CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

For the people who feel like the strafe/movement sucks in Halo 5.

Forgive me if I'm missing something, but that was legitimately painful to watch. Is that really how aiming works??

So I'm Onyx in SWAT and I figured I'd mess around in there.  Oh wait you're Onyx?  Let's give you a bunch of people who aren't ranked yet oh but your loss still counts against you.  GG Bungie.

Bungie?

Forgive me if I'm missing something, but that was legitimately painful to watch. Is that really how aiming works??

Theaters fucking it up

Can one of you explain what you mean by Aim Acceleration? I also can't stand H3, but could never really tell what feels so weird about it (and I don't mean the many questionable mechanics). I don't even own Halo 5 at this point, but if it feels like H3 I don't see me playing any multiplayer at all if I purchase it someday.

Ah yeah, "stop being a whiner and acting entitled" is definitely what I tell people when I'm trying to give them friendly advice.

Sometimes the truth comes off as a cold bitch. Idk how you are in real life, but judging off your posts on this forum that is how to apparently want to project yourself to be. You only point out the negative (you whine), and you want everything to be designed your way or it's not good enough (entitled). Now, where I come from, people tell friends exactly how it is, and this would be advice I would give to my best friend, my wife, my son, or my co-worker. Sugar coating is not a quality I look for in people, nor expect from anyone else.

Now, have fun bashing on a game you never even intend to play, and I will go back to enjoying said game.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 10

Can one of you explain what you mean by Aim Acceleration? I also can't stand H3, but could never really tell what feels so weird itabout (and I don't mean the many questionable mechanics). I don't even own Halo 5 at this point, but if it feels like H3 I don't see me playing any multiplayer at all if I purchase it someday.

It's difficult because nobody has ever actually explained what causes it. The sensation is a slip-slidy reticule that has a spongy response, in comparison to the crisp aiming of H1 or H2C.

Aggressnyak did a test of the actual acceleration curves of the different Halo games and they all came out almost identical, so the term "aim acceleration" is something of a misnomer. We're not really sure what it is, but we know it's there.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Can one of you explain what you mean by Aim Acceleration? I also can't stand H3, but could never really tell what feels so weird itabout (and I don't mean the many questionable mechanics). I don't even own Halo 5 at this point, but if it feels like H3 I don't see me playing any multiplayer at all if I purchase it someday.

i think its when you aim in one direction and it speeds up to a max in a single direction, then as soon as you change direction in aim, it slows down to speed back up for the other direction.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Theaters fucking it up

I hope so. That looked unresponsive as hell.

Sometimes the truth comes off as a cold bitch. Idk how you are in real life, but judging off your posts on this forum that is how to apparently want to project yourself to be. You only point out the negative (you whine), and you want everything to be designed your way or it's not good enough (entitled). Now, where I come from, people tell friends exactly how it is, and this would be advice I would give to my best friend, my wife, my son, or my co-worker. Sugar coating is not a quality I look for in people, nor expect from anyone else.

I'm sure anonymity has nothing to do with this.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not that I'm whining but the amount of AR:ing in this game is just plain awful, I mean yeah I can 1v1 someone with pistol and if lucky 1v2 but usually my shields are just gone and some AR guy runs from out of nowhere...

Have fun bashing on a game you never even intend to play, and I will go back to enjoying said game.

Here's how the rest of this conversation goes.

1. I tell you to get new friends/coworkers/etc. because it fits right in line with the advice you're giving me - just give up on something that isn't turning out the way you want it to

2. You tell me that people are different, because they're important in life

3. I tell you that maybe Halo is actually important in my life, due to the number of positive experiences it's given me in the past

4. You say some trite, equivocating nonsense that doesn't really matter at this point

5. I go on with my day

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

It feels like the reticle has momentum.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I describe the sensation like driving a bumper car. You turn the wheel and the car whips around and you have to correct to bring it back. A feeling like something more drastic happened than you wanted and you have to constantly correct for it.

Makes it hard to be precise... and not the skillful hard... its the annoying hard.

• Upvote (+1) 1

^ Actually a very concise way of putting it...I think I'm going to call it that from now on.

"Reticle momentum"

I'm gonna really test that when I get home. I've played a lot of halo 3 and a lot of halo 5 and j can't say if I've ever felt aim acceleration. I think it's really mostly the lack of aim assist that makes it feel that way.

AR starts in FFA is excruciating. The very existence of people that support starting automatics is disturbing.

You have no idea how much I agree with you!!!!! I was just talking about that earlier last night...

Alright Pistol starts on the FFA playlist is literally the most stupidest thing ever. It just makes more sense in my head 2 have BR starts for FFA at least. Cross mapping with a pistol trying to be a janitor is horrid. Most maps I've seen so far only have like 2-3 BRs. Like it's the BIGGEST power weapon to have on FFA when you can dominate anyone cross map, and steal kills 2 further your lead greatly. I know it wasn't like this in past halos with BR starts every match but you have to remember Thrust, and Sprint is a major part of this game.

^ Actually a very concise way of putting it...I think I'm going to call it that from now on.

"Reticle momentum"

Reticular Cancer. ;)

• Upvote (+1) 5

I'm gonna really test that when I get home. I've played a lot of halo 3 and a lot of halo 5 and j can't say if I've ever felt aim acceleration. I think it's really mostly the lack of aim assist that makes it feel that way.

Give me some good news.

Reticular Cancer. ;)

Even better.

I got Platinum in Arena.

Must be because I have thumbs.

I got diamond in Arena.

Must be because I have even more thumbs :bravo:

:kappa:

Is Aim Acceleration something that can be patched?

Overall I enjoy the game thus far, it's far from perfect but it's much, much better then HR and H4!

I'm not sure about the maps though...and playing against some AR-loving teams can be a pain in the ass..

Is Aim Acceleration something that can be patched?

All we know is that Bungie never bothered.

No one ever actually gave us an explanation as to the technical factors that contributed to it. Which is so incredibly frustrating since it would take a Bungie developer literally two minutes to drop by and say "oh yeah it's programmed this way".