CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

So I went and played the breakout playlist and lost on purpose all my placement games, I had 0 kills and 0% accuracy and I'm silver 1. If I didn't get a kill and lost all my games and still placed silver I'd like to know what the bronze division looks like.

From what we've gathered from our experiences and such, this is what I think the ranks mean:

Bronze - Troll / betrayer

Silver - You don't even try. Unable to aim.

Gold - Terrible

Platinum - Below Average

Diamond - Average

Onyx - Actually good

Champion - Pro status

From what we've gathered from our experiences and such, this is what I think the ranks mean:

Silver - Unable To Aim

Gold - Pure Noob With No Skill

Platinum - Below Average

Diamond - Average

Onyx - Actually good

Champion - Pro status

I love how four divisions are dedicated to people that suck.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Haha, it's sad but probably true judging from how ranks have been working so far.

TIL I probably suck...

JK I already knew that.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Right now I got Platinum in Slayer and Breakout and Diamond in SWAT.

Checked h0lmb0m's rank for Slayer as well. 2.0 KD, 9 out of 10 games won, Diamond rank. :kappa:

Why do you defend this game like it is your first born son?

Holy shit, give it a rest for five minutes.

Defending the game by pointing out obvious facts? It's a basic ducking algorithm. It will take time to weed people out. You seriously don't understand this?

Guess I won't play MP for a week then. :kappa:

No de-ranking, no reset for a month or so. Kind of too late for it to work itself out.

Other than this, this game is solid and I am having a lot of fun with it. Definitely the more superior Halo since CE and 2.

Bitching sounds a lot more aggressive than the comment was meant to be, so apologies if I came off hostile.

I'm just basing this off other games with similar ranking systems and Josh's comments. Once people get placed the first time, they'll get weeded out the second time if that fails. It goes on and on until it works itself out, it's basically a fail safe.

Don't you EVER tell people to stop "Bitching" about important things. We're simply pointing out that the Ranking system is not accurate.

If we point out something is wrong, are we bitching now?

Untitled_2.png

Super low.

Read above, wasn't meant to be super hostile, so relax bud. It's just the way these ranking systems work at launch. Is this your first ranking system similar to this? Honest question, not meant to be condescending.

Defending the game by pointing out obvious facts? It's a basic ducking algorithm. It will take time to weed people out. You seriously don't understand this?

Bitching sounds a lot more aggressive than the comment was meant to be, so apologies if I came off hostile.

Nah you're fine, I didn't take it as hostile, personally. However I didn't understand what you meant, but now I do. I hope that's the case.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You can't adapt spawning with an extremely hard to use pistol against an enemy with the easiest BR of the series.

Yeah this is my only real issue so far with the game. There have been a couple times where I feel like the BR is just aiming for people while I'm actually trying to aim. To be fair I guess it is to be expected that the BR is easy to use.

Halo 5 now has an 84 on Metacritic the lowest rated Halo game ever...even lower than Halo MCC

Which is why you should take Metacritic and reviews in general with a grain of salt.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Which is why you should take Metacritic and reviews in general with a grain of salt.

Said any person about any review site that they did not agree with.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Silver - You don't even try. Unable to aim.

Gold - Terrible

Platinum - Below Average

Diamond - Average

Onyx - Actually good

Champion - Pro status

I went like 5-5 in my placements and finished at Diamond 1 no idea how.

Said any person about any review site that they did not agree with.

I mean, if you want to base your opinion off of someone else's then be my guest

• Upvote (+1) 1

So what's the consensus? I think the game is good

Much much better than 4. Has great potential to be a fantastic competitive title as well, in my opinion.

True but the fact even a single person said that is disconcerting.

The internet is a big place. I take more pride in how these posts have people looking back on CE favorably. You have no idea how long that's taken me to achieve on Waypoint. I feel like a father on his kid's first day of school. :')