CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

YES. I have TW 50/15 and it is awful for me. Some games are fine, some are just miserable. I warp all over the map, and the game will freeze for 10-15 seconds at a time. Between 30-50% of my games.

Yup, same situation here. I'm not sure who needs to fix what but its been terrible.

Aiming just doesn't feel fluid. halo ce is so smooth. Halo 2 is also really good. this... this is some wonky shit. i do feel like i am fighting the joystick

• Upvote (+1) 6

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/5443-halo-5-guardians-discussion/page-1293?do=findComment&comment=501444

wow I was joking when I mentioned forged dlc :/

Not having a file share suddenly makes sense now.

Realization_zpsea2394e9.gif

Why can't I hear people through my speakers?

There's no voice to speakers option on xbox one, it's been upvoted here: https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/251648-friends-parties-profile-activity-feed/suggestions/6028675-the-ability-to-set-voice-through-speakers-or-heads

there are some workarounds where you take out your voice adapter/headset and use kinect as a mic however

Is there anyone out there still holding off from buying the game and waiting to get a used copy? Please don't tell me I'm the only one left!

Yes :/ 

• Upvote (+1) 1

You can't get used to it. This isn't a mouse where you can make fine movements or flick your mouse.

This is a joystick. If an enemy is 90° to your right shooting at you, you must push the joystick full lock right in order to snap your aim to them. During this turn aim acceleration kicks in.

Since the aim acceleration in Halo 5 is so fast and sudden you're fighting against the controller so you don't overshoot your target. BTW. It makes the game feel clunky unlike Halo 1 that had a nice fluid feel to the aiming system.

You can't "get used" to playing with this sort of aim acceleration any more than you can "get used" to playing with your hand cut off. Sure, some people will still play well, but that's in SPITE of the aim acceleration, not thanks to it.

well that's what I mean, aim acceleration isnt allowing me to be better, but even if it's there I can still be good at aiming despite it, is that not getting used to it? It might be a bitch but it's not impossible to work with.

Since servers aren't working for me I was watching some clips I recorded and realized when I got my snipultanious I also TK'd a teammate.  They should make a new medal for that.  Just need to work on my 360 no scopes now

Ok, this site needs to fucking cool it with mobile apps, it's so god damn annoying to be typing and get sent to the fucking App Store all of a sudden.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ok, this site needs to fucking cool it with mobile apps, it's so god damn annoying to be typing and get sent to the fucking App Store all of a sudden.

Switching ads out soon, apologizes.

well that's what I mean, aim acceleration isnt allowing me to be better, but even if it's there I can still be good at aiming despite it, is that not getting used to it? It might be a bitch but it's not impossible to work with.

It feels unnatural. The game should feel like a natural extension of myself. In Halo 1 I can not touch the game in months, even a whole year and when I come back to it I have no issues.

Halo 2, same thing. With Halo 3 I just want to smash my control. Halo 5 gives me this same feeling.

I'm still doing pretty well in most games, but I feel like I could be doing better if the controls were more responsive.

I don't know exactly what it is. Whether it's the aim acceleration, input lag or other factors or a combination of all of them.

I've recorded some footage trying to demonstrate it but it's more of a FEELING rather than something you can visually see.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I actually like Warzone Assault. Regular warzone is a pain though, you could literally do 99.9% of the damage to a boss and a kid could come flying in on a gungoose and get all the credit.

It feels unnatural. The game should feel like a natural extension of myself. In Halo 1 I can not touch the game in months, even a whole year and when I come back to it I have no issues.

Halo 2, same thing. With Halo 3 I just want to smash my control. Halo 5 gives me this same feeling.

I'm still doing pretty well in most games, but I feel like I could be doing better if the controls were more responsive.

I don't know exactly what it is. Whether it's the aim acceleration, input lag or other factors or a combination of all of them.

I've recorded some footage trying to demonstrate it but it's more of a FEELING rather than something you can visually see.

I mean, I get it's not an ideal aiming style, im just saying it doesn't bother my all that much.

My time with the game so far has been more frustrating than fun, even when playing Warzone. Not too sure I'll be playing this game for any long period of time. The aiming just feels so bad, and no, not the lack of auto-aim. Also, if competitive settings don't see a huge change, which they won't, I don't think Halo 5 as an eSports title will last either. 

Hope I'm wrong though. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Holy shit the explosive round saw is too good

When I read the description of this weapon I knew 343 had perfected the most casual weapon possible. (rounds explode on PROXIMITY, c'mon now)

A fully automatic weapon that doesn't even need to be aimed correctly. Who needs thumbs when you've got an explosive round SAW.

I actually like Warzone Assault. Regular warzone is a pain though, you could literally do 99.9% of the damage to a boss and a kid could come flying in on a gungoose and get all the credit.

warzone assault is better because it's far more organized, I would like a variant of assault with ai if that's possible.

When I read the description of this weapon I knew 343 had perfected the most casual weapon possible. (rounds explode on PROXIMITY, c'mon now)

A fully automatic weapon that doesn't even need to be aimed correctly. Who needs thumbs when you've got an explosive round SAW.

I can't complain

Warzone is literally the worst.

Why? It accomplishes what it's meant to be.

It's gonna be dead in no time.

I prefer Arena as well, but have you been living under a rock since 2004? BTB-like play is extremely popular. Warzone isn't going anywhere.

• Upvote (+1) 4

My time with the game so far has been more frustrating than fun, even when playing Warzone. Not too sure I'll be playing this game for any long period of time. The aiming just feels so bad, and no, not the lack of auto-aim. Also, if competitive settings don't see a huge change, which they won't, I don't think Halo 5 as an eSports title will last either. 

Hope I'm wrong though. 

I think you're very wrong. The setting could use tweaking and 343 needs to do a bit of changes to the aiming structure, but other than that this game is great both competitively and casually. I love it 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So you don't like the way the game makes you aim? Its almost as if how the game feels as well as how sluggish it comes off can actually be a detriment to the game, even if it affects everyone equally.

Now about that frame rate...

"A group of community Cartographers are invited to the Studio to give feedback on the new Forge tool set and to build re-imagined Big Team Battle maps for a future Halo 5: Guardians DLC release."

Are you kidding me?

BRAVO 343

R

A

V

O

I feel what you all mean about the aim acceleration. I had to turn my sensitivity to a whopping 9 (I've always been at 4 sens) because of how clunky it would feel to turn and shoot someone. Aiming feels great when you engage someone in front of you, but when turning 90° to challenge someone.. it just feels awkward. Hard to explain.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Glad to know I'm not crazy. The aiming feels like H3 with actual hitscan. It's awesome at some times and frustrating at others. Just watching Ogre2 play it's apparent how inconsistent and bad it is. Maybe we'll see people get used to it but, I feel like I need to put my sensitivity to 2 for long range pistol kills and 5 for actually playing the game.