CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

A lot of people do. XD

I've read some stuff on reddit about it but im 90% sure the stories people write on there are full of shit

I haven't actually taken the time to look through your entire post, but why do you damn Eden for being all the same color, but later go on to praise Lockout?

Sorry, did this all on mobile, points got lost fast. I'll edit

Question, I live in Calgary, Canada. Mountain Time. That means I'll be able to play the game at 10pm Mountain Time? Sweet.

Yo, someone else who lives in Calgary. I think that's three of us now.

If you have digital, you'll be able to play at 10:00pm.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yo, someone else who lives in Calgary. I think that's three of us now.

If you have digital, you'll be able to play at 10:00pm.

SILOS, YOU FROM CALGARY!? Add me.

You buying Halo 5? We should play some MM after I beat the campaign with my bro.

• Upvote (+1) 1

[*] Halo 5 Eden

No clear cut middle of the map or areas that you should control.

[*] Halo 3 gaurdian

[*] Halo 5 Plaza

. No power areas. 

[*] Halo 5 The Rig

No power areas. 

How do you say any of these maps have no power areas? You just have to think about it

Eden: Rockets are outside (Both), Sniper at top blue (Slayer), Shotgun Security (Slayer), Camo Catwalk (Stronghold), OS Red nestish area (Stronghold) , Hydra at Red (Slayer)

Look at whats elevated. Blue. Now look where the good power weapons are, either at Blue (For slayer) or Outside area (Rockets). You want camo of course but Rockets are really good to have for any pushes. Stronghold has 3 positions you need to hold, Red Nest (LR spawns here), Blue Bend (Nothing spawns here) and Catwalk (Camo spawns here).

Theoretically, a good idea would be to hold Blue Bend and Red nest. You confirm you get Light Rifle, most likely OS and most likely Rockets. LR is strong as hell in this game and is being slept on, you should be grabbing it especially when no Sniper is in this gametype. Rockets are obvious and OS is always solid to have to gain control. Only thing you need to be careful for is Camo at Catwalk, which you can still push for considering you control Red Nest AND Blue Bend. Meaning for the most part, you control both bases so you can pinch them hard. 

Slayer has Rockets outside, Shotgun in Security and Sniper at top snipe. I'm thinking holding Blue in general for obvious reasons. if you can spread map control from Blue Bend to Catwalk you have Sniper most likely confirmed, Rockets are contested all the time and you can probably grab Shotgun (which is pretty strong in this game). Other team who doesn't have this has Hydra in Red base and LR red nest. LR can compete with snipe if he can either A) get the drop on him or B) Thrust to disorient snipe for a bit to put pressure on him. Most likely a scoped LR shot should make most competent players antsy to look outside again. Definitely if you can get 2 shots. Hydra can be used but not in enclosed areas. Probably a nice weapon to have for Rockets contesting though considering how open that area is. 

Anyways, winning team should probably hold Blue side and keep that area locked down. Losing team contest for Blue with the weapons you get on your side.

Plaza (only saw slayer) has Sniper, Hydra and OS. I actually only saw a few games of this but this map has verticality written on it. So far what I'm seeing be a good idea is control plaza sneaky to confirm OS and hold Snipe for obvious reasons. Not to mention the amount of LoS you get. Idk where Hydra spawns but holding the high vertical locations seems obvious.

Barely saw Rig but I wouldn't be surprised if there are power positions

Sure they're not as obvious as other maps (Fathom) but there are power positions. You just have to actually think. 

Edit: obviously I can be wrong on where the power positions are on this map but to say they have none is pretty ridiculous. 

Edit 2: forgot Hydra spawns at Garden on Plaza which is underneath Plaza sneaky. That area in general though doesn't look good to be in. That and cafe seem to be where the losing team are at

Edit: 3 actually after a friend talking to me, fuck Blue Bend lol. Control Cat for camo and rednest for OS then rotate for Rockets when they come up . Would rather have Cat for verticality and camo then confirmation of Rockets every time

• Upvote (+1) 4

SILOS, YOU FROM CALGARY!? Add me.

You buying Halo 5? We should play some MM after I beat the campaign with my bro.

I need your Gamertag first.

But yeah, I'm getting Halo 5 and I'm down to play. I doubt I'll be on much Tuesday, but we'll have to play at some point.

I need your Gamertag first.

But yeah, I'm getting Halo 5 and I'm down to play. I doubt I'll be on much Tuesday, but we'll have to play at some point.

Gt: ShadowHD09

We'll play, don't worry haha.

• Upvote (+1) 1

HWHbKL9.gif

If 343 were to introduce tea bag animation DLC for purchase I feel that this would be something I'd certainly get behind.

How do you say any of these maps have no power areas? You just have to think about it

Eden: Rockets are outside (Both), Sniper at top blue (Slayer), Shotgun Security (Slayer), Camo Catwalk (Stronghold), OS Red nestish area (Stronghold) , Hydra at Red (Slayer)

Look at whats elevated. Blue. Now look where the good power weapons are, either at Blue (For slayer) or Outside area (Rockets). You want camo of course but Rockets are really good to have for any pushes. Stronghold has 3 positions you need to hold, Red Nest (LR spawns here), Blue Bend (Nothing spawns here) and Catwalk (Camo spawns here).

