CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I just don't like that I join Warzone down 800 to 300 with half the team quit out.

Play Warzone Assault. So much better. Playing it some people until our party shrinks to 4.

You play as either Attacking or Defending, 6 minute round, 1 base at a time. When attackers take a base, 6 minutes resets and you move onto the second base, after the second base to the core. No prometheans/covies.

http://i.imgur.com/b0VvDGB.jpg

Wife just texted this to me. Didn't even preorder the elite controller...

(Can someone embed for me I'm on mobile)

b0VvDGB.jpg

There ya go!

Play Warzone Assault. So much better. 

You play as either Attacking or Defending, 6 minute round, 1 base at a time. When attackers take a base, 6 minutes resets and you move onto the second base, after the second base to the core. No prometheans/covies.

Yeah, Assault kind of reminds me of Rush from Battlefield, honestly.

b0VvDGB.jpg

Wife just texted this to me. Didn't even preorder the elite controller...

(Can someone embed for me I'm on mobile)

Moa Edit: Done

Can get all that but not Premium :wutface:

Jk, make sure to post controller impressions.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Same :D I sell everything pretty much cos I can't see my self playing warzone. Just want the weapon skins.

With no unranked Playlist currently I see myself using war zone to kind of warm up. It's especially nice because if you want to snipe or something you can literally get one whenever and there is always enough close quarters stuff that it isn't just a vehicle fest by this time

Really liking the multiplayer so far, without a doubt 100X better than Halo 4. It feels a lot more like Halo since the beta.

One thing that is really driving me crazy is having enemies (i mean multiplayer enemies, not campagin) dropping to 30 FPS or sometimes it seems lower in the middle of a firefight. Its happening way to frequently to me. Anyone else noticing this?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Never did I think I would see the day in a competitive Halo thread where people were hyped about receiving a "rare" weapon skin or piece of armor.

How times have changed...

• Upvote (+1) 7

Really liking the multiplayer so far, without a doubt 100X better than Halo 4. It feels a lot more like Halo since the beta.

One thing that is really driving me crazy is having enemies (i mean multiplayer enemies, not campagin) dropping to 30 FPS or sometimes it seems lower in the middle of a firefight. Its happening way to frequently to me. Anyone else noticing this?

Yeah it's like that in the campaign as well. Once models get to a certain distance they drop to 30FPS animations it seems.

This game is really hard for me to learn which is a good sign.

First game was incredibly awakward, then half way through the game I started getting a feel for it and got a really nice Overkill too. I love the movement of it, sprint is pretty damn balanced now too.

Yeah it's like that in the campaign as well. Once models get to a certain distance they drop to 30FPS animations it seems.

Pretty unacceptable to be happening in a 4v4 multiplayer game imo. Hope they fix this.

Never did I think I would see the day in a competitive Halo thread where people were hyped about receiving a "rare" weapon skin or piece of armor.

Everyone likes shiny things.

Not a big fan of those types of things or just surprised to see it in halo in general?

Yep just like that slide effect. SS showed it in the advanced tech video. Also, sliding down ramps or slopes increases the slide length. Slides also cause momentum jumps. Also can do diagonal

I sometimes thrust backwards after slide when grabbing PW but besides what I mentioned earlier I don't use thrust with it. However, its day 1 so anything can happen

And word I see your issue with it. Was more just noting what you can do with it. GP I have used to escape a few times but it's pretty situational. Flag routes though with GP are interesting...

Also, another thing I noted is using Clamber to stay alive. In orion, it has DMG boost literally on this small circular floating object. No cover or anything, so what I do is grab DMG boost and if I'm being shot at, I jump down and clamber last second which takes half a second or so to clamber up and they can't really get s clean shot on me. And usually on that map I have someone on the tower behind DMR so they can put pressure on them and I thrust to their side to harass/kill them. Most of the stuff I've found are defensive stuff but wouldn't be surprised if Thruster has glitches where it helps offensively

Think I might try making a video out of all this later

That's a good use of clamber. I understand exactly what you are talking about. In Monday Night Combat we have these jump jets on certain classes. You press A to jump, and Hold A to jump your normal height, then increase it a tiny bit with a very weak jetpack that is capable of letting you hover as well as go a little bit higher. We will purposely fall off of these ledges and "late jump" which makes our characters start to fall off and use the floor/ledge as cover while utilizing their jetpack to make it back to the same ledge. It's really beneficial since it's a third person game and you can sorta wall glitch them while using this tactic. I wanted to plug a video, but I don't think I can find anything. 

Well I've already spent about $12 on REQ packs. There's my contribution to the HCS. Step up your game guys

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm really worried about the accounts I'm hearing of "aim acceleration" (or whatever the hell it actually is) being inserted into this game.

That's a huge problem for me. It's the #1 reason I hate Halo 3, by far.

I choosed Arena and got Breakout and as bonus the controller had changed the buttons to Southpaw. I thought that was JustMCCThings.

And after one day of gaming I think the variety is way to small, but Arena is still fun. But I really dont like the AR. And I usually like BTB but Warzone is no fun at all. I think Warzone will die when BTB is in the playlist.

I enjoy the campaign, but I have only played half.