CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Its not even funny how much playing on a smaller monitor improves the graphics. I have my Xbox hooked up to my second pc monitor so I can just swap it over whenever I want and things like aliasing benefit so much from not having the image stretched to 30"+

I remember refusing to play on a 27" HD Monitor back when Halo 3 was popular. I was still enjoyin dat CRT.

Fan teaser for Hunt the Truth from FERO's voice actor. Pretty cool.

Nows the time for everyone to go back into their post history and cover up the negativity before jumping on the hype bandwagon Kappa

I will still play this game with a critic eye. I think the pro gameplay i saw kver the weekend was enough for me to know ill have fun, but the damn servers better be flawless.

Yes because the difference in a single decimal point is surely the final nail in the coffin. How about you actually read the reviews?

I don't even mean to single you out but people really do put a crazy amount of weight in metacritic scores, even when they differ so slightly.

It was more of a snide remark toward Halo 4 more than it was anything serious toward ratings. I don't need the opinion of some random people who most likely know nothing about the extended lore to form an opinion on the storytelling.

Also, I don't think it's smart to suggest reading the reviews while the game isn't even out and spoilers are still very much a thing.

I don't think it's possible to make a worse game than Halo 4 even if you tried to, so this seems weird to me.

Reviewers aren't liking the story from what I'm seeing

It was more of a snide remark toward Halo 4 more than it was anything serious toward ratings. I don't need the opinion of some random people who most likely know nothing about the extended lore to form an opinion on the storytelling.

Also, I don't think it's smart to suggest reading the reviews while the game isn't even out and spoilers are still very much a thing.

Yea thats fair, although I think its sort of an unwritten professional standard to not include spoilers unless stated otherwise. Although what one person considers a spoiler might not be something anyone else cares about so yea, it might be best to just leave them.

I'm pretty impressed with the amount of sites holding off giving their final thoughts until the servers get properly tested day 1. Metacritic visibility is huge for these sites so going down the "review in progress" route is somewhat admirable imo

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm pretty impressed with the amount of sites holding off giving their final thoughts until the servers get properly tested day 1. Metacritic visibility is huge for these sites so going down the "review in progress route" is somewhat admirable imo

"Rest of Review Coming Soon".

Daqn88M.jpg

I know a few more Halo 5 reviews come out, here are all the new FPS Halo metacritic scores.

Well to be fair theres only like 5 reviews up and one is 70 so that drags the average down.

From what I've seen so far from Pro streams, I am liking how this game plays out. Sprint is RARELY used, like ever. Most people use it for a few seconds off spawn then only for jumps afterwards.

Gunplay looks pretty great, I've seen a lot of intense battles and 1v1s. Only problem I have is the chaotic result of having so many viable weapons. Its almost like a coin toss if the weapon you are holding will be right for the situation at hand. Perhaps its just the players feeling out the sandbox, it will probably stabilize with time.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Reach is crazy overrated.

No it wasn't.

For casual gamers (How I was when it released and how most reviewers are with Halo) It was incredible.

Campaign was solid and looked amazing, massive Firefight potential, HUGE community and support for casual game modes like Multiteam, Infection, Customs, Action Sack, Grif Ball.

Huge customisation, by far the most in the series. Cool gimmicky armour abilities like Armour Lock, Holigram and sprint. Poorly designed but amazing looking, unique maps. Huge weapon sandbox full of cool, unique, fun weapons. Forge World.

Halo Reach was a casual players wet dream. It's sales and population for a time when CoD was so dominant is a testament to that.

From what I've seen so far from Pro streams, I am liking how this game plays out. Sprint is RARELY used, like ever. Most people use it for a few seconds off spawn then only for jumps afterwards.

Gunplay looks pretty great, I've seen a lot of intense battles and 1v1s. Only problem I have is the chaotic result of having so many viable weapons. Its almost like a coin toss if the weapon you are holding will be right for the situation at hand. Perhaps its just the players feeling out the sandbox, it will probably stabilize with time.

People can be "one utility weapon matters" whores but imo I like seeing new guns in the mix

• Upvote (+1) 4

No it wasn't.

For casual gamers (How I was when it released and how most reviewers are with Halo) It was incredible.

Campaign was solid and looked amazing, massive Firefight potential, HUGE community and support for casual game modes like Multiteam, Infection, Customs, Action Sack, Grif Ball.

Huge customisation, by far the most in the series. Cool gimmicky armour abilities like Armour Lock, Holigram and sprint. Poorly designed but amazing looking, unique maps. Huge weapon sandbox full of cool, unique, fun weapons. Forge World.

Halo Reach was a casual players wet dream. It's sales and population for a time when CoD was so dominant is a testament to that.

Like I said earlier, as far as game campaigns go I have always thought Halo's were quite weak (although I do like the actual story itself) so Reach didn't really do anything for me there. I agree it had a lot of customization and the way everything meshed together so seemlessly (partly because of the gorgeous menus) was fantastic. The music was also absolutely top notch as always.

In my opinion the uninspired level design, atrocious motion blur (yes this truly was that big of a deal to me), ranking system, and underwhelming gunplay sullied my experience with it. I suppose "crazy overrated" was an exaggeration, but I just never really took to the game like a lot of other people did.

Been spectating a few games now:

Reticles don't always turn red when aimed at a player

The delay is currently up to a minute

Similar to what we saw at gamescom, the reticle is off

Hopefully these can all be improved.