CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I'm not really getting raped by ar users all that much, pistol is fun to use and all, but the fucking br is a complete cunt.

I'm not really getting raped by ar users all that much, pistol is fun to use and all, but the fucking br is a complete cunt.

Play FFA

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not really, you far from play the highest rank. You play rather other unranked, the lowest rank group or second lowest rank group.

This.  I don't know why being in Onyx, which I'm sure is the highest besides Champion which is only the top 200 people of onyx, I'm getting matched with people playing placement matches.  If they don't have enough people to place me with where I won't lag a ton, that's fine, tell me that, don't place me with people going AFK and just sucking and then make me take a hit for it.  GG Bungie.

• Downvote (-1) 1

I don't mind the remixes, but I would like to see some new stuff, even if that new stuff is reimagined old stuff with the new abilities in mind.

I think that would be cool to see. They could do some interesting stuff but I fear for the treatment of certain maps. Look how midship turned out? It looks completely different so I'd imagine some maps would be tweaked beyond recognition.

I'm interested in what they could accomplish with other maps though. Imagine climbing up levels in Boarding Action? I think that would play really well.

I think that would be cool to see. They could do some interesting stuff but I fear for the treatment of certain maps. Look how midship turned out? It looks completely different so I'd imagine some maps would be tweaked beyond recognition.

I'm interested in what they could accomplish with other maps though. Imagine climbing up levels in Boarding Action? I think that would play really well.

I still think damnation would work really well possibly.

Early reactions to the game:

- Campaign was alright. The combat was great and the scale was nice.
- Aiming isn't good.
- The pistol is incredibly satisfying, but still needs a boost in long range effectiveness.
- The sandbox is very balanced, lots and lots of weapons being picked up.
- Flag works amazingly well.
- The UI looks good, is quick, and is comfortable after a little bit of time with it.
- REQ's are fun.
- Warzone is much better than I was expecting.
- Ranking system certainly works.
- AR is stronger than I thought it would be, not a good thing.
- Love the new powerup system.
- Strongholds is a better gametype than I gave it credit for.

• Upvote (+1) 1

And this is why I do not order games online if I want to play them on launch day. I at least have control when I can play the game when buying them physically and even digitally since there's now pre-loading. I have zero control if Amazon messes up, fuck that. Relying on online orders for specific day delivery is not worth the risk if I can get it another way in less than an hour.

Well, with my other orders, they had always arrived in the afternoon, so that when I got off work, it was already waiting on my doorstep. I haven't ordered a new release game from Amazon, ever...so this is a brand new experience to me. But hell, when Halo 4 came out, I went to walmart before going to work, woke up extra early to go get it, came home, installed, played a few games, then went to work for the day. My guy was telling me to do that again this time...but I figured, I didn't wanna wake up super early to do that today, I'd just get it through Amazon and when I got home, it would be on my doorstep. Nope. It's 6:49 PM CST...hour and 10 minutes till UPS is late.

Is Halo 5 worth the $60?

This is 100% subjective. I can, however, tell you what I enjoy/dislike about Halo 5 to help you make your decision. Maybe others can chime in.

Warzone

I have NEVER liked BTB-style halo at all, but Warzone Assault is really a blast to play. The base Warzone game isn't my cup of tea personally though. The base game type takes ~20-30 minutes to play it out, and it's a mix of AI and PVP. What I don't like is having control of an AI enemy, and a human enemy sneaks in the last shot to kill them and gets the points for all the effort your team has put in. To me, this is BS. My solution is to not play the game type anymore lol. Warzone Assault is like Rush (i think thats the gamemode) from Battlefield. You either are on the defending or attacking team, and you defend/capture the enemies' bases 1 at a time until you get to their "core" and then work together to breech their base and destroy it. Fast paced and chaotic. Although not your typical 4v4 Halo, I am enjoying this mode.

