CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

This game is so good, far better than Reach and 4.  It's great having a competitive game out of the box.  JUST NEED MORE ARENA MAPS!

Wish we could see population data, it's currently the most played XBL game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This game is so good, far better than Reach and 4.  It's great having a competitive game out of the box.  JUST NEED MORE ARENA MAPS!

What's destiny's population? We could base is off that.

This game is so good, far better than Reach and 4. It's great having a competitive game out of the box. JUST NEED MORE ARENA MAPS!

You should hop on destiny or cod AW, it will give you some ideas what it's at least over their number. (Example destiny has 300,000 players, we will know H5 has over 300,000).

Sooooo

Now that i've played the game...

The pistol is too weak to be a viable spawn weapon.

I have a higher hit % with the pistol than I do with the BR and the DMR and yet I still run to a BR/DMR spawn pretty much every time I spawn because they are simply way more viable than the pistol is.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You should hop on destiny or cod AW, it will give you some ideas what it's at least over their number. (Example destiny has 300,000 players, we will know H5 has over 300,000).

I own 2 games.  MCC and Halo 5 haha

• Upvote (+1) 3

Am I the only one who feels like FFA feels like an absolute clusterfuck on certain maps?  I made it to champion 190 something before I got off, it seems like no one is playing FFA because I only had around 20 games to reach champion...honestly don't blame them, you become an AR warrior in FFA.

Anyways

This game is quite good. Much better than Reach and H4.

My only real problem with the game is the lack of social playlists. I get bored of trying pretty fast and warzone just doesn't cut it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So I'm doing placements for FFA, why am I matched with 2 people in champions and 2 in onyx? 

8dfc27b7ec.jpg

Placement Matches are progressive, therefore if you beat Bronze-Diamond people in your first 9 games, it will keep matching you with harder and harder players to see how you fair and who you can beat.

Am I the only one who feels like FFA feels like an absolute clusterfuck on certain maps?  I made it to champion 190 something before I got off, it seems like no one is playing FFA because I only had around 20 games to reach champion...honestly don't blame them, you become an AR warrior in FFA.

Just finished placements and was about to comment on the same thing. 9/10 of my games the top 3 players were running around with ARs and meleeing for kills lol. The only map I hated for FFA was Orion. But that's my least favorite map in the game so...

Placement Matches are progressive, therefore if you beat Bronze-Diamond people in your first 9 games, it will keep matching you with harder and harder players to see how you fair and who you can beat.

Yeah but you can't lose your rank right? I'd rather get placed in bronze-gold and work my way up. Without the possibility of losing rank, placing so high for an initial placement seems like it's cheating the system. Also, I now have nothing to do in the FFA list since I typically won't have this much free time to play, so there's no way I'd reach champion. :P

Takeaways of the night (OPINIONS)

- FFA is a clusterfuck (needs to be lowered to 6 players)

- Arena forge maps SUCK

- 343 arena maps all look the same. TO MUCH GREY

- Aiming is just weird. Feels like im fighting my controller.

- Spawns are wack. Especially in FFA.

- Just me or is there a severe lack of power positions?

- Only decent map is Colosseum. Everything else has way to much clutter.

ASKING FOR TIPS: With flag dropping, I usually press RT (shoot) button to drop the flag. Now since we still have the pistol, I'm having a hard time finding a good button that will help me drop it with smooth movement. So which button do you guys recommend pressing to drop the flag?

Yeah but you can't lose your rank right? I'd rather get placed in bronze-gold and work my way up.

That's not the way the ranking system works... 

Anyone else not getting their rankings?

I've played several SWAT games now on my 9th placement game (I just want the rank, shut up) and I STILL haven't been placed in my division.

• Upvote (+1) 1

"Aim acceleration" is in every single Halo game, including Halo 1.

http://drstrangevolt.blogspot.com/2012/12/aim-acceleration-in-console-shooters-part2.html

Yes, but they all work differently. Some kick in very fast, others kick in after a longer delay, some have a high max turn speed, etc, etc.

The aim acceleration in Halo 1 was very gentle. It had a high max speed (You can test by just looking level and spinning around in circles and it took longer to kick in.

In Halo 5 it feels like the aim acceleration kicks is far too quickly and the curve is far too steep.

It's hard to know exactly what's causing the sluggish aim without looking at the code or seeing the actual maths, but based on my test between Halo 1 and Halo 5 the aim acceleration is really really crappy. There also seems to be a slight input delay compared to H1 as well which makes it even worse.

• Upvote (+1) 3

ASKING FOR TIPS: With flag dropping, I usually press RT (shoot) button to drop the flag. Now since we still have the pistol, I'm having a hard time finding a good button that will help me drop it with smooth movement. So which button do you guys recommend pressing to drop the flag?

I've been hitting "y" and it's been the best for me. Tried "Lt", but it only works if you have nades, and you end up nading yourself/teammates lol
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Just finished placements and was about to comment on the same thing. 9/10 of my games the top 3 players were running around with ARs and meleeing for kills lol. The only map I hated for FFA was Orion. But that's my least favorite map in the game so...

Orion plays awful for FFA, if you don't spawn near a ramp to get up top, you're going to get picked off instantly against onyx/champion players. And don't even get me started on that spawn in the back left corner of the map by the trees....I just put my controller down at that point and accept I'm going to die if I get that spawn.

It needs to be dropped to 6 man.