CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

This. No more hand holding...aim your sticks properly. I bet for a lot of ppl it's like going from playing default FIFA (with the ping pong easy passing where aiming doesnt mean much) to turning the passing/shooting settings to Manual (where you aim is where the ball goes every time).

One of the best things 343 has done with the franchise.

Anyway...with a full day for some and more days for others...what is everyone's full impressions of the multiplayer? I havent touched it...only played campaign so far and the NBA started tonight so i'm busy...

No too both of you, aim assist isn't the problem. The aiming sensitivity just feels slow, an 5 sens in H3 MCC is like an 8 in H5. 

What's the problem people have with the aiming?

Feels really good to me.

For me, it has nothing to do with aim assist, sticky, magnetism(Well, I do have a problem with this because there is to much on the sniper), etc. It's the change in acceleration from what I'm used to. I want to turn my sensitivity up so that I can turn around quicker, but that makes it too high for my preference in regular gunfights.

Game looks fun, but the maps are killing me. They all look the same, just like Reach!

I was debating buying the gane, everyone says it feels nice and the UI and the music and the ranks but the maps are such an eye sore. They looks like that could be DLC for Reach.

We're not complaining about aim assist or auto aim idiot, we're complaining about the fact that it feels like Halo 3's horrible laggy, floaty aiming with ridiculous amounts aim acceleration.

You can't "get used to it" or "get better at it".

hmmm

We're not complaining about aim assist or auto aim idiot, we're complaining about the fact that it feels like Halo 3's horrible laggy, floaty aiming with ridiculous amounts aim acceleration.

You can't "get used to it" or "get better at it".

I disagree with that last part.

They just straight up never gave it to us lol.

343's probably thinking to themselves "well there are pros streaming, so there is your pro gameplay".

• Upvote (+1) 1

I disagree with that last part.

You can't get used to it. This isn't a mouse where you can make fine movements or flick your mouse.

This is a joystick. If an enemy is 90° to your right shooting at you, you must push the joystick full lock right in order to snap your aim to them. During this turn aim acceleration kicks in.

Since the aim acceleration in Halo 5 is so fast and sudden you're fighting against the controller so you don't overshoot your target. BTW. It makes the game feel clunky unlike Halo 1 that had a nice fluid feel to the aiming system.

You can't "get used" to playing with this sort of aim acceleration any more than you can "get used" to playing with your hand cut off. Sure, some people will still play well, but that's in SPITE of the aim acceleration, not thanks to it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Looks like servers are taking a beating.  Same kind of stuff happening like MCC just not as bad.  I join one playlist and it puts me in a game type that's totally different.  Ranks not showing.  REQ's not working. 

The light rifle is my favourite weapon in the game. Visuals, audio and satisfaction of using it is fantastic. 

I don't mind the smartlink on any of the guns except the pistol and the BR. The gun obscures far too much and it makes being at a height advantage a disadvanage sometimes due to the enemy being obscured by the gun. Really frustrating. 

Question: Does coming in 3rd place still count as a win in FFA? I've been playing my qualifying matches and am curious if coming in third effects that. It says defeat for everything but 1st place. 

343's probably thinking to themselves "well there are pros streaming, so there is your pro gameplay".

Yeah that's pretty much the gist of it.

343 can be frustrating like that.

Question: Does coming in 3rd place still count as a win in FFA? I've been playing my qualifying matches and am curious if coming in third effects that. It says defeat for everything but 1st place. 

My CSR has been going up from 4th place upward so far.