CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Biggest issue so far is definitely the sluggish aiming. I feel like there is some serious acceleration going on. That, and the slow average kill times. I don't mind a hard to use pistol but I notice more people escaping with thrust than I'd like to. 4sk or faster RoF is needed IMO. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I went like 5-5 in my placements and finished at Diamond 1 no idea how.

I think placement is all about K/D, not win-loss ratio.    Played last night with 3 buddies.  We all had the same win loss ratio but two of us ended up Platinum, two Diamond.  The two that went into Diamond had higher K/Ds.

Biggest issue so far is definitely the sluggish aiming. I feel like there is some serious acceleration going on.

This wasn't in the beta, was it?

I think placement is all about K/D, not win-loss ratio.    Played last night with 3 buddies.  We all had the same win loss ratio but two of us ended up Platinum, two Diamond.  The two that went into Diamond had higher K/Ds.

Yeah, I was using the FFA playlist to get a handle on the game and ended up in Onyx despite only 3 wins.

I thought Josh said that ONLY win/loss contributed to your placement/rank.

@@Teapot surprisingly I found some uses for slide so far. If I know opponents can get a LoS on me in a location and there's a slip of cover of I crouch, I run and slide, then jump and thrust which slides me across to let me jump again. No one really can touch you and you can get the first few shots while they're disoriented

Stabilizers I see some uses on stacking abilities to do jump ups and to utilize LoS that you can only see for a second (example in Reach/h2 being the back blue LoS to Rockets).

Kinda like how slide jumping down a slanted object in other Halo's speeds up your movement? I'd like to see a video if you can make one or link to one. When I had thought of "advanced movement techniques" (for lack of a better term) for sliding, I had hoped and anticipated that you could use thrust with it, but I can't see a lot of useful scenarios for slide. 

Now my issue with stabilizers may just me being a grumpy old elitist to be honest. It just seems really weird to me to be able to jump and hover/float in a Halo game, in order to get a line of sight that was either deemed impossible beforehand, or incredibly difficult due to the player having to time the jump and hit the shot accurately in a small window of time. Now that player can stabilize in the back of the map with a sniper, only to take a few shots from a pistol and run away. Stabilizers to me seem like they were put in for the person who found jumping headshots to be too difficult.

So generally I don't like them. They produce this effect that I would expect it to, and it's very upfront, but that doesn't mean I wasn't proved wrong with finding a more clever use for them. Unfortunately, while still a defensive tactic, I've seen players run away and go to jump off a ledge only to jump, stabilize and ground pound hover to juke out their opponents. When I talk about depth of abilities or about how things go beyond the surface level of gameplay, I'm talking about utilizing things like this.

Only complaint I have so far is that the radar doesn't tell you if someone is under you or above you anymore like it did in reach, not sure if that's just because I'm not used to the maps yet or not.

Only complaint I have so far is that the radar doesn't tell you if someone is under you or above you anymore like it did in reach, not sure if that's just because I'm not used to the maps yet or not.

It does actually. Rather than showing a different shape however, it shows the enemy as faded, if they're above or below.

It does actually. Rather than showing a different shape however, it shows the enemy as faded, if they're above or below.

I couldn't tell when I was playing, I guess that was just me then. But it was pretty inconvenient. 

MP Feedback so far. 

-Lobby menu sucks. Takes too many keystrokes to check who your opponents are, and since the ranks are hidden until you look at a service record it makes me not care about them at all. Also no option to mute all players in a lobby. 

-BR is too easy to use.

-All the maps suck. Sightlines are either too big or too obstructed.

-Armor customization feels like a tremendous afterthought

-Warzone needs more audio feedback for when things are happening. Also needs point system looked at so someone can't steal your kill on a boss in the last second.

Gunplay is pretty cool otherwise, but the game's boring if i'm being honest. Needs better maps and Forge. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

MP Feedback so far. 

-Lobby menu sucks. Takes too many keystrokes to check who your opponents are, and since the ranks are hidden until you look at a service record it makes me not care about them at all.

-BR is too easy to use.

-Warzone needs more audio feedback for when things are happening. Also needs point system looked at so someone can't steal your kill on a boss in the last second.

Gunplay is pretty cool otherwise, but the game's boring if i'm being honest. 

heh

MP Feedback so far.

-Lobby menu sucks. Takes too many keystrokes to check who your opponents are, and since the ranks are hidden until you look at a service record it makes me not care about them at all. Also no option to mute all players in a lobby.

-BR is too easy to use.

Gunplay is pretty cool otherwise, but the game's boring if i'm being honest. Needs better maps and Forge.

the maps are ok, we need more simple maps though,we have 2 and they're the same map with slight differences in between.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Would you guys rather thruster on LB and jump on A, or Jump with LB and thruster on X?

Jump on LB.

You can shoot while jumping.

the maps are ok, we need more simple maps though,we have 2 and they're the same map with slight differences in between.

And it honestly takes at least two weeks of playing to get a good feel of which maps are good or bad in the game.

Biggest issue so far is definitely the sluggish aiming. I feel like there is some serious acceleration going on. That, and the slow average kill times. I don't mind a hard to use pistol but I notice more people escaping with thrust than I'd like to. 4sk or faster RoF is needed IMO.

yeah I noticed this as well and I'm playing on 5 sensitivity.
  • Upvote (+1) 2