Arena

This is how I prefer my Halo. The BR and sniper, imo, are too easy to use. The pistol feels nice, but in relation to the BR it feels like its not worth it to master the pistol when you can accomplish the same with less effort when using the BR. Other than that, I am really enjoying the shooting mechanics and gunplay of Halo 5. Strafing is essential despite what some might say. Weapon timers, although possibly controversial with the hardcore competitive players, make casual games more competitive by nature, as everyone knows when and where they spawn, and I think its a nice addition to the game. What's the difference between having them in game vs just using a phone app to time when weapons spawn? That's how I look at it.

The maps are also very controversial because some have "variants" or whatever they call them, that takes the same elements and dimensions of one map and tweaks them. It makes the maps play differently, but some people think that doesn't matter and since it's technically using environments from another map they are the same and should only count as a single map. Also, I guess some DLC maps (or all, idk) are going to be made in forge. So there was a bit of misdirection there when telling everyone about free DLC maps. As far as actual map content, I think they got Truth, Fathom, and Coliseum down great. They all play amazing. The others idk the names to, but they are just OK. They play fairly well with the new abilities and direction of Halo, but they don't necessarily feel Halo, if that makes sense. 

Lastly, breakout. This game mode definitely doesn't have a traditional Halo feel, but that doesn't mean it isn't fun. Just like I don't think BTB-style halo is traditional Halo, others love how it plays and love using vehicles, breakout is kind of the same boat, but opposite. Only one life, no shields, faster TTK. It really reminds me of SnD from CoD. I have some ideas as to how the game mode could be made much better (pretty much copy CSGO elements but that's neither here nor there), but as is the games make more some fast paced games that can have some very exciting finishes. Especially when it's 1v3 and you clutch the round win for your team, or watch someone else do it.

Overall, Halo 5 is MUCH more enjoyable than Halo 4 ever was. The game settings, equal starts, and feel of the game is far superior. What it lacks right now is game modes (no oddball, no KoTH, etc), maps are hit or miss so a few more solid maps like the aforementioned Truth/Coliseum/Fathom would go a long way, and a bit more weapon balance tweaks and I think we'd have ourselves an excellent "next gen" Halo. Not traditional, but still a fun shooter that plays different than others out nowadays.

This.  I don't know why being in Onyx, which I'm sure is the highest besides Champion which is only the top 200 people of onyx, I'm getting matched with people playing placement matches.  If they don't have enough people to place me with where I won't lag a ton, that's fine, tell me that, don't place me with people going AFK and just sucking and then make me take a hit for it.  GG Bungie.

I feel there are a few too many ranks, does each group really need six?

Initial gripes:

-(Small pet peeve) the warzone pack in the far left of the req store should be moved, I always accidentally click it and get stuck for a few seconds while it boots up the microsoft store.

-Emblems should not have been locked, or at least the mainstays (I miss my Skull King).

-Arena needs a few more playlists! (Snipes, Doubles) Every list besides FFA is 4v4, where is the diversity?

-I'm really missing bomb/ball, koth I can live without with strongholds replacing it.

- Why can't I see who on my friends list is in a fireteam together?!? this should be a core feature!!

-I really miss the ability to vote/veto..I played 4 straight games of Truth CTF today and I played the rig 15 times last night which is a subpar map IMO while only getting coliseum (my favorite) once.

Overall though I'm having a good time.

Also, is there a way to view you're medals post game?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've been lagging a lot as of late. Is it the dedicated servers messing up or is it because I have the preview dashboard. It is unplayable.

Not really, you far from play the highest rank. You play rather other unranked, the lowest rank group or second lowest rank group.

I am a LEM on CSGO i know how it works

The bolded part is what I'm interested. I think I max'd my sens because I disliked how slow the gradual shift felt before. It was nearly impossible to for me to turn on players on low and medium sens.

There's a few issues with it. I'm leaving for China for 10 days tomorrow so unfortunately I won't be able to make a video going in depth for about 2 weeks.

I remember thinking the beta felt really smooth and now I'm playing the full game it feels clunky and I swear there's some input delay there.

I am a LEM on CSGO i know how it works

That's like saying I'm a 50 on h3 so I know how to shoot a gun.

What you said was wrong so rather you don't know how it works or you meant to put the incorrect thing?