CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Why does 343 have this "sustain" plan when Black Ops 3 and Fallout 4 release in like a month?

It's kind of scary that 343 makes pretty much 99% of their money at launch. They literally have zero incentive to make Halo 5 last awhile.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Why does 343 have this "sustain" plan when Black Ops 3 and Fallout 4 release in like a month?

It's kind of scary that 343 makes pretty much 99% of their money at launch. They literally have zero incentive to make Halo 5 last awhile.

Knowledge of the gaming industry, lack you do.

Yoda_SWSB.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

When did Gamesager go from being the banshee champion in Reach to pulling 1,300 viewers?

He built a good base streaming Destiny. 

Would be nice to have another "Bomb Planted" episode after the game drops to get a feel for how the beyond community is enjoying the game. 

Or maybe after the honey moon period  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yo, someone else who lives in Calgary. I think that's three of us now.

If you have digital, you'll be able to play at 10:00pm.

Question, I live in Calgary, Canada. Mountain Time. That means I'll be able to play the game at 10pm Mountain Time? Sweet.

Red Deer guy here. Cool to know there are some people on here that are near me!

Less than 24 hours everyone, so hyped!

• Upvote (+1) 2

Made sure I did all my homework done by Monday so I can play midnight. Shall be a good time

I procrastinated on all my homework & its due Tuesday by midnight....

I procrastinated on all my homework & its due Tuesday by midnight....

The joys of being a loser and not having to go to school or work.

Literally the only benefit.

After skimming through some reviews, seems most reviewers feel the campaign isn't all that. Should still be a solid campaign, just not breathtaking. 

Still excited to play through it though! :D 

and IGN says "Halo 5: Guardians has the best combat in a Halo game yet.". Are we seriously looking at reviews now for opinions? Everyone is going to have a different opinion on the changes, see for yourself.

I wish that ntkrnl wasn't right about all of the H5 info in his leak. The Chief to Locke mission ratio looks really unbalanced.

With 343 saying that they want Halo to be about more characters than MC, and wanting to move away from numbered Halos, I have a bad feeling that Chief is going to die within the next couple games.

i dont know what to make of the reviews. Gaming has different spectrums. These reviews are from writers and for an audience that will play the game for 1 month max before they move on to the next title.

Then they are players like us who will stay till the bitter end, enjoying parts of the game we like everyday and hoping for things to get better.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Here's are the biggest compilations of reviews that I've been able to find

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/3q8lbz/halo_5_guardians_review_thread/

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/3q8h1c/halo_5_review_thread/

They even have Beyond :weback:

Edit: I'm not convinced that Time's reviewer has played a Halo game in the past.

So basically what I gather from this is Halo 5's story isn't that great. But I doubt it's worse than 4's.

So basically what I gather from this is Halo 5's story isn't that great. But I doubt it's worse than 4's.

You have underestimated Brain Reed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can none invited players now play MM??

Just tried starting my digital copy. Still says too early. Someone should hard reset and try to start their copy. Hard and digital.

Some things stood out to me today while watching a couple hours worth of streams:

1) BR looks so frickin easy it's starting to actually frustrate me. The pistol is such a great weapon yet the BR can get a perfect kill with minimal aiming skills. It may even be worse than H2A.

2) Thrust seems more annoying than sprint. It's so spastic and awkward that the people using it can turn on people or get away super easily. I'm starting to dislike it.

3) Aries really seems to be struggling. Maybe he hasn't played a lot or maybe I'm just seeing his bad games but he always seems to be struggling.

4) Scattershot and splinter nades seem borderline OP. I won't make a judgement before I play but a lot if pros seem to be complaining a lot about them.

5) Radar needs to REALLY be nerfed if they want to keep it in. Only show up while sprinting, thrusting, and maybe shooting. Maybe.

6) Seems like yet another game where strafing is non-existent. Hopefully that will be adjusted.

That's all I remember for now lol.