CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Why am I playing people that are literally all diamond and I'm unranked? Shouldn't I just be playing other unranked people?

^^^^^

I'm having the reverse issue. It's ridiculous.

Okay so Day 2 of this extreme lag problem on Halo 5.

My connection is perfect, any other game is great. LoL, CS:GO, CoD: AW (on Xbox One) Destiny (Xbox One).

But literally every game of Halo 5, I am skipping, everyone is walking into walls, etc. I cant play the game. Not sure what I am supposed to do at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Do you use a TRRS CTIA adapter in that setup? (Google it)

No I found out the problem, It was windows 10. Had to revert back to 7. Windows 10 has audio problems for me 

The sniper in this game is really starting to piss me off.

xboxdvr.com/Mythik+Nick/3816d508-6f83-48fe-ac3e-5281866a8f7c

Personally I can not understand why they put massive aim assist on the snipe while no scoping. Nearly impossible to not at least land the body shot from more or less across the map. Its way too easy and if that wasn't enough you can shoot anywhere within a mile of them and it'll connect too.

Personally I can not understand why they put massive aim assist on the snipe while no scoping. Nearly impossible to not at least land the body shot from more or less across the map. Its way too easy and if that wasn't enough you can shoot anywhere within a mile of them and it'll connect too.

I have am EXTREME hatred for what theyve done to noscoping. One of the most exciting fun skills in the game is now (since H4) easy as piss, and they even give you a fucking medal for it. Pathetic.

• Upvote (+1) 4

My luck on the req packs isn't very good. I haven't gotten any cool armor or visors or anything yet lol. But I guess I did get a few things. I was playing Warzone just to get req points lol

Okay so Day 2 of this extreme lag problem on Halo 5.

My connection is perfect, any other game is great. LoL, CS:GO, CoD: AW (on Xbox One) Destiny (Xbox One).

But literally every game of Halo 5, I am skipping, everyone is walking into walls, etc. I cant play the game. Not sure what I am supposed to do at this point.

Manually open the ports needed for Xbox Live?

So my current routine is to buy gold packs and sell everything that has to do with Warzone. Making bank yo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So my current routine is to buy gold packs and sell everything that has to do with Warzone. Making bank yo.

Late to the party.

My luck on the req packs isn't very good. I haven't gotten any cool armor or visors or anything yet lol. But I guess I did get a few things. I was playing Warzone just to get req points lol

If you buy a monster energy from Walmart or best buy it comes with a code for a req pack that comes with the monster green visor. Pretty cool actually.

But I'm comparing Halo 1 and 3 on MCC with the Xbox One controller and you can feel the difference... It's not the controller.

And yes, I've seen that blog post before. There's more that goes into controls then just the raw aim acceleration maths - If his study is indeed accurate. I'm going to assume the blog is accurate, however you should also remember that it could be completely wrong as there's nothing to fact check it against.

You also have things like horizontal sens vs vertical sens, input delay and also how many degrees off axis you can turn while still having aim acceleration active. For example, if I aim diagonally or start looking up while turning, etc.

At the end of the day, the controls in Halo 3 suck and the controls in Halo 5 suck. The controls of Halo 3 completely ruined my experience of the game. For me Halo Reach is better than Halo 3 purely because of how awful the controls in Halo 3 are.

I'm certain the controls in the beta felt better. My hatred of Halo 3's controls meant controls were the very first thing I paid close attention to when playing the beta.

FOV is bigger in Halo CE. That makes it harder to compare the two.

FOV is bigger in Halo CE. That makes it harder to compare the two.

It's nothing to do with FoV. The way your aim starts, slows, stops, speeds up, etc, feels weird as hell.

Halo 2 had a shitty FoV as well but the controls feel way tighter.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They need to make the breakout maps bigger if they are gonna try and get the gametype to work. The map is too narrow and small, you can't sneak around and make any sort of big play because you can be seen from anywhere on the map. That's why the flag is pointless since on almost every map you can see the flag easily from almost every where and since it tells you when the flag's taken it's pretty much just committing suicide picking it up. Just my opinion on it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So @@Sal1ent , @@Deez what about DLC maps eventueally beeing forge maps?

I can't wait for that classic weapon and gear update, HCE pistol, classic rockets, HCE armor hope they drop soon! :halo:

Warzone isn't that bad either, I just had to get used to it. It's nothing I could play for hours but it's fun for some matches between arena. Love ripping kids apart with that bayonet BR :walshy:

And did IGN, the same guys that gave H4 a 9.8, really just gave a 9.0 for H5? :grunt:

That is fucking ridiculous...H5 is on a whole diffrent level, I wouldn't give H5 something around 9.0 yet but if you give H4 a 9.8, you can not give H5 something worse...

Ok, so I just tested out co-op to see how it works on dedicated servers. In the first 5 mins I had the level disappear on my screen.

Anyone else witnessed this? Currently uploading a video of it.

So @@Sal1ent , @@Deez what about DLC maps eventueally beeing forge maps?

I can't wait for that classic weapon and gear update, HCE pistol, classic rockets, HCE armor hope they drop soon! :halo:

Warzone isn't that bad either, I just had to get used to it. It's nothing I could play for hours but it's fun for some matches between arena. Love ripping kids apart with that bayonet BR :walshy:

And did IGN, the same guys that gave H4 a 9.8, really just gave a 9.0 for H5? :grunt:

That is fucking ridiculous...H5 is on a whole diffrent level, I wouldn't give H5 something around 9.0 yet but if you give H4 a 9.8, you can not give H5 something worse...

-0.1 for Forge, Limited Playlists, Fileshare, No Legendary weapons, Lack of Maps, Lack of Master Chief Missions, High Bullet Magnetism, and because of a year of MCC.

They need to make the breakout maps bigger if they are gonna try and get the gametype to work. The map is too narrow and small, you can't sneak around and make any sort of big play because you can be seen from anywhere on the map. That's why the flag is pointless since on almost every map you can see the flag easily from almost every where and since it tells you when the flag's taken it's pretty much just committing suicide picking it up. Just my opinion on it.

Was thinking the same thing, the flag rarely ever becomes a part of the meta because if anyone pushes for it you can be seen from every single angle on the map...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lol. So you crouched and didn't move right in front of the guy with snipe. All I saw was a terribad play by you. No strafe no jump.

Don't down vote this kid you salty H5 haters, he's absolutely right, you don't just sit there and crouch and get angry when you get no scoped. That would happen in any halo game. Throw a strafe or jump in, do anything but sit still lmao

Ok, so I just tested out co-op to see how it works on dedicated servers. In the first 5 mins I had the level disappear on my screen.

Anyone else witnessed this? Currently uploading a video of it.

I got kicked out of Solo legendary because it couldn't connect to game server. Couldn't restart a checkpoint either. Was thrilled.