CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Personally I can not understand why they put aim assist on the snipe while no scoping. Nearly impossible to not at least land the body shot from more or less across the map. Its way too easy and if that wasn't enough you can shoot anywhere within a mile of them and it'll connect too.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/x%20J%20L%20e%20W/video/12441597

Here's some magnetism. This is from my theater POV. Normal speed first, then I go back and slow mo it. When I hit that shot in game I told my buddy there was no way it was even close, sure enough I go back to theater and see this.

• Upvote (+1) 3

All the guns sound like dogshit. Seriously why not keep the H2A sniper sound/design. Shit was fantastic. Pistol pew pews are lame and even the splaser sounds ridiculous. The game feels so cartoony with all the little effects.

Biggest complaint: NERF THE FUCKING AR GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY ITS OBNOXIOUS

All the guns sound like dogshit. Seriously why not keep the H2A sniper sound/design. Shit was fantastic. Pistol pew pews are lame and even the splaser sounds ridiculous. The game feels so cartoony with all the little effects.

I can melt people across truth with the AR lol I agree the range needs a nerf.

Halo 5 would be a lot better without the AR. Nothing like using a pistol that's the hardest gun to use in any Halo against a kid holding down a trigger spamming bullets at you.

I can melt people across truth with the AR lol I agree the range needs a nerf.

It's crazy man. And if you play Warzone it's a nightmare. People can kill you if you miss just one shot with your pistol. If the AR were to be merged the game would be a lot more enjoyable.

Halo 5 would be a lot better without the AR. Nothing like using a pistol that's the hardest gun to use in any Halo against a kid holding down a trigger spamming bullets at you.

Exactly. It's a joke. What great balance.

Without having read recent pages, is anyone else having a ton of trouble with sluggish aiming?  I feel like making fine tuned aim adjustments is just ridiculously difficult.  Close range pistol fights feel like my reticle is in quicksand.  None of the other shooters I play have this problem, so I don't think it's my controller, though it is possible.

As of now, that's my only complaint.  Otherwise I'm having a blast, but this aiming is driving me crazy.  Am I alone on this?

• Upvote (+1) 5

Without having read recent pages, is anyone else having a ton of trouble with sluggish aiming?  I feel like making fine tuned aim adjustments is just ridiculously difficult.  Close range pistol fights feel like my reticle is in quicksand.  None of the other shooters I play have this problem, so I don't think it's my controller, though it is possible.

As of now, that's my only complaint.  Otherwise I'm having a blast, but this aiming is driving me crazy.  Am I alone on this?

Yes, same here. From what I heard other people say is that it's about aim acceleration. It would be nice if they changed it or had an option to change it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nope. People were taking about this a few pages back. I have no idea what it is but it feels like I'm fighting my crosshair

• Upvote (+1) 3

I've played like over 20 games and there's pretty much no lag for me.

Exact opposite for me. My shots are not registering and I'm getting hit markers a half a sec late when I hit them too. I'm looking at the ips and it seems to be only on the Virginia dedi server. The chicago and Texas ones are fine. 

Is there anyone out there still holding off from buying the game and waiting to get a used copy? Please don't tell me I'm the only one left!

Yep, I'm leaving it a couple of weeks too, just incase the MCC disease spreads to H5.

Whats the highest Division you can get into after winning 10 placement matches? I won 10 in a row and got Diamond 1. Others than I have seen were placed higher.

I keep reading this posts about this "Aiming" issue and 100% agree, I have to fight the thumb sticks. My biggest issue as of right now.

Also, I would love to see a post from Beyond for a Wish list for the next patch because there are so many things that could be better. O well. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is anyone else having their games not get recorded (ie post game stats aren't available, not earning xp or rp, and not counting towards placement)? I've had three games today where this has happened.

