CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

"A group of community Cartographers are invited to the Studio to give feedback on the new Forge tool set and to build re-imagined Big Team Battle maps for a future Halo 5: Guardians DLC release."

Are you kidding me?

I really hope they do not consider forge maps "DLC".

Well im not ordering another video game for overnight shipping from Amazon again. This is ridiculous.

I get off work at 430PM CST. I get home at 5PM CST. Game has still not been delivered. Last text msg was from UPS at 5AM CST saying it's out for delivery...and will be delivered by 8PM CST. What in the hell is the point of overnight shipping if it doesn't get here till the freaking night of the next day?

I could have gone to walmart and got a copy and have it installed and playing by now.

FML.

And this is why I do not order games online if I want to play them on launch day. I at least have control when I can play the game when buying them physically and even digitally since there's now pre-loading. I have zero control if Amazon messes up, fuck that. Relying on online orders for specific day delivery is not worth the risk if I can get it another way in less than an hour.

Source?

And do you guys think the H1 pistol remake will be like the original with bullets that inherit player momentum? or will it just be a more powerful magnum with a different skin?

The video shows a revamp of The Rig that they are considering.

So, uh, what's the deal with the Legendary Pistol? Can it be used in customs? Is it 4 or 3 shot kill?

Haven't heard anything, so I'm assuming it's bullshit.

They said it was "exactly as you remember it". So I would assume so. However that is exactly what we heard about H2A so take those words with a grain of salt.

I'm really worried about the accounts I'm hearing of "aim acceleration" (or whatever the hell it actually is) being inserted into this game.

That's a huge problem for me. It's the #1 reason I hate Halo 3, by far.

It's really shit. REALLY shit. I don't know how I can mathematically explain it or demonstrate it, but the acceleration rate is really high, as in, you're turning and then it VERY QUICKLY changes speed to max speed.

Imagine you're in 2nd gear in a turbo, crawling along and then you floor it.

• Upvote (+1) 4

It exists, it's just not in at the moment

Lol they almost seem like they are trying to coin the word sprint for a two week software dev cycle.  A sprint is a very well known nomenclature in agile software development methodology.  

They said "What we like to call, Sprints".   

• Upvote (+1) 3

So I'm not the only one?

I hate it. I swear it felt tighter in the beta.

It was.  The whole game IMO felt much better in beta.  Movement and everything was more. . . idk. . . fluid? Looks like they took all that and applied some sluggish ass filter on it.  Thought it might just be me since I'm far from any dedi server but I guess not. 

BTW I said the game felt worse than beta last night about an hour after release and got neg bombed cuz bad kids didn't have mp yet.

I think you guys are taking this out of context. I think when we get Forge, which is DLC, these BTB maps will be pre-built with it. Not the Free DLC in house maps

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's really shit. REALLY shit. I don't know how I can mathematically explain it or demonstrate it, but the acceleration rate is really high, as in, you're turning and then it VERY QUICKLY changes speed to max speed.

Imagine you're in 2nd gear in a turbo, crawling along and then you floor it.

I'd love to see if it if you do find some way to demonstrate this. Apparently it was the same in OG H2/H3 as it was on MCC but I had HATED the level of aim acceleration (still don't know if people agreed on that term) in it on MCC.

I'd love to see if it if you do find some way to demonstrate this. Apparently it was the same in OG H2/H3 as it was on MCC but I had HATED the level of aim acceleration (still don't know if people agreed on that term) in it on MCC.

Nearly every console game has some form of aim acceleration.

It's a requirement for gaming on a joystick really.

And aim acceleration IS the correct term. You will see the option in pretty much every PC shooter in existence.

Even Halo 1 has aim acceleration.

Easiest way to test it is to find an area, look straight up and spin in a circle.

The elevators on AOTCR/Two Betrayals are a good area to test in Halo 1 since the elevator is a circle and there's lights all over the wall. You'll see the lights gradually spin faster until you reach max speed.

The issue with Halo 5 is that it isn't a gradual shift. If any of you drive a turbo it's like that feeling when you floor the car and the turbo kicks in and you get that sudden acceleration out of nowhere.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who here has played ffa yet? The ranking system seems messed up. I won 2 placement matches with a few 3rds then a lot of 5ths because I'm a potatoe. The bad games were against champion players (not sure why I was matching champion players in my placement matches, there was 1-2 for a few of my games). Basically I came out with maybe being positive by a few kills and a terrible win%.

Somehow end up in onyx. Why is this a thing. Felt like I should've got placed in the cardboard division. Idk if it was just because of who I played or what.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The video shows a revamp of The Rig that they are considering.

Maybe I just wasn't paying close enough attention, but I didn't notice it was a different map. I thought they were saying The Rig was inspired from a campaign setting, like pulling a Reach (in reverse). I'm not sure if a remix counts as "fully new" anyway.

Lol they almost seem like they are trying to coin the word sprint for a two week software dev cycle.  A sprint is a very well known nomenclature in agile software development methodology.  

They said "What we like to call, Sprints".   

Didn't you notice Dan Ayoubes' name in the Agile Manifesto? 343 helped coin that shit yo

Nearly every console game has some form of aim acceleration.

It's a requirement for gaming on a joystick really.

And aim acceleration IS the correct term. You will see the option in pretty much every PC shooter in existence.

Even Halo 1 has aim acceleration.

Easiest way to test it is to find an area, look straight up and spin in a circle.

The elevators on AOTCR/Two Betrayals are a good area to test in Halo 1 since the elevator is a circle and there's lights all over the wall. You'll see the lights gradually spin faster until you reach max speed.

The issue with Halo 5 is that it isn't a gradual shift. If any of you drive a turbo it's like that feeling when you floor the car and the turbo kicks in and you get that sudden acceleration out of nowhere.

I understand how it works. There was some debate a while back about the terms and I had always understood aim acceleration to mean what we're interpreting. I think one of the guys had even said there was no aim acceleration in Quake Arena Arcade which was incorrect. As far as my MCC vs OG comment, I knew aim acceleration existed in the OG versions, but I had pretty much max my sensitivity for all the games on MCC. Maybe 60fps made it feel different but I never played max sens on OG.

The bolded part is what I'm interested. I think I max'd my sens because I disliked how slow the gradual shift felt before. It was nearly impossible to for me to turn on players on low and medium sens.

This is how it is in CSGO

Not really, you far from play the highest rank. You play rather other unranked, the lowest rank group or second lowest rank group.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I don't mind the remixes, but I would like to see some new stuff, even if that new stuff is reimagined old stuff with the new abilities in mind.

The AR is SO FUCKING ANNOYING.

Also Warzone was way more fun with no REQs not gonna lie.

It was interesting.