CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Take out every spartan ability. Sprint still needs to just be gone. Make some actually good maps and we will still how good this game can be.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Has anyone actually unlocked any weapon skins yet? Just keep getting bloody mongoose or ghosts.

Finally getting around to watching the Pistola VoD....this is so bad holy shit

what happened?

Has anyone actually unlocked any weapon skins yet? Just keep getting bloody mongoose or ghosts.

I got an SMG one.

I'm sure, but it's primarily what I'm seeing in this thread unless I just missed earlier discussions (totally possible, since I only started skimming at launch day). I'm just saying, if you're looking strictly Halo 4 to Halo 5, not like Halo 2 to Halo 5, it's a huge improvement. I've just never been the type of person to say like, Halo:CE is what all Halo's should be. I'm willing to give them this new sprint, thrusters, ground pound, etc. since they don't completely ruin the game the way things like Jetpack did.

I'm just not really willing to accept that getting off the bottom of the barrel is something that's worth commending. Let's be clear here, this is not 343 trying to figure out how to make a good Halo game. That's not where their effort is. They have five prior games to use as precedent and everything that's going into the game is done on purpose over a period of years. Everything is deliberate...so that leaves me wondering who thought it was a good idea to cut gametypes and longstanding features out of the game, or who said "well jetpack was a terrible idea, but I think a buffed thruster will fit in", or whoever thought changing the aiming was a good idea when 99% of the community was perfectly content with the way it was before.

But let's look at H4 after all the bullshit got stripped out. 4-shot utility weapons, de-scope, no sprint, no stupid abilities, Forged maps that were at least passable, aiming that nobody complained about...what exactly does H5 have on H4 in that state? Furthermore, what can H5 become later on in its life that gets us above that bar? We don't even have control over the competitive aspect of Halo this go-around, since 343soft has that on lockdown with HCS/HWC. Want to use better maps forged by the community? Tough shit. Think the game would work better with buffed speed and strafe accel? Too damn bad. Do you believe that radar is inherently incompatible with tournament play? LOL WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING

I don't think we're anywhere near out of the water as far as getting a better-playing Halo game.

Actually, since I have your attention and I know you'll have an answer for me... kill time to the 5sk magnum - how's it stack compared to BR kill times in the past? I've been playing Destiny for so long that I just don't remember and it's been bother me this whole time.

Five-shot pistol is basically exactly the same TTK as the H2 BR. (I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me how many body shots it takes the H5 pistol to kill)

However, instead of massive aim assist being the problem, now we have too little with minuscule aim assist and a tiny red-reticule range, which extrapolates battles out in the same fashion, just with the opposite issue.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So far I've gotten a pistol one and an AR one.

This game isn't good. 3flop3/3fail3 strikes again.

Maps are a complete clusterfuck.

11 years later and we still need BR starts.

How the hell this game ranked me in Platinum 2 is beyond me.

Need social arena playlists.

Every game mode feels like I'm shooting at ants.

Blue floors and walls make being red team in breakout terrible.

campaign was way too short and walking around a town to talk to someone should hardly be considered a mission. While campaign felt like a slightly longer version of Spartan Ops.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Has anyone tried the damage modifiers to get a 4 shot pistol? I know it will eff up other weapons damages so just okay a pistols only game and see how it feels. I want to know how good it is.

70% shield and 150% health makes it a 4sk without affecting the AR or SMG in any meaningful way (1 less bullet when hitting headshots after shields are gone). the Light Rifle is also not affected in total shots to kill by this change.

Unfortunately it also makes the BR a 3sk, which since we can't remove that due to Forge not yet being here could be problematic on maps it's more prominent on.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've had so many arguments as to why too many games artificially extend their playtime through padding and filler. Halo 5's length was fine

70% shield and 150% health makes it a 4sk without affecting the AR or SMG in any meaningful way (1 less bullet when hitting headshots after shields are gone). the Light Rifle is also not affected in total shots to kill by this change.

Unfortunately it also makes the BR a 3sk, which since we can't remove that due to Forge not yet being here could be problematic on maps it's more prominent on.

