CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

GOOD OL DENSITY.

My roommate just grinds on that game all the time. He doesn't even really like the multiplayer or anything. He just does raids with his friends because there is fuck all to do on PS4.

People wonder why that game is so big. There's like 20 million PS4's out there because Xbox is totes evil, and those guys have nothing to fucking spend time on. If you don't like a bunch of single player games at 60 dollars a pop, then what the hell do you play? Density.

PC? :saucey:

PC? :saucey:

I have a gaming PC and I don't use it right now. My roommate has one, doesn't use it at all right now either. I used to play CS GO, League, Payday 2 and some other games on PC, but recently I've been playing just Halo and MK.

Anyways, was just watching Ninja's stream and saw a questionable snipe that people were freaking out about, but the answer is pretty clear. The game he just played was laggy, you could see the shots from his pistol not registering right away either. The difference with the sniper is the bullet trail. It looks worse because the trail misses but at the time the shot goes off, you can tell he covered his target with the reticle. But of course a basic understanding of networking is just a lot to expect from a Twitch chat.

EDIT: And if I liked single player games, yeah I would be just playing crap for free or cheap all day on PC.

I have a gaming PC and I don't use it right now. My roommate has one, doesn't use it at all right now either. I used to play CS GO, League, Payday 2 and some other games on PC, but recently I've been playing just Halo and MK.

Anyways, was just watching Ninja's stream and saw a questionable snipe that people were freaking out about, but the answer is pretty clear. The game he just played was laggy, you could see the shots from his pistol not registering right away either. The difference with the sniper is the bullet trail. It looks worse because the trail misses but at the time the shot goes off, you can tell he covered his target with the reticle. But of course a basic understanding of networking is just a lot to expect from a Twitch chat.

EDIT: And if I liked single player games, yeah I would be just playing crap for free or cheap all day on PC.

Dirty Bomb bro. 

Overwatch beta tomorrow aswell

Why do you remind me?!

I never knew having choices sucked this bad

Dirty Bomb bro. 

Played a lot of it, my brother is a huge fan of it. I adore the objective play in it. Here's my issue with the game. These four factors define the combat:

- Long kill times

- Big headshot bonus

- Very fast movement speed

- Guns aren't perfectly accurate and have some recoil.

Take any one of those factors away, and it's a fucking magnificent game. Like the gun accuracy/recoil. With 9 shot kills, and headshot bonuses, and people flying the eff around, you don't need your gun not to shoot straight. Those four factors together drive me nuts at times, because even though it's crazy skillful, it still feels like a headshot lottery.

I can't wait to see what they did with the final release, as I only played the free beta.

Played a lot of it, my brother is a huge fan of it. I adore the objective play in it. Here's my issue with the game. These four factors define the combat:

- Long kill times

- Big headshot bonus

Take any one of those factors away, and it's a fucking magnificent game. Like the gun accuracy/recoil. With 9 shot kills, and headshot bonuses, and people flying the eff around, you don't need your gun not to shoot straight. Those four factors together drive me nuts at times, because even though it's crazy skillful, it still feels like a headshot lottery.

I can't wait to see what they did with the final release, as I only played the free beta.

I played it when it was still in alpha and I thought it was pretty fun then. I tried playing it after release, and the F2P model really turned me off entirely.

Your sig is literally my grind as well rofl

I would throw FFA in as well but It may be a lot 2 keep up with. Also does anyone know if you have 2 place 1st in order for a FFA win to count? or is it like top 3-4 are consider a win or a draw?

Overwatch beta tomorrow aswell

and :goat:  Tree Of Savior  :goat:

- Long kill times

- Big headshot bonus

Wait, big headshot bonus is a negative? It's one of the best things about the game, super skillful. I prefer the burst fire weapons, can drop people insanely fast. Most guns feel laser accurate too, and ADS is only needed at very long range, not to be more accurate, but just because it can be hard to see them. 

My biggest gripe is the active healing stations, very powerful but not too broken. It requires a ton of teamwork too, and not just team-shooting. 

I played it when it was still in alpha and I thought it was pretty fun then. I tried playing it after release, and the F2P model really turned me off entirely.

The rarer cards are cosmetic stuff only. You can also trade up lower end cards easily to get the card that has the three perks, which is the only thing that could be an advantage. There is no advantage given to a player who uses real cash over a player who just unlocks through playing. 

I mean, I've gone 60 something and 5 with one of the starter cards and class. 

The rarer cards are cosmetic stuff only. You can also trade up lower end cards easily to get the card that has the three perks, which is the only thing that could be an advantage. There is no advantage given to a player who uses real cash over a player who just unlocks through playing. 

And how long does it take to actually unlock new characters and weapons? I recall there only being the weekly rental player when you start out, and nothing more.

I dislike these "it's not paying to win if you have to grind for a bunch of hours" setups in games as of late. I blame League for popularizing it.

Wait, big headshot bonus is a negative? It's one of the best things about the game, super skillful. I prefer the burst fire weapons, can drop people insanely fast. Most guns feel laser accurate too, and ADS is only needed at very long range, not to be more accurate, but just because it can be hard to see them. 

My biggest gripe is the active healing stations, very powerful but not too broken. It requires a ton of teamwork too, and not just team-shooting. 

Big headshot bonus isn't a negative in itself. It is when the guns aren't accurate, the move speed is really fast, and the kill times are pretty damn long. It's the combination of all of those factors that makes the headshot bonus annoying. It's not like CS or Halo or hell even Call of duty when you definitely know you earned that headshot. You went for it, you got it. In Dirty Bomb they just sorta happen a lot of the time. I don't want to say random, but it FEELS random, because you're not in control enough because of the health and move speed. They have to be standing relatively still to really consistently land headshots without sorta lucking out.

But the game is really good. Like Sitri mentioned, the F2P model is a little tough to swallow, but I got a lot of hours into the game for free with just SKyhammer, so I don't complain.

Big headshot bonus isn't a negative in itself. It is when the guns aren't accurate, the move speed is really fast, and the kill times are pretty damn long. It's the combination of all of those factors that makes the headshot bonus annoying. It's not like CS or Halo or hell even Call of duty when you definitely know you earned that headshot. You went for it, you got it. In Dirty Bomb they just sorta happen a lot of the time. I don't want to say random, but it FEELS random, because you're not in control enough because of the health and move speed. They have to be standing relatively still to really consistently land headshots without sorta lucking out.

But the game is really good. Like Sitri mentioned, the F2P model is a little tough to swallow, but I got a lot of hours into the game for free with just SKyhammer, so I don't complain.

The guns are insanely accurate and if you are good enough to track the head the kill times are faster than anything in Halo, except a 3sk in CE. 

Edit: Anyway, I know the game can be dividing. More Halo 5 talk. 

That'd be cool but that hasn't been the case. It feels as if things have been shoehorned into the game rather than added to work within Halo, for past games at least.

I agree history has not been kind in this area, that doesn't mean it's impossible, or all that difficult.

Just found out I can use my PC audio dac/amp with my Xbox One while using the party chat feature in the Xbox app to chat with my PC mic which is way better. Finally! 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree history has not been kind in this area, that doesn't mean it's impossible, or all that difficult.

I agree. I don't think Prometheon Vision is good for Halo, but would have at least tried to figure out a way to balance it.

Ask me what I think about the casual fan's opinion on competitive Halo.

You got it boss, what do you think about the casuals opinion on competitive halo?

I agree. I don't think Prometheon Vision is good for Halo, but would have at least tried to figure out a way to balance it.

well usually I'm talking about a concept like Spartan abilities, which I think has so much potential to be an amazing addition to what halo actually is, it doesn't have to change that.