CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I think the pros outweigh the cons of it to be honest. It makes map traversal feel nice and smooth while also allowing you to add yet another layer onto your strafe. Using it to get away is whatever but at least it doesn't make you invincible

I mean, there's more pros than cons if you want to think of it that way. But as far as what it does to the gameplay, the drawbacks are horrific. Getting caught in the open and down 3 shots hardly means anything anymore given how easy it is to jump, thrust, and clamber up 4 different ledges. These are literally the exact same arguments against armor lock/sprint that we had in Reach. Except thruster packs are far more effective and versatile than those two ever could be.

• Upvote (+1) 1

the whole you can't have an opinion until you've tried it is nonsense, everything is relative, i don't eat things that have the same properties as foods i hate the taste of, i can qualitatively judge if certain clothing, cars, furniture etc will be useful or shoddy without trying them based on what they are made of, how they're created or getting details / notes on its performance, i can judge movies or books prior to watching / reading them based on their approach. if you can't make an inference or a formed opinion based on concepts that you're familiar with then that's just quite passive imo.

you're dumb. you cannot conclude a volcano is deadly and hot without trying it yourself.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Does anyone know how the ranking system works? I mean I've heard SC2's system is good, but I know someone who is pretty abysmal and managed to still get into platnium.... We also played some TS with my friends friend we won all 10 placement matches for him and he went about double negative every game and yet managed diamond (fuck that). I've also seen plenty of diamonds and onyxes drop triple negative when we play them, I honestly feel most of these people should be gold at best. I think the system is a little too generous.

At this point I'm still all for H2's original 1-50 system, once you hit 44-50 it starts the elo system. Every game that has these divisions seem extremely inaccurate and do nothing of what they were intended to do. The only one I've heard of being extremely good is LoL's. It seems the complex placement system just causes too many inaccuracies, I'd rather it be based purely on wins. The only solution I have is to drop peoples ranks, if you lose 5 games in a row on diamond one, maybe you don't belong there? 

the whole you can't have an opinion until you've tried it is nonsense, everything is relative, i don't eat things that have the same properties as foods i hate the taste of, i can qualitatively judge if certain clothing, cars, furniture etc will be useful or shoddy without trying them based on what they are made of, how they're created or getting details / notes on its performance, i can judge movies or books prior to watching / reading them based on their approach. if you can't make an inference or a formed opinion based on concepts that you're familiar with then that's just quite passive imo.

Totally.  I was referring specifically to the aim issue.  I really don't know how you can complain about it before experiencing it when some people don't even have an issue with the aiming at all.

Does anyone know how the ranking system works? I mean I've heard SC2's system is good, but I know someone who is pretty abysmal and managed to still get into platnium.... We also played some TS with my friends friend we won all 10 placement matches for him and he went about double negative every game and yet managed diamond (fuck that). I've also seen plenty of diamonds and onyxes drop triple negative when we play them, I honestly feel most of these people should be gold at best. I think the system is a little too generous.

Someone said I think yesterday that we have literally not seen one person in Iron/Bronze divisions. Not in placements, not on these forums, nowhere. Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen a silver yet. It's starting to feel weird.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Have you been to Iraq? If not, you better not have an opinion on it.

My brother did two deployments there and he said the settings were garbo.

No aim assist or bullet mag, which is good but the strafe is worthless, everything is a 1SK and the sniper is OP as fuck.

• Upvote (+1) 5

The game has a skill gap. It's fucking challenging. It's got a great ranking system. It's decidedly 4v4. I like the gametypes and maps for the most part.

We got a good competitive shooter with good competitive shooter features. I'm very happy, even with the flaws in the game right now.

Naturally people are going to complain because we are all playing people about as good as we are constantly. We are being challenged almost every game. Close games and intense gameplay are going to breed stupid subjective complaints. It exacerbates our issues with the game. There are many little in game things we want adjusted to perfect the gameplay, but the only issue truly hurting the game right now for me is aiming.

