CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Yo uh...is there a way to view rank progress in between matches like in the beta?  Or do you just kind of hang out until your number goes up and never see the progress

The only problem with the ranking system is that you can't go down a division. I know that terrible Platinum players will get matched against Golds and Silvers, but they shouldn't be given the satisfaction of being in Plat.

Getting placed in Plat or Diamond when you go 5-5 is fine. You could be losing to Diamond/Onyx teams and beating Gold/Silver teams. I see nothing wrong with that

• Upvote (+1) 2

I find it odd that this game is getting pretty average reviews, and meanwhile I'm having the most fun playing a Halo game since Halo 3.

Its because the game is designed for us. The core of Halo. The ones that made it great.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yo uh...is there a way to view rank progress in between matches like in the beta? Or do you just kind of hang out until your number goes up and never see the progress

CSR progress is on your service record on Waypoint. Just like H2. Wish it was in game but it's nbd just leave a tab open and refresh after each game. It updates pretty much right when Jeff says "game over."

I'll take 60fps over split-screen but if Black Ops 3 can do both then I don't really know what 343's excuse is

Actually BLOPS 3 doesn't have splitscreen. If you look at the fine print it is online four player co-op. 

Actually BLOPS 3 doesn't have splitscreen. If you look at the fine print it is online four player co-op. 

Nope. Blops 3 does have splitscreen, 2 players for Campaign, 4 for zombie and 4 for multiplayer. Offline - One console - Splitscreen.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was initially just going to make the point that I agree with the sacrifice of split-screen for consistent 60fps with my first post, but then I was curious to see if CoD still supported both so I actually looked it up before posting.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2015/10/22/why-call-of-duty-black-ops-3-kept-its-split-screen-multiplayer/

Seems like its still there. And for what its worth I absolutely adore the theme they went with for zombies

Nope. Blops 3 does have splitscreen, 2 players for Campaign, 4 for zombie and 4 for multiplayer. Offline - One console - Splitscreen.

Huh weird. I was watching the first gameplay trailer and it said "Four player online co-op"

343 really dropped the ball on this ranking system. I just got placed in Onyx in FFA after my 10 games, and I was playing like absolute shit. I can only imagine what rank bad players are actually being placed in. Diamond? Plat? Jeez.

http://halotracker.com/h5/games/ZeusIsGodly%20gg

edit: loving the game right now just to be clear, but the ranking system sucks.

You "won" 7 of your 10.

Top 3 is usually considered a win for FFA (at least a partial win.)

And if only bottom 3 are considered a loss then you had a "draw" on your other 3 games.

Combine that with the fact that WHO YOU PLAY AGAINST matters - I would say it's working correctly. You likely got paired against very good players after you went 2.0k/d first match. Then you proved you could hang by not placing low.

Huh weird. I was watching the first gameplay trailer and it said "Four player online co-op"

Thats because online co-op actually is more of a selling point these days, although some people refuse to accept that fact. Good on Treyarch for going the extra mile though

Been having some very unbalanced games.  Some people just can't keep up and it's really ruining the intensity.  

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is there anyone out there still holding off from buying the game and waiting to get a used copy? Please don't tell me I'm the only one left!

I'm waiting until it drops below $40 ... I still have to finish Witcher 3 lol

CSR progress is on your service record on Waypoint. Just like H2. Wish it was in game but it's nbd just leave a tab open and refresh after each game. It updates pretty much right when Jeff says "game over."

thanks. sis this on the halo channel app at all or

i ask cause i can't get my phone to open it lol

I find it odd that this game is getting pretty average reviews, and meanwhile I'm having the most fun playing a Halo game since Halo 3.

casuals want (1) awesome campaign, (2) split screen, and (3) SMG/AR starts ... H5 is not going well for them

Yeah, I hope they tighten the restriction on party size matchmaking. I understand that they don't want people sitting in a lobby for 10 minutes trying to find a match, but it really sucks to be searching solo and get matched vs teams. Maybe a mercenary type playlist would help.

I'll take 60fps over split-screen but if Black Ops 3 can do both then I don't really know what 343's excuse is

they cited other things than framerate.

It's the campaign that's doing that. Not saying it's bad, it's just not 10/10 Halo 1 & 2 worthy.

casuals want (1) awesome campaign, (2) split screen, and (3) SMG/AR starts ... H5 is not going well for them

Hey. I am of the company that I believe the campaign was pretty damn sweet. Then again I also kinda like cliff hangers so maybe my opinion doesn't matter. Probably doesn't.

I also never cared for the Master Chief so there is that as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

they cited other things than framerate.

Yea I don't doubt it, just curious as to what it would be. I ain't no programmer though