CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

@@Sal1ent This definitely isn't an issue of "honing your shot" due to the lower than usual (in Halo) levels of aim assist. It is an acceleration issue. Experientially, it's given me the feeling of "slow turn" when aiming both horizontally and diagonally. This isn't an issue with my controller; when I play H1 or H2 I don't experience this.

Overall, it isn't game breaking for me, but it absolutely affects my experience of the game. I find myself deliberately positioning myself to get in mid range battles because, even at 4 sens, aiming is like trudging through molasses at closer range.  And I can't just up my sens to 5 or 6 because it compromises my ability to shoot at mid to long range.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am Warden Eternal. I will make you want to fist your monitor with my English accent. Watch as your squad die again and again as they stand still for me to decimate them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Pistol really needs to be 4 shot, especially for fighting against ARs. Getting a perfect pistol kill vs close quarters AR is really hard,and often times it's not fast enough.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Seems kind of odd to me. I'm not sure how I'd play coming from infinite spawns to only one life per round.

COD does it successfully already, it's not that big of a jump really. The higher lethality will need reminding almost every series but I guess it's wait and see.

On the plus side Strongholds looks like a really good gametype, would be awesome to see it replace TS even.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

@@Sal1ent

The aiming is hard because the aim mechanics are fundamentally flawed, give us options please to turn off aim acceleration and jump velocity.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I am Warden Eternal. I will make you want to fist your monitor with my English accent. Watch as your squad die again and again as they stand still for me to decimate them.

Yo dog, we heard you like Warden Eternal so we gave you a Warden Eternal to deal with while you're dealing with Warden Eternal.

Dumbest boss fights ever. Could they not come up with anything different than throwing the same dude at us over and over?

I hate how devs will reply to the negative comments that aren't even referring to them specifically but ignore the posts that are actually asking legitimate questions AND referencing them  <_<

Well to be fair to him, most of the comments and questions directed his way are things that:

A.) He can't answer (obvious reasons)

B.) Too nit-picky

Look, i'm not one to cut anyone slack, let alone 343 after the MCC debacle, but the game literally just came out. Asking for new maps, map changes, additional playlist info, etc., is a bit absurd at this point (given it just came out). The questions regarding aim assist, however, are totally valid.  

• Upvote (+1) 4

Pistol really needs to be 4 shot, especially for fighting against ARs. Getting a perfect pistol kill vs close quarters AR is really hard,and often times it's not fast enough.

And even then you are always 1 shot for the next guy to clean up. The skill discrepancy between the pistol and AR should not allow for those weapons to be that equally matched in terms of damage per second.

• Upvote (+1) 7

THE STIX R MAGICK

M9tmo05.png

343's pro team also consulted both Lil Kim and 50 Cent to fine tune their magic sticks.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Aiming issues are not just a function of not being used to low aim assist.

1. Load up H1/2 on the MCC and play with the aim.

2. Switch to H5 and do the same thing.

The way the reticule itself moves in response to player input feels sorta off. It has kind of a similar feel to H3. The best way I can think of to describe it is that it seems like as you move the thumb sticks faster the amount your reticule moves changes disproportionally. Like it's as if at low levels of thumbstick movement speed the amount of reticule movement that occurs per micrometer or whatever the thumbstick is moved is at one value, while when thumbstick movement is high that value changes, creating an effect where turns and fast movements are exaggerated. Or something like that at least. I'm not sure I can quantify it yet. It's an issue that feels somewhat different from the one H3 had.

I'm sure the pro team has adjusted by now just like people did for H3 but it's not intuitive and makes precision aiming unnecessarily clunky.

Solution to all this is just to provide us with an aim acceleration slider just like murder miners has.

Definitely, first time I played H5 campaign, I was playing H4, and it felt 100x smoother.

• Upvote (+1) 1

343i confused the concept of "weapon balance" with the idea that every weapon has to kill in exactly the same amount of time regardless of how difficult or easy the weapon is to use.

If you need to keep this shit in social or Slayer -- fine. For the love of god, take these bogus ass weapons out of HCS/competitive playlists.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yea, the aiming in this game is trash. I have played every halo game (And been pretty good at everyone one) but the shooting just feels so clunky/heavy i feel like certain battles i have really no control on what my 500 pound pistol is going to do. I think i speak for everyone that if you add party restrictions to match party vs party so randoms arent stuck facing a t04 and fix this aiming issue, that this will be one of the more enjoyable halos we have had.

• Upvote (+1) 3

And even then you are always 1 shot for the next guy to clean up. The skill discrepancy between the pistol and AR should not allow for those weapons to be that equally matched in terms of damage per second.

I thought the AR was going to be OP. But after the past 2 days of playing I think its fine, in a 1v1 battle where I have pistol and the other guy has an AR I've been killed maybe twice. The AR is still inferior compared to the pistol, even at closer ranges imo.

@@Sal1ent This definitely isn't an issue of "honing your shot" due to the lower than usual (in Halo) levels of aim assist. It is an acceleration issue. Experientially, it's given me the feeling of "slow turn" when aiming both horizontally and diagonally. This isn't an issue with my controller; when I play H1 or H2 I don't experience this.

Overall, it isn't game breaking for me, but it absolutely affects my experience of the game. I find myself deliberately positioning myself to get in mid range battles because, even at 4 sens, aiming is like trudging through molasses at closer range.  And I can't just up my sens to 5 or 6 because it compromises my ability to shoot at mid to long range.

What are the chances well never see another real map for Halo 5? Why would 343 make real maps not in forge? They already made all their money at launch. They are spending profit at this point lol. They have no monetary incentive to do anything anymore.

What are the chances well never see another real map for Halo 5? Why would 343 make real maps not in forge? They already made all their money at launch. They are spending profit at this point lol. They have no monetary incentive to do anything anymore.

Just...just shhh.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Let's hold off on this for a bit.