CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

snip

Except this doesn't seem to be how it works. I was playing swat with a mate for the lulz, and we were playing against onyx/champions every game and I was neg bombing hard at least half of the games and struggling to go positive in the others. He did better than me in every single game and we both got placed onyx 1500.

If this is true, then that pretty much ruins the prospect of me participating in any kind of competitive H5, or even semi-casual. That's how much I absolutely hate that aspect.

It's been bothering me since i started playing, specially with the Pistol.

Can one of you explain what you mean by Aim Acceleration? I also can't stand H3, but could never really tell what feels so weird itabout (and I don't mean the many questionable mechanics). I don't even own Halo 5 at this point, but if it feels like H3 I don't see me playing any multiplayer at all if I purchase it someday.

The longer you're holding your thumbstick to move your aimer in a certain diection, the quicker it turns (until it hits the max speed it can go).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here btw. ^

For example, this is why the majority of pro CS players play with aim accel off because it is inconsistent, i.e if you move your mouse 10 cm in a certain direction with aim accel on, it will be different when you move your mouse the same 10 cm the next time because it's going to be a slightly different speed every time. However with it off, your aim will go in the same spot every time which is a lot better if you want that muscle memory to kick in later on.

I know it's not the best example giving a pc shooter but best way I can explain.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Except this doesn't seem to be how it works. I was playing swat with a mate for the lulz, and we were playing against onyx/champions every game and I was neg bombing hard at least half of the games and struggling to go positive in the others. He did better than me in every single game and we both got placed onyx 1500.

Every game? All 10 games?

No you probably worked your way up to Onyx in your first few games based in performance and then never lost hard enough to drop below that.

Performance in placement games doesn't determine division - it just determines who you play the next placement game against.

The aim acceleration does feel awkward tbh. I noticed it too. Hopefully they smoothen it up in the next update.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The aim acceleration does feel awkward tbh. I noticed it too. Hopefully they smoothen it up in the next update.

Hope that they get rid of it

I'm pretty sure they added the aim acceleration to compensate for the lack of sticky reticle for pretty much every weapon.  Feels pretty bad to be honest.

I'm pretty sure they added the aim acceleration to compensate for the lack of sticky reticle for pretty much every weapon. Feels pretty bad to be honest.

Exactly the stickiness is low but with bullet magnetism and wonky hitboxes the game gives me headshots when I know that I didn't deserve them. The next patch needs to really fix these issues.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This guy was blaring rap music on his mic and the mute options weren't working so I was forced to listen to it for 10 minutes. Thanks for that, 343.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This guy was blaring rap music on his mic and the mute options weren't working. Thanks for that, 343.

Reminds me of every game of CS GO ever :bravo:.

Should of asked him for a 1v1 after...ARs only :saucey:.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Forgive me if this has been addressed, but is anyone having issues getting into a lobby? I'm getting an ettention message saying: error authorizing user with halo 5: guardians. Really trying to avoid a reinstall here.

Edit: started working after a couple minutes.

Is it me or is this game miles more watchable casually than h2a/h4? Could just be the launch hype but I've quite happily been watching pros grind, the ******** shit you can do is fun to watch.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I played 67 games last night. I matched so many teams of four searching in 3s. The ranking system is flawed without party restrictions

• Upvote (+1) 3

Does the aiming feel sluggish to anyone else? It feels like every direction is slow turn. Ive never had a problem aiming in any halo game until now.

I have the complete opposite of that. I feel that everything is way to fast. Guess I still need time to adjust to the game.

This guy was blaring rap music on his mic and the mute options weren't working so I was forced to listen to it for 10 minutes. Thanks for that, 343.

there better be a mute everyone button.

Second complaint... Wish they didn't take away the assist medal, that way I know if the person I was shooting or naded around a corner is the player that was killed, because you don't always have time to look at the players name or see the players name.

Why is it that people who are ranked have to play with people doing placement matches?

Also there is a lack of good maps in this game. Everything is just so big and segmented

• Downvote (-1) 2