CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Can anyone confirm whether Eden, Truth and Empire are in Team Slayer?  Haven't played any of them.

Makes no sense to leave them out.

Alright, so we can all agree on the fact that the Sniper Rifle is absurd in Arena, and needs nerfed?

It needs SO MUCH bullet mag taken away. It should get a ROF buff to accommodate this, and then have a faster static spawn time.

Noticed this too smh

Especially since I'm hot off of coming 2 weeks straight of no AA/BM sniper and DMR in Halo Online

I haven't played halo in so long. Been playing a lot of Destiny and my controls are so off right now. After 10k plus games of Halo in my life I'm thinking to myself before I'm sprinting because I keep crouching lol.

I realized that I never had a honeymoon period for Halo: Reach and Halo 4; in fact I had the opposite. I smashed through the campaigns 4-player co-op with my friends, enjoyed it, got the story down. 

But multiplayer, I hated both of them. Reach I went to Halo 3 after the first week. I could not handle the changes, I was extremely salty. It wasn't until about a month after release that I actually found a liking for it. Now I like Reach more than Halo 3 despite the poor maps. Halo 4, we played all day stomping kids in Big Team Battle but after that day we stopped playing it. Only came back after the weapon patch and Action Sack which I really liked. 

Halo 5, I don't hate it off the bat. I haven't felt that since Halo 3's release. I'm really interested to see how I feel, and how this community feels. a week after release.

I realized that I never had a honeymoon period for Halo: Reach and Halo 4; in fact I had the opposite. I smashed through the campaigns 4-player co-op with my friends, enjoyed it, got the story down. 

But multiplayer, I hated both of them. Reach I went to Halo 3 after the first week. I could not handle the changes, I was extremely salty. It wasn't until about a month after release that I actually found a liking for it. Now I like Reach more than Halo 3 despite the poor maps. Halo 4, we played all day stomping kids in Big Team Battle but after that day we stopped playing it. Only came back after the weapon patch and Action Sack which I really liked. 

Halo 5, I don't hate it off the bat. I haven't felt that since Halo 3's release. I'm really interested to see how I feel, and how this community feels. a week after release.

A month or two is usually a better indicator of the communities feelings as a whole, but I am also interested to see opinions after some time.

Boltshot is so good. If you haven't used it yet I suggest you do.

Is saucey going to need to make another vid?

I've noticed that a lot of the close range power weapons (Shotgun, scattershot, etc.) don't shoot on my first press when I pick them up which is annoying. There seems to be a delay to shoot with them upon switching that is similar to the delay between shots. It may be intentional, but it causes me to spam the trigger. 

I think this only happens in Warzone

Ive only played Arena so far and it has happened far to much. Its really jarring. 

Is there anyone out there still holding off from buying the game and waiting to get a used copy? Please don't tell me I'm the only one left!

• Upvote (+1) 8

Understandably. A big part of my Halo experience, growing up, was split screening with my neighbour and friends. I probably wouldn't have the love for the game, that I do, without it.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Understandably. A big part of my Halo experience, growing up, was split screening with my neighbour and friends. I probably wouldn't have the love for the game, that I do, without it.

Agreed. I remember spending 5 years straight splitscreening Battlefront 2 nearly every weekend. Multiplayer to me use to mean "how many friends can play on one console" not online. Big part of Halo and how I got into it as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I find it odd that this game is getting pretty average reviews, and meanwhile I'm having the most fun playing a Halo game since Halo 3.

• Upvote (+1) 6

343 were pretty sneaky regarding no split screen for the people that do not regularly visit halo forums or the 343 website (the majority).  Especially since they emphasised co-op play.

All I played before I got xbl was four man h1/h2 split screen. I'm with you, without split screen I most likely wouldn't have played Halo all these years.

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 really dropped the ball on this ranking system. I just got placed in Onyx in FFA after my 10 games, and I was playing like absolute shit. I can only imagine what rank bad players are actually being placed in. Diamond? Plat? Jeez.

http://halotracker.com/h5/games/ZeusIsGodly%20gg

edit: loving the game right now just to be clear, but the ranking system sucks.

I played like utter horseshit in slayer and got Platinum lol. I think I went 5-5. 5-5 should put me in high bronze/low silver, highest INITIAL placement shouldn't be higher than gold imo, and once they reset ranks/season ends thing, then you can get placed into a higher division (like onyx) since you've already been there.

343 really dropped the ball on this ranking system. I just got placed in Onyx in FFA after my 10 games, and I was playing like absolute shit. I can only imagine what rank bad players are actually being placed in. Diamond? Plat? Jeez.

http://halotracker.com/h5/games/ZeusIsGodly%20gg

edit: loving the game right now just to be clear, but the ranking system sucks.

like many have said, its going to take time for this shit to sort itself out. If it still seems broken after a week or 2 then we can be concerned but til then we just have to wait and see.

I've enjoyed Warzone but Arena isn't my thing anymore with sprint and thruster packs.