Humpflung on 343i's payroll confirmed. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Some thoughts after playing 30 matches or so today:

-Fathom is a shit map for TS but plays pretty good w/ flag

-Game has potential out of box, just needs some adjustments

-Eden plays really well both TS and strongholds (great weapon placement)

-Magnetism on sniper is fucking insane, a quadriplegic could snapshot Ogre 2 through a wall. If I'M getting headshots left and right, you're game is easy.

-REQ system is a great way to keep people playing (dislike microtransactions in AAA games but if it keeps the population I'm ok with it)

-BR and DMR are way too easy to use, patch that shit

-Aim acceleration is really bad your first few games but when you get used to it it feels like pretty much any other Halo.

-Playing with a team is night and day different and way, WAY better

-Party restrictions aren't in here, stop pairing me with TO4's who are clearly ex Final Boss members alts

-I am the anti clutch king

We'll see how this games plays when inevitable TU's and post launch balancing patches happen

So its pointless and means nothing, got it.

Dudes really going nuts over playing Spartan Barbie dress up 

Its fun and adds a little extra to the rank grind tbo. Them skins/armor Kreygasm 

Humpflung on 343i's payroll confirmed. 

I probably wouldn't be posting on the forums, and if I ever had the time too, I would only respond to people roasting the company I work for.  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I probably wouldn't be posting on the forums, and if I ever had the time too, I would only respond to people roasting the company I work for.  :lxthul:

When 343i hires me to shill for them, I will be using this exact script  :walshy:  :kappa:  :goat:  :goat:  :goat:  :goat:

When 343i hires me to shill for them, I will be using this exact script  :walshy:  :kappa:  :goat:  :goat:  :goat:  :goat:

You need to have a 3rd grade education first to understand how to read a script  :kappa: 

(let the roast wars begin)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just hit Champion 160 in Arena  :prayers:  :prayers:  :prayers:

Once you get past the placement matches, the ranking system is incredible. My last 7 matches have been incredibly close and fun as hell.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1