CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I'm like 10% done with the first level, and I'm hoping the story is better than what some people are saying, the gameplay and level design is pretty good so far.

I'm just curious will their be any spoilers for H5's campaign in this thread? I'd like to continue reading everyone's thoughts on MP but if it's not safe I will hold off until I've completed it before returning here.

How in the hell does a poll asking what you played first in multiplayer have anything to do with any kind of honeymoon phase notion?

db7a1052bb3cb70f9c4a4558810cd096.gif

• Upvote (+1) 5

So, I've had the game for a full 24 hours now...

To be fair most of that time I've spent sleeping and working, but here are my thoughts so far:

• Aim acceleration needs more options. It seems to have too much acceleration. I'd prefer it to ramp up slightly slower.
  • Sensitivity when zoomed also needs options. It feels a lot harder to be precise when zoomed in than previous Halo's.
  • Breakout is just as garbage when I played it in the beta. The flag doesn't help at all. Thankfully I've only had to endure it a couple of times so far.
  • Had quite a few "Unable to join" error messages. Not sure if it's the game, my network or the dedicated servers. Either way, it's annoying.
  • 8 second respawn in every game mode is really weird. I don't understand why this is changed. It has ALWAYS been 5 seconds for Slayer and 10 seconds for Objective. I really see no reason this needed to change.
  • Respawn beeps are too quiet. I actually thought they weren't there until I listened closely.
  • Unlocking emblems is pretty dumb. Everyone has the same emblems. The entire point of them is to tell players apart. This is useless when everyone has the same one.
  • Req packs REALLY needs an in-game explanation. I had no idea WTF I was doing when I was opening packs.
  • Flagnum is stupid. Halo CTF was always unique in that the flag carrier required help from their team and were defenceless with the flag. Now they have the same weapon that everyone else starts with, clamber and thruster... Why even bother 343? Just make it like UT where a player can back flip off a wall and 180 lightning gun someone in the face while carrying the flag.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

How in the hell does a poll asking what you played first in multiplayer have anything to do with any kind of honeymoon phase notion?

Ahh boo - I dont think the rest of the message loaded.  disregard, disregard. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

AR is broken as hell with ADS compared to precision guns.

You have next to 0 chance of turning around and killing an AR user even at mid range because chances are, by the time you do, your shields are out.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why did you put this in here?

Saw ''Halo 5 Guardians Discussion '' in the title, and I immediately posted on this thread, I didn't see the Campaign discussion thread.

You have next to 0 chance of turning around and killing an AR user even at mid range because chances are, by the time you do, your shields are out.

Well if they get the first shot on you and they have good aim.. I don't see the problem.

I beg to differ, I have a few reversals on ar worriors. Also the spread difference is not much, especially at close range where you'd hit most of your shots anyway.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

"no penalty to hip firing"

but sick bonuses to scoping!

That's 343 in a nutshell

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I didn't really get that feeling if they weren't right on top of me. I turned on plenty of players but then again most of the people i was matching were awful

"no penalty to hip firing"

but sick bonuses to scoping!

That's 343 in a nutshell

I was doing testing and for some odd reason the shotgun zoom does absolutely nothing, it doesn't extend range, decrease the spread or anything, it just clutters up your fov for no reason. Like 343 put it on just for the sake of uniformity.

CSR really goes up quick, you gotta keep playing to maintain your champion rank - I was at 22 when I went to bed, 5 hours later I am at 75. 

I'd just like to say I got 1 error message, and it didn't even mean anything because the game still worked.