CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I just don't get why the aiming is so clunky. It definitely contributes to more difficulty, but it does it the same way Halo 3 did which isn't necessarily a good thing. My biggest gripe with the game.

Also if anyone understands that sudden death FFA thing let me know pls. Grind on you crazy fucks.

Well I've already spent about $12 on REQ packs. There's my contribution to the HCS. Step up your game guys

I did the 25$ one, no idea why. Probably because I REALLY want a pistol skin.

b0VvDGB.jpg

Wife just texted this to me. Didn't even preorder the elite controller...

(Can someone embed for me I'm on mobile)

Moa Edit: Done

Wife her... Wait.  um wife her again? 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm really worried about the accounts I'm hearing of "aim acceleration" (or whatever the hell it actually is) being inserted into this game.

That's a huge problem for me. It's the #1 reason I hate Halo 3, by far.

Yeah, it's the first thing I noticed. I don't remember it at all from the beta, and it feels like Halo 3. Garbage.

• Upvote (+1) 1

watched Kampy play for an hour just now ... never seen him so frustrated in 80-100 hours of streaming, lol.  aiming is definitely hard in this game

After playing for a while I was on the fence about buying the elite controller since I only wanted it for this game and I'm still not sure I like it.  But then my friend said he could get me one for $100.  Sold.  But now I have to wait for him to pick it up.

Yeah, it's the first thing I noticed. I don't remember it at all from the beta, and it feels like Halo 3. Garbage.

If this is true, then that pretty much ruins the prospect of me participating in any kind of competitive H5, or even semi-casual. That's how much I absolutely hate that aspect.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Well I've put about 9-10 hours into the game since last night. Having a blast. Only things I would like to see tweaked

-Magnum go to 4 shot and have a slightly larger mag, or either/or

-BR is too easy, tone it down. It removes incentive to master the magnum

-Sniper is too easy

Other than that, having a blast, rarely do I sprint and I find it easy enough to get around in arena without using it, except when I'm trying to make a longer jump. Thruster doesn't move you far enough to make me notice anyone getting away, and ground pound is purely a teabagging way to kill someone. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

If this is true, then that pretty much ruins the prospect of me participating in any kind of competitive H5, or even semi-casual. That's how much I hate absolutely hate that aspect.

Sorry to hear that, the game is really fun when you stop wanting to whine about every aspect that didn't turn out the way you wanted it to. Kids these days have such an entitlement attitude. Try to grow a Halo CE scene if you despise the new Halo so much, or even find another game that suits your needs. :)

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 11

If this is true, then that pretty much ruins the prospect of me participating in any kind of competitive H5, or even semi-casual. That's how much I hate absolutely hate that aspect.

There is aim acceleration and it sucks. Also, 90% of my games have been super laggy with players skipping and running into walls. Anyone else have this issue?

I really hope that the ranks show case real skill after a week or so

Cuz I really don't understand this logic, left hand side is when I first started,

right hand side is after I gotten used to the aim controls a more

CTiChZ3.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

For the people who feel like the strafe/movement sucks in Halo 5.

I love that crouch strafing is really responsive, similar to H1. I've found it useful when I'm ARing a guy close range who is shooting me with a pistol.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Passive-aggressive post signed with a happy face. What a pinnacle of maturity, you are. :)

:) :)

:) :) :)

No, strictly passive. Nothing aggressive. I feel sorry for you thinking everyone is trying to constantly pick a fight with you. All I am saying is, it's been 14 years since Halo CE was released, don't you think it's time to move on since every consecutive Halo game has been a disappointment for you? Sit back, relax, and enjoy a game for what it is: a game. If there are aspects that make you unable to enjoy said game, then move on to another game that tickles your fancy. When are you gonna take a hint that Halo will not be developed solely for your enjoyment and how you want it to play? Obviously 10+ years isn't enough of one lol.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 6

So I'm Onyx in SWAT and I figured I'd mess around in there.  Oh wait you're Onyx?  Let's give you a bunch of people who aren't ranked yet oh but your loss still counts against you.  GG Bungie.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So about spectator mode...can you actually use it at launch? I thought you could spectate your friends? How do I do that?

You click on them and spectate.... ?

I really hope that the ranks show case real skill after a week or so

Cuz I really don't understand this logic, left hand side is when I first started,

right hand side is after I gotten used to the aim controls a more

maybe you played against better players and did not win or do as good and the system gave you a more accurate ranking.

No, strictly passive. Nothing aggressive. I feel sorry for you thinking everyone is trying to constantly pick a fight with you.

Ah yeah, "stop being a whiner and acting entitled" is definitely what I tell people when I'm trying to give them friendly advice.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2