Fix the fucking aiming and don't tell us to get used to it. It's fucking dogshit and everyone knows it.

Outside of that great game.

Best post 2015

• Downvote (-1) 1

Someone said I think yesterday that we have literally not seen one person in Iron/Bronze divisions. Not in placements, not on these forums, nowhere. Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen a silver yet. It's starting to feel weird.

It is weird in a way but I tend to think the players in those divisions probably aren't into Halo enough to post on community message boards.

OK. I'm of the opinion that this is the best default Halo since CE.

Halo 3 stomps it. 

The H3 sniping was more difficult.

BRing was a bit more difficult, albeit because of a ******** random spread and leading shots. 

Movement was clearly awful and almost unresponsive but it was nowhere near as bad as H5.

H3 Default Maps were better than H5's are.

H3 had forge from day 1.

H3's population >>>

H3's ranking system >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Halo 3's Hardcore playlist >>>>

Halo 3's spartan models >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Halo 3 stomps it. 

The H3 sniping was more difficult.

BRing was a bit more difficult, albeit because of a ******** random spread and leading shots. 

Movement was clearly awful and almost unresponsive but it was nowhere near as bad as H5.

H3 Default Maps were better than H5's are.

H3 had forge from day 1.

H3's population >>>

H3's ranking system >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Halo 3's Hardcore playlist >>>>

Halo 3's spartan models >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

dave-chappelle-17.gif?w=656

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm on the fence between buying this now and and preordering Black Ops 3. Is H5 worth the purchase at this moment or should I just save my money for next week?

Yeah, the aiming is the number one fix this game needs. The most fundamental part of the game, and it feels this awful

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm on the fence between buying this now and and preordering Black Ops 3 is H5 worth the purchase at this moment or should I just save my money for next week?

Do neither and save your money. 

Come back 6 months when Halo 5 is much better (forge, forged maps, and if 343 listens to everyone about the custom game options) and buy it Used.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm on the fence between buying this now and and preordering Black Ops 3. Is H5 worth the purchase at this moment or should I just save my money for next week?

Save it, and wait until December.

• Upvote (+1) 1

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/3qpkjr/radar_isnt_a_crutch_its_an_integral_part_of_halo/

Why isn't anyone concerned about this post? If 343 caves and increases radar across the board -- I'm done (really). They made this game competitive out of box, don't fall back on that, because people want their little crutch back. For once I can actually play all playlists without worrying about the slow ass gameplay of baddies camping with shotguns just waiting for you at every corner starring at the radar the entire match as a CRUTCH. It's not hard to set up on BR tower on Lockout with sword and snipe and keep it the entire game when you have radar. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/3qpkjr/radar_isnt_a_crutch_its_an_integral_part_of_halo/

Why isn't anyone concerned about this post? If 343 caves and increases radar across the board -- I'm done (really). They made this game competitive out of box, don't fall back on that, because people want their little crutch back. For once I can actually play all playlists without worrying about the slow ass gameplay of baddies camping with shotguns just waiting for you at every corner, using the radar as a CRUTCH. It's not hard to set up on BR tower on Lockout with sword and snipe and keep it the entire game when you have radar. 

I was literally getting ready to post that thread myself.

Just another "it's not that bad so it should stay" poster.

Why isn't anyone concerned about this post? If 343 caves and increases radar across the board -- I'm done (really). They made this game competitive out of box, don't fall back on that, because people want their little crutch back. For once I can actually play all playlists without worrying about the slow ass gameplay of baddies camping with shotguns just waiting for you at every corner, using the radar as a CRUTCH. It's not hard to set up on BR tower on Lockout with sword and snipe and keep it the entire game when you have radar.

Saw that post earlier, just kind of admitted to myself that I'm not clever/charismatic enough to overcome that kind of willful foolishness.

• Upvote (+1) 2