CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Alright, so we can all agree on the fact that the Sniper Rifle is absurd in Arena, and needs nerfed?

It needs SO MUCH bullet mag taken away. It should get a ROF buff to accommodate this, and then have a faster static spawn time.

• Upvote (+1) 6

They really need to let you choose your own server. Half the time it keeps saying it cant find a suitable server so my profile data wont load and i cant go into matchmaking.

Spawning on the bottom floor of a city map when there's 10 different levels and locations your enemy can come while your sitting out in the open...what a return back to classic Halo /s

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So far I think Fathom is the best map, followed by Plaza.

I wish it wasn't so "green" like people say, just so they can start to appreciate how great it is.

there better be a mute everyone button.

There is, but it wasn't working. I couldn't even see who was playing the music.

A quick work around i thought of was to start ur own party.

Didn't think of that, thanks.

So what's the verdict? From what I've read no map is a real stand out? I keep hearing, 'This map isn't too bad', or "This map is at least better than the beta'. Are there any maps that are up there with some of the great maps we've had in other Halos?

Edit- I'm going to give this a go today at lunch, but these kind of comments really worry me.

This post make you look like a cold bitch bro.  Just saying.  Not to sugar coat it.

'preciate it bro. Don't expect you to. The world is a harsh place, and that's something kids growing up these days are sheltered from. "Everyone get's a trophy" "everyone deserves a turn to play" kind of stuff doesn't help anyone and causes a good percentage of them to grow up with the "give me what I want/deserve" mentality.

So what's the verdict? From what I've read no map is a real stand out? I keep hearing, 'This map isn't too bad', or "This map is at least better than the beta'. Are there any maps that are up there with some of the great maps we've had in other Halos?

Edit- I'm going to give this a go today at lunch, but these kind of comments really worry me.

Worst maps in the history of Halo. Bar none. I posted a post with greater depth on why these maps suck and what they are missing from great Halo maps. Here it is:

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/5443-halo-5-guardians-discussion/page-2711?do=findComment&comment=591146

So I just watched the new episodes of The Sprint. Does this mean all btb maps will be forged? If so, i feel really bad for the btb community/btb players in general.

Alright, so we can all agree on the fact that the Sniper Rifle is absurd in Arena, and needs nerfed?

It needs SO MUCH bullet mag taken away. It should get a ROF buff to accommodate this, and then have a faster static spawn time.

Magnum should to go 4 shot, sniper and BR should get a magnetism nerf, and I think I could play this game every night for the foreseeable future. At the very least nerf the BR and sniper. The pistol might not need a buff if the BR isn't easy af to use.

Starting to see the flaw with all ranked playlist (not that I didn't see it coming; in fact I think Infinity made a thread on this)... Can't play with relatives because they get absolutely annihilated by people in Onyx division lol. Not fun for anyone.

Honestly I would just make some alt accounts for that purpose.  It doesn't cost anything.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Really enjoying them at the moment. Aside from Plaza (which I only played once to be fair to it) the maps are not nearly as cluttered as people would have you believe. Honestly that other guy's "analysis" is full of bias and hyperbole in so much as the comparisons are completely uneven (The Rig is bad because the map is completely divided yet Sanc and The Pit get a free pass?), and if someone can't tell whats going on on a map as simple as Coliseum then I don't even know what to say. Loving strongholds on The Rig and flag on Fathom at the moment

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 5

They kind of explained the magnetism that @@Cursed Lemon

was talking about 3 minutes in

I don't think that is what Cursed Lemon is talking about. He is referring more to the fact that in certain instances it feels really weird to aim up or down or left or right. Has nothing to do with magnetism really.

I've played around 14 matches online since launch last night.  I have lagged out with a big red screen 3 times now.  Starting to worry it is going to be a problem.  Is anyone else having any issues getting dropped out of games?  Happened twice for me last night and once my second game this afternoon.  Kinda frustrating. :/

I've played around 14 matches online since launch last night.  I have lagged out with a big red screen 3 times now.  Starting to worry it is going to be a problem.  Is anyone else having any issues getting dropped out of games?  Happened twice for me last night and once my second game this afternoon.  Kinda frustrating. :/

If I know anything about 343, all matchmaking issues will be fixed soon.

:wutface:

The Sprint Episode 3 & 4 are live.

These Sprint episodes were insightful as usual. However, some of the content was somewhat worrying:

• The CE Magnum remake was described as 'an extremely powerful pistol slotted as a rare Mythic weapon available in Warzone.' I hope 343i don't put in the effort to remake the CE Magnum and then limit its use by not making it available in Arena as a power weapon (or in Custom Games, but that's another issue)?
  • I hope the Aim Assist and Magnetism levels seen in that footage (Episode 4, around the 3 minute mark) were just in place to communicate how those systems worked; if they are the levels actually present in game, that's very concerning as they are quite high. It's also particularly concerning if Smart Scope (I can't test this at the moment) affects the RRR on such weapons, as that would exacerbate the issue.
  • It would appear that all of the Big Team Battle maps are to be Forged remakes of previous BTB maps from past games. While I understand the realities of limited resources and Halo 5's production schedule, and I appreciate the amazing work the community Cartographers have done with the improved Forge tools; I can't help but feel bad for the BTB community here, as it's not up to par with what they've received for years now in Halo. 
  • Upvote (+1) 1

"A group of community Cartographers are invited to the Studio to give feedback on the new Forge tool set and to build re-imagined Big Team Battle maps for a future Halo 5: Guardians DLC release."

Are you kidding me?

Sustain™

• Upvote (+1) 3

"A group of community Cartographers are invited to the Studio to give feedback on the new Forge tool set and to build re-imagined Big Team Battle maps for a future Halo 5: Guardians DLC release."

Are you kidding me?

RIP BTB

Are you kidding me?

No original big team maps. Just forge maps for big team. Feel bad for those guys. 

Is this enough confirmation that BTB was not planned to be included at all - and they only added it after the fuss?

It is for me.

• Upvote (+1) 2