CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I think S0UL FLAME was right.

I am the 343 summoning rod.

Or "Magic Stick" if you prefer

Your lemonade brings all 343 to the yard.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Just...just shhh.

I just want one map that's on the same level as Sanctuary, Gaurdian, the pit, Lockout, etc.

What are the chances well never see another real map for Halo 5? Why would 343 make real maps not in forge? They already made all their money at launch. They are spending profit at this point lol. They have no monetary incentive to do anything anymore.

Mmm. I disagree. It was a gamble to release all map DLC for free (because this is the easiest and most accepted microtransaction for games).. aka you can sell people new maps and they will buy them and they make a ton of money. 

It seems like they chose to put their eggs into the REQ Pack / Skins basket (which is a great move). Because this system not only is a cool and cheap way to keep players interested, they actually need a LEGIT Sustain plan in place to make sure a sizable population is retained for a long term - so their REQ pack revenue stream stays consistent enough to justify doing it again for future games.

Higher Population = Higher REQ Pack Sales

Lower Population =. .. you get the picture. 

As far as "another real map" I am sure it will be a decent mix of both forge and real maps. I would be very surprised if every DLC map were just forge creations. Then again it wouldn't be the worst thing ever either.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What are the chances well never see another real map for Halo 5? Why would 343 make real maps not in forge? They already made all their money at launch. They are spending profit at this point lol. They have no monetary incentive to do anything anymore.

bmn1qCf.gif

reqs bro, reqs

So are gold Req packs the best way to get weapon skins?

I only buy the gold packs, had some good luck so far :)

I only buy the gold packs, had some good luck so far :)

I need more of them weapon skins.

I think S0UL FLAME was right.

I am the 343 summoning rod.

Or "Magic Stick" if you prefer

What will you do, oh Great and Sour,

With this discovered summon power?

Will you ask for queries and mentions,

or carry on with your "Negative Intentions?"

Either way, this much is true;

The devs, when summoned, will screw with you.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I love the feel and aiming of this game.

I instantly noticed it was smoother than the beta. It took me like 10ish games or a few campaign levels to get used to it but it feels soooo buttery smooth.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

That's not the way the ranking system works...

Placing someone like myself who hasn't played Xbox in 8 months and is shit into onyx based on 10 games I played AND NOT BEING ABLE TO DROP TO DIAMOND OR LOWER (sorry on mobile or else I'd just italicize this lol) seems like a very limited way to rank someone. 10 games is a very small sample size for an INITIAL placement to be able to max out in rank aside from going for champion. yes sure after they do the first season and reset ranks you should be able to place in the same division you were in before they were reset (assuming the average ELO of that division hasn't changed) is fine. But for an intial placement of 10 games that could vary drastically based on your teammates performance or if you were in a party as well seems poorly thought out imo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I instantly noticed it was smoother than the beta. It took me like 10ish games or a few campaign levels to get used to it but it feels soooo buttery smooth.

Interesting to see you enjoy it compared to a decent number of others who disliked it. They provided some pretty good explanation as to their issues with it. Do you not have these same issues?

Interesting to see you enjoy it compared to a decent number of others who disliked it. They provided some pretty good explanation as to their issues with it. Do you not have these same issues?

At first, yes. Its very frustrating, but I keep on playing and its like I just sink into it. It was the SAME way in the beta for me. Rough at first, but after a few games its one of the best feeling shooters ive played in a while. 

Yeah, but you like anything a Halo developer throws out, so...

Wow, thanks for your contribution! You're totally right! 

Especially my 9 lovely and amazing games on Halo 4. It's the best shooter ever!

Feel free to explore my post history, I share my dislike for Halo a plentiful amount, bud.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

@@Deez, @@Sal1ent, I'm incredibly disappointed to see that the pro team likes the way the aiming feels in this game.  It instantly felt wrong, and continues to feel wrong.  It affects me every single battle, and I don't know how to compensate for it. Do I turn my sensitivity up, or down?  Should I avoid zooming in?  I don't know how to play around it. It is infuriating, and it sucks the fun out of an otherwise fantastic game.

And now to see that this was intentional, and there are influential people on your team telling you they like how it feels...it's just really disheartening, and I didn't expect it from you guys.  People bag on Halo 4 all the time, but you guys nailed movement and aiming it that game.  It felt perfect.  And now I play Halo 5 and I can't make minor aim adjustments without grossly overcompensating.  I mean this literally when I tell you, I honestly thought I had a slowturn controller last night.  I was actually prepared to drop $60 on a new controller to play your game better, but now I'm learning that this is how you actually designed your game to be.  This change sucks.  In no way whatsoever is it an improvement to what you had with H4 and H2A.  There was no reason to change it, and I implore you, please, change it back.  I want to enjoy your game.

So true, Halo 4 may have not been a very good game in terms of gameplay but at least the aiming felt smooth. Same with H2A. I really hope they fix it in the next update. People on Waypoint are even upset about this and that is saying something.

serious question. Did you enjoy Halo 3's aiming?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I actually like the aiming system. It feels nice, but I agree that there are some moments where I can't even get a headshot. It takes a few games to get used to it.

Some people like 30 FPS over 60 as well. Don't ever listen to these types of people. 

Some people play with vsync on or even aim acceleration on purpose. Can't be trusted. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

At first, yes. Its very frustrating, but I keep on playing and its like I just sink into it. It was the SAME way in the beta for me. Rough at first, but after a few games its one of the best feeling shooters ive played in a while.

I'm so sorry. 

Console problem I guess. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I really wish I felt the same.. I try so fucking hard too, I just can't get used to it.