CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

how does the h5 pistol stack up against  the real pistol from CE?

in terms f balance and skill

It's easier because you move at least 10 times faster in Halo 5 than you do in CE.

But if we had the CE pistol in Halo 5, most people would empty their clips before getting a kill.

Overall it's balanced and skillful enough for the sandbox. Aiming up close just feels weird.

Ground Pound is honestly the most unexpected hype thing of Halo 5. It's not practical but I always want to get like a meaningful kill with it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wish the req pack pictures were a little more discernible at a quick glance. Rares, Uncommons, Commons are all white and grey. And a lot of the packs I actually have no idea what they are for. A little notification somewhere saying arena, warzone, arena/warzone for which ones are used where would be nice.

Imagine a weekend playlist with CE pistol starts and CE maps made in forge as a throwback map.

I am getting increasingly alarmed at the many people complaining about how aiming works. And then, as I play the game, I cannot understand what they mean.

Either they are wrong, or I am.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's easier because you move at least 10 times faster in Halo 5 than you do in CE.

But if we had the CE pistol in Halo 5, most people would empty their clips before getting a kill.

Overall it's balanced and skillful enough for the sandbox. Aiming up close just feels weird.

is the movement as crisp tho? ive been trying to get people to post the starfes comparison

Well I thought it was good.

The way they set up the Story for Halo 6 was excellent 

And That's the only positive thing in the story imo, glad the Gameplay and Level design are great though that would make playing through the campaign lovable

Yea, the campaign's level design is pretty amazing.

I've only payed a few games of Arena so far. I don't have much of an opinion on it right now. As for Warzone... it's a blast. The REQ system is a neat idea.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I get that we need to be better at aiming...and that there's little sticky aim with the pistol...but when you spawn and you've got a BR shooting at you and your only defense is your pistol...and because the range is too far for the pistol to engage sticky-aim...how in the hell do you defend yourself? Run away? Even a little beyond medium range where the sticky-aim on the pistol turns off...I've been in firefights with rifles...it sucks, I always lose.

medium and long range pistol battles are fine. I completely understand people thinking the close range ones are weird thou.

now i could just be terrible since i haven't really played any halos since reach but it just seems like my pistol moves so damn slow compared to there strafe that even when i fully flick it to the side it doesn't keep up. Almost like theres a slow turn. But my controller isn't slow turning.

• Upvote (+1) 2

i dont get it

when close range, just double beatdown and dip like ranch

aint nobody got time to try to land shots at close range with skillful weaponry 

medium and long range pistol battles are fine. I completely understand people thinking the close range ones are weird thou.

now i could just be terrible since i haven't really played any halos since reach but it just seems like my pistol moves so damn slow compared to there strafe that even when i fully flick it to the side it doesn't keep up. Almost like theres a slow turn. But my controller isn't slow turning.

^ This.  It feels like I have slow turn in close range pistol fights.  I did not have problems with close range fights in any other halo.  It just feels like 343 jacked this up.  I've even tried going up to 6 sensitivity just to account for the weird close range battles