Theoretically, a good idea would be to hold Blue Bend and Red nest. You confirm you get Light Rifle, most likely OS and most likely Rockets. LR is strong as hell in this game and is being slept on, you should be grabbing it especially when no Sniper is in this gametype. Rockets are obvious and OS is always solid to have to gain control. Only thing you need to be careful for is Camo at Catwalk, which you can still push for considering you control Red Nest AND Blue Bend. Meaning for the most part, you control both bases so you can pinch them hard.

Slayer has Rockets outside, Shotgun in Security and Sniper at top snipe. I'm thinking holding Blue in general for obvious reasons. if you can spread map control from Blue Bend to Catwalk you have Sniper most likely confirmed, Rockets are contested all the time and you can probably grab Shotgun (which is pretty strong in this game). Other team who doesn't have this has Hydra in Red base and LR red nest. LR can compete with snipe if he can either A) get the drop on him or B) Thrust to disorient snipe for a bit to put pressure on him. Most likely a scoped LR shot should make most competent players antsy to look outside again. Definitely if you can get 2 shots. Hydra can be used but not in enclosed areas. Probably a nice weapon to have for Rockets contesting though considering how open that area is.

Anyways, winning team should probably hold Blue side and keep that area locked down. Losing team contest for Blue with the weapons you get on your side.

Plaza (only saw slayer) has Sniper, Hydra and OS. I actually only saw a few games of this but this map has verticality written on it. So far what I'm seeing be a good idea is control plaza sneaky to confirm OS and hold Snipe for obvious reasons. Not to mention the amount of LoS you get. Idk where Hydra spawns but holding the high vertical locations seems obvious.

Barely saw Rig but I wouldn't be surprised if there are power positions

Sure they're not as obvious as other maps (Fathom) but there are power positions. You just have to actually think.

Edit: obviously I can be wrong on where the power positions are on this map but to say they have none is pretty ridiculous.

Edit 2: forgot Hydra spawns at Garden on Plaza which is underneath Plaza sneaky. That area in general though doesn't look good to be in. That and cafe seem to be where the losing team are at

Any area of any map can be a power area if you make a power weapon spawn there. I wasn't talking about that. I was more talking about natural power areas that are power areas because they overlook the whole map and are hard to reach quickly and are being fought over because they determine the outcome of the game regardless of power weapons. I don't see any of that in Halo 5 simply because they aren't there, and if they were there, escaping is way to fucking easy.

Any area of any map can be a power area if you make a power weapon spawn there. I wasn't talking about that. I was more talking about natural power areas that are power areas because they overlook the whole map and are hard to reach quickly and are being fought over because they determine the outcome of the game regardless of power weapons. I don't see any of that in Halo 5 simply because they aren't there, and if they were there, escaping is way to fucking easy.

lol

• Downvote (-1) 5

I've read some stuff on reddit about it but im 90% sure the stories people write on there are full of shit

Drug free, alcohol free > 

Don't care what is "kewl" and people who die from the shit and/or fuck their lives I have no sympathy for. Addiction is a choice and I choose not to be apart of it. This generation is seriously lacking of common sense

(Lol Howd we get here again?) 

On topic. Halo 5 in less than 24 hours!!! 

:weback:  :weback:  :weback:  :weback:  :weback:  :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 4

lol

Thanks for your input, Vin. I'll be sure to add "lol" to my discussions on the Halo 5 maps in the future!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks for your input, Vin. I'll be sure to add "lol" to my discussions on the Halo 5 maps in the future!

There's power positions on every map. Look harder.

My Gamestop might do a MCC tournament (for Halo 5 midnight release, it's a small gamestop) lol, about to get destroyed by everyone. Can't wait to be last place 

My Gamestop might do a MCC tournament (for Halo 5 midnight release, it's a small gamestop) lol, about to get destroyed by everyone. Can't wait to be last place 

If it was doubles, I'd love to carry you to victory. XP

• Upvote (+1) 1

If it was doubles, I'd love to carry you to victory. XP

Idk what it is, Just come to Louisiana and help me out mate. You might get a T shirt if you win 

On topic. Halo 5 in less than 24 hours!!!

:weback::weback::weback::weback::weback::weback:

tumblr_inline_nwqoaerX9G1ruzr08_500.gif
man that's a series I haven't watched in a while.

wait what. i have not seen Pegasus or Orion on streams.

i taught the rig, Eden, and plaza were inverse symmetrical (like Sanc). i must not be paying attention. plaza is a very hard map to watch for me, hard to tell what is going on

Pegasus and Orion have been a few streams but not that frequently on the Pros'

Yeah, Eden/Rig/Plaza are all asymmetrical and they are pretty baller