Thank you for the info. Yea the BR thing would be a problem. But if thy removed the BR...

http://www.twitch.tv/igoturpistola/v/22956651

2:18~ is where I started watching from but there might be more. Just some absolutely bizarre stream of consciousness stuff

Oh god.. that was nuts man. like really nuts. Didn't he not have enough money to fix his hand? He's talking about buying a brand new motorcycle.. Was this like 6am after a 48 hour stream?

Since I could give less of a fuck about Warzone, I'm selling everything Warzone related I get and buy the gold ones. The only difference I see in the description is Silver gives Common to Rare, Gold gives Uncommon to Legendary. So if you have no interest in the armors labelled as Legendary, then it's much more cost effective to buy Silvers.

Also, just from the description, I'd wager that if you maxed out silvers (as in, you have all Common to Rare unlocks), Gold would only give you Legendarys. But that's just based on my interpretation of the description.

Edit: That said though, since I have a small collection of strategy guides, I got the Halo 5 one and there's a FUCK TON of armor in this game.

I have no interest in Warzone either. I may play a few times but I've been selling all my weapons that I get

Oh god.. that was nuts man. like really nuts. Didn't he not have enough money to fix his hand? He's talking about buying a brand new motorcycle.. Was this like 6am after a 48 hour stream?

Might have been.  Earlier in the video he says he's been up for 40 hours.  IDK if that's true.

He got on his knees earlier and told the camera he will study halo and write down every note down, and he will find every weakness of anyone and take them down. Some serial killer type of shit lmao

He did say he hasn't slept for like 48 hours and has only been sleeping for like 3-4 hours a day. I'm sure that and the adderall he took caused this shit.

I mean taking notes of your opponents isn't too out there. It's somewhat common in the Fighting Game Community to have a notebook full of notes on your opponents' habits. But the rest of it was pretty damn crazy

Might have been.  Earlier in the video he says he's been up for 40 hours.  IDK if that's true.

I kinda believe it. I can respect some passion but that was just crazy.

God is it infuriating having people thrust back around a corner when they would have died to my 5th shot in any other halo game. Being out of position needs to be punished. WTB 4 shot pistol or faster rate of fire.  :holmes:

I'm just not really willing to accept that getting off the bottom of the barrel is something that's worth commending. Let's be clear here, this is not 343 trying to figure out how to make a good Halo game. That's not where their effort is. They have five prior games to use as precedent and everything that's going into the game is done on purpose over a period of years. Everything is deliberate...so that leaves me wondering who thought it was a good idea to cut gametypes and longstanding features out of the game, or who said "well jetpack was a terrible idea, but I think a buffed thruster will fit in", or whoever thought changing the aiming was a good idea when 99% of the community was perfectly content with the way it was before.

But let's look at H4 after all the bullshit got stripped out. 4-shot utility weapons, de-scope, no sprint, Forged maps that were at least passable, aiming that nobody complained about...what exactly does H5 have on H4 in that state? Furthermore, what can H5 become later on in its life that gets us above that bar? We don't even have control over the competitive aspect of Halo this go-around, since 343soft has that on lockdown with HCS/HWC. Want to use better maps forged by the community? Tough shit. Think the game would work better with buffed speed and strafe accel? Too damn bad. Do you believe that radar is inherently incompatible with tournament play? LOL WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING

I don't think we're anywhere near out of the water as far as getting a better-playing Halo game.

Five-shot pistol is basically exactly the same TTK as the H2 BR. (I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me how many body shots it takes the H5 pistol to kill)

However, instead of massive aim assist being the problem, now we have too little with minuscule aim assist and a tiny red-reticule range, which extrapolates battles out in the same fashion, just with the opposite issue.

Agreed with everything man. Also your sig, the honeymoon phase has got a lot of people trapped right now. 

Everyone just keep repeating "well at least we have a decent starting weapon now". Give me a break. There is so much more to having a good competitive Halo game than that. Not to mention that there are better utility weapons on the map than the pistol.

Kill times are too long and the ability to escape is seeming like the most valuable trait to have in this game. I'm going to finish the campaign and then go back to csgo and other PC shooters until they fix some stuff. I'm not having fun with Halo right now so why bother.