CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Forgive me if I'm missing something, but that was legitimately painful to watch. Is that really how aiming works??

No. It's off because it's a spectator mode perspective. I wanted to capture the point of view of the person I juked, and spectator mode is always a bit off, so it's weird-looking.

If that's not what you meant, then yes, that's how aiming works.

All we know is that Bungie never bothered.

No one ever actually gave us an explanation as to the technical factors that contributed to it. Which is so incredibly frustrating since it would take a Bungie developer literally two minutes to drop by and say "oh yeah it's programmed this way".

so what about @@Sal1ent or @@Deez maybe we get an answer after all those years

Maybe even a toggle?

Been playing since launch already bored...Team Arena useless without a team, slayer the same to a lesser degree, breakout played a solid 5 hours on the same 5 maps, swat lolno, ffa is decent get spawnfucked alot. Other than that its boring ass warezone....

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Does the aiming feel sluggish to anyone else? It feels like every direction is slow turn. Ive never had a problem aiming in any halo game until now.

Come home hyped, power is out in the entire apartment complex.

God, y u do dis?

If there really was a god you can bet your ass that he would give signs to join the PC masterrace.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Matchmaking is having issues it looks like. None of my placement games have registered. 

Does the aiming feel sluggish to anyone else? It feels like every direction is slow turn. Ive never had a problem aiming in any halo game until now.

This is normal, I noticed it right away too. After about 10 games it goes away and it feels like butter.

You'll never wanna go back after that. Give it some time and grind away.

• Upvote (+1) 2

No. It's off because it's a spectator mode perspective. I wanted to capture the point of view of the person I juked, and spectator mode is always a bit off, so it's weird-looking.

If that's not what you meant, then yes, that's how aiming works.

Oh good. The word sluggish came to mind - strange for a game supposedly built around speed.

Sometimes the truth comes off as a cold bitch. Idk how you are in real life, but judging off your posts on this forum that is how to apparently want to project yourself to be. You only point out the negative (you whine), and you want everything to be designed your way or it's not good enough (entitled). Now, where I come from, people tell friends exactly how it is, and this would be advice I would give to my best friend, my wife, my son, or my co-worker. Sugar coating is not a quality I look for in people, nor expect from anyone else.

Now, have fun bashing on a game you never even intend to play, and I will go back to enjoying said game.

Or maybe he's not whiny and entitled, but he actually knows what the fuck he's talking about?

Sometimes the truth comes off as a cold bitch. Idk how you are in real life, but judging off your posts on this forum that is how to apparently want to project yourself to be. You only point out the negative (you whine), and you want everything to be designed your way or it's not good enough (entitled). Now, where I come from, people tell friends exactly how it is, and this would be advice I would give to my best friend, my wife, my son, or my co-worker. Sugar coating is not a quality I look for in people, nor expect from anyone else.

Now, have fun bashing on a game you never even intend to play, and I will go back to enjoying said game.

This post make you look like a cold bitch bro.  Just saying.  Not to sugar coat it.

• Upvote (+1) 3

REMOVE

BREAKOUT

FROM

TEAM

ARENA

That's going to be at least 2 months lol. Wouldn't be surprised if 343 included warzone in the big team battle playlist.

It feels like the reticle has momentum.

For me, it feels like there is too large of a spin difference between high and low angles of reticle displacement. So, you need to press the stick farther to achieve a reasonable turn. If this wild hypothesis is correct, this causes two things: it takes more time to get the stick to the correct angle to execute an average turn AND the slow movement at the start of your stick movement causes you to overcompensate. Together, this makes aiming feel sluggish.

My aim is still crap (like in the other Halos...), but I think I'm already getting used to it, so it might be no biggie for me in the long run. 

Here's an interesting discussion of the topic: http://drstrangevolt.blogspot.com/2012/12/aim-acceleration-in-console-shooters-part1.html

Really fucking hard to not get enraged when you play out of your mind and win only to find out there's an 'error' in the post-game lobby and it doesn't count. Then you play the next game, and you get a team full of fucking scrubtards and lose and you rank down. 

For the people who feel like the strafe/movement sucks in Halo 5.

Whoever was shooting wasn't very good if I'm honest. 

Probably has to do with the jacked up aim acceleration and/or the rust of abandoning Halo for so long lol

What's the point of the Flag in Breakout? That seems such a lazy way to handle the "breakout needs an objective" complaint everyone had.

Never thought I would be defending this game...

A word about the ranking system: It doesn't work the way you think, and it's working fine.

During your placement matches  it pairs you against players of different skills based on your performance in previous games. Here's an "example" of how it kind of works, pretend Halo still has 1-50 to make this easier to explain.

Placement matches

1: Play against 25s - Win with really good k/d

2: Play against 35s - Win with really good k/d

3: Play against 43s - Win with pretty good k/d

4: Play against 50s - Lose with pretty bad k/d

5: Play against 44s - Win with decent k/d

6: Play against 47s - Lose with decent k/d

7: Play against 45s - Win with decent k/d

8: Play against 46s - Win with 1.1 k/d

9: Play against 46s - Lose with .9 k/d

10: Play against 46s - Win with 1.0 k/d​

Overall 7/3 W/L with 2.3 K/D

Get placed at 46 (somewhere high in diamond likely)

So the game tries to bounce you back and forth between divisions until it finds on that you play on the same skill as your opponents. That's why you can play either silver or diamond players during placement. That's why the overall W/L and K/D of your placement matches doesn't matter. It matters who you got those stats against. The reverse situation could happen like this.

1: Play against 25s - Lose with pretty bad k/d 

2: Play against 15s - Lose with pretty bad k/d

3: Play against 5s - Win with really good k/d

4: Play against 10s - Lose with bad k/d

5: Play against 6s - Win with really k/d

6: Play against 7s - Win with pretty k/d

7: Play against 8s - Win with decent k/d

8: Play against 8s - Win with 1.2 k/d

9: Play against 8s - Win with 1.1 k/d

10: Play against 8s - Win with 1.0 k/d​

Overall 7/3 W/L with 2.3 K/D

Get placed at 8 (somewhere low in silver likely)

This guy ends up with the exact same W/L and K/D but still gets placed way lower. Both of these guys see their stats independently and wonder if the ranking system is broken.

Oh and to the players embarrassed by low K/D ratios - that's gonna happen in a game with rankings in every list. A perfect ranking/matchmaking combo will get everyone near 1.0 K/D eventually.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is it just me but does turning feel clunky to anyone of you?

This is the reticle acceleration/momentum/cancer we've all been talking about.

• Upvote (+1) 2