Whoever decided "I want aiming to feel like this in Halo 5!" Needs to be fired immediately. And how the hell has the pro team been playing like this all these months? The aiming system is complete ass and everyone here noticed it within 1 game. This game could be so cool without this aiming system. Even if we get a legendary CE pistol you still have to play with an underwater reticle.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Glad to hear you're enjoying it. What maps do you like? I haven't played one that I've found to be a good map. Maybe it's just the movement speed and thruster. I see more escaped than I do finished kills. 

I also love people camping corners with the scattershot staring at the radar... 

I like all of em actually but the rig is probably my personal favorite. It's so smalllll

It's the most unbalanced multiplayer besides Halo 4.

Having an advantage just by having a better pick up gun than someone is no better than having different abilities in Reach.

How is getting killed by someone with a BR when you have a pistol off spawn fair? The rifles are 100x easier to use than the pistol, more aim assist, more bullet magnetism, and only kill marginally slower.

These maps are atrocious. The more levels of height you have in a map, the bigger the "snowball" effect. You spawn on bottom middle of a city map, you have to climb 5 different levels just to get even with someone that's high. These city maps are one level above construct in terms of fairness and snowball effects.

Maybe the 5-6 years of Halo Reach and Halo 4 are changing your guys' opinions? If Halo 5 came out with these maps and this uneven weapon sandbox right after Halo 2, I think you guys would be shitting on it a lot more.

Utility weapon vs utility weapon, only pick up guns are power weapons. No semi common weapons that beat the utility weapon in terms of being easier to use.

Anything less than that is a step down from Halo 1, 2, and 3 in terms of the meta that Halo used to be.

troll.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Don't down vote this kid you salty H5 haters, he's absolutely right, you don't just sit there and crouch and get angry when you get no scoped. That would happen in any halo game. Throw a strafe or jump in, do anything but sit still lmao

Yes, his play was bad and he got easy blained because of it.

But from what people are saying, it's The 4 levels of easy in which case, fuck right off with it. No scoping was a skill, hell, an art form in Real Halo. As soon as 343incompetence took over, you might as well have a fucking shotgun with limitless range.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Whoever decided "I want aiming to feel like this in Halo 5!" Needs to be fired immediately. And how the hell has the pro team been playing like this all these months? The aiming system is complete ass and everyone here noticed it within 1 game. This game could be so cool without this aiming system. Even if we get a legendary CE pistol you still have to play with an underwater reticle.

The pro team is little more than a publicity stunt, or at least it seems that way.

There was a pro team for Halo 4 and somehow the boltshot got into the final game as a secondary gun that was able to 1 shot kill people at a pretty good range...and that was AFTER Bungie git rid of the weaker mauler as a pickup gun from Halo 3.

No possible way one of the pros didn't point out the huge amount of bullet magnetism on the sniper that is basically curving behind walls or the fact that the pistol is too weak as a starting weapon or the BR is too easy when you can get perfect kills 90% of the time.

Guess they got used to playing H3 8's over the months? lol

Feels like quick sand or underwater would probably be the best analogy.

The pro team is little more than a publicity stunt, or at least it seems that way.

There was a pro team for Halo 4 and somehow the boltshot got into the final game as a secondary gun that was able to 1 shot kill people at a pretty good range...and that was AFTER Bungie git rid of the weaker mauler as a pickup gun from Halo 3.

No possible way one of the pros didn't point out the huge amount of bullet magnetism on the sniper that is basically curving behind walls or the fact that the pistol is too weak as a starting weapon or the BR is too easy when you can get perfect kills 90% of the time.

There was never a pro team for Halo 4. 

If you're talking about Bravo he was there after the game was made

• Upvote (+1) 1

The only thing I want is..

BR/AR Starts

25 Meter Radar

Make the sniper a sniper not a Halo 4 beam riffle v2.  Legit there is no reason to scope in with the sniper rifle if you can just no scope everything with ease.

Those are my only complaints other then that I'm more then satisfied with this game.

• Upvote (+1) 2