CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Well, I'm going dark on Tuesday but I probably won't have a reason to post anything tomorrow (not like anyone cared lol) till the release of Halo 5.  I'll be back when I finish the campaign.  So here is my leaving message, bye  :beyond: !

• Upvote (+1) 2

What's wrong with Stronghold again? I haven't heard you guys who are hating on it give 1 actual issue but more complaining for the sake of complaining.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

"The maps coming out during sustain are some of my favorite halo maps ever"-Neighbor

hype

He does work for 343i to be fair. That said I think the maps so far look good so I'm cautiously optimistic for future ones

• Upvote (+1) 1

Plaza seems the most interesting to me, I'll have to play it but I think I got the general layout down and it seems interesting. Also definitely one of the best looking maps besides Reflection in Reach. 

edit: Whoops we're talking about DLC lol my bad

If the maps are ready, why aren't they in the game at launch?  I can't stand holding back content for the sake of saying "look at all this free shit we are giving you" 

• Upvote (+1) 2

If the maps are ready, why aren't they in the game at launch?  I can't stand holding back content for the sake of saying "look at all this free shit we are giving you" 

Wait the first DLC they're handing us is already done? Lame 

What's wrong with Stronghold again? I haven't heard you guys who are hating on it give 1 actual issue but more complaining for the sake of complaining.

I didn't like the gametype in the beta because I had no idea what you were suppose to do. I also quit the beta after week 1.

I didn't like the gametype in the beta because I had no idea what you were suppose to do. I also quit the beta after week 1.

I suppose you didn't think about it for longer than 5 seconds? Hard to believe you could actually not know what to do after a few seconds in the very first game.

Wait the first DLC they're handing us is already done? Lame 

I just assumed that because neighbour seems to have a strong opinion about them.  They may not be complete.

Why do you guys continue to use "clutch plays" as one of the ways to judge whether a gametype is good or not? You can make a 1v3 clutch play in breakout...but guess what, it still sucks as a gametype. Now i'm not saying strongholds sucks, but having tense or clutch moments does not equal a good gametype. We can play any gametype in the history of halo and there will be moments like these.

Lol its like you took that part and then assumed thats why i like the game mode as a whole. Nah I think its cool because it allows that but it also puts more emphasis on control and breakong it and I thought it was fun to watch and play in the beta.

It's pretty simple, control 2 points to gain points. You cant get points if you just have 1 which fixes the issue Territories used to have where comebacks were practically impossible. You have to have solid map control to do well. Basically all there is to it. 

I just assumed that because neighbour seems to have a strong opinion about them.  They may not be complete.

They could just be in earlier/testing stages so I don't think that necessarily means they are done. I see what you're saying though but you could have strong opinions on just a layout of the map if you know what you're looking for. 

I supposed you didn't think about it for longer than 5 seconds? Hard to believe you could actually not know what to do after a few seconds in the very first game.

Exactly. Keep in mind I was already at a point where I didn't want to play anymore. I believe I started a game of Strongholds and after a minute or two I noticed that had all of them captured and then realized my team quit or something so I quit that game and never played the beta again. It was on Regret I believe.

• Downvote (-1) 1

They could just be in earlier/testing stages so I don't think that necessarily means they are done. I see what you're saying though but you could have strong opinions on just a layout of the map if you know what you're looking for. 

The game went gold about 3 weeks ago, anything being worked on currently obviously wasn't held back from the launch as it wouldn't have been ready on time. Its just another case of someone being too quick on the trigger when judging 343's actions

Also I've been watching Summit for over an hour now and they've yet to match against anything but another To4

• Upvote (+1) 3

What does everyone think about a Warzone Flood gametype? Floodzone? Instead of elites and prometheans there are just flood everywhere in a destroyed city like New Mombasa or something? We could finally see Flood Juggernauts from H2 make their debut in a Halo game as bosses.

Best. Map. EVER.

Starved of a true Flood experience in MP.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If the maps are ready, why aren't they in the game at launch? I can't stand holding back content for the sake of saying "look at all this free shit we are giving you"

Him enjoying the maps does not mean they're finished.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

After watching a lot of pro streams over the last few days I really don't know how people can say the maps look terrible. I won't be able to say for sure until I get my hands on them but they really are looking great so far. Eden slayer seems to flow very well

• Upvote (+1) 1