CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

And heavily filled with spoilers. Do not read if you want to go into the game dark on Tuesday.

The rollercoaster of feeling hype and then immediately losing it was so quick after reading that

When is it midnight in New Zealand?

It's already midnight in NZ.

Edit: Oops, it's noon there. It'll be midnight in NZ @ 7am EST.

Breakouts? The campy Slayer gametype? No idea how that becomes a viable competitive thing. Strongholds maybe but King> that.

breakout is absolute trash and is hilariously bad for competitive halo. I also agree king > strongholds.

• Upvote (+1) 2

breakout is absolute trash and is hilariously bad for competitive halo. I also agree king > strongholds.

Something something even played the final build? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Again completely wrong. I don't understand people's obsession with "must get into any possible get instantly". I would easily take a long search time to find a good quality game over a fast search time just to be thrown in any available game.

Also it is not going to be "a bad match-up here and there" is it? Did you play mlg playlist reach or mcc as a to1/to2? Anyone that did can tell you that if you search as a to4, more often than not you're going to match randoms and crush them and that isn't fun for anyone (unless you're one of those people that love easy games and if so, why are you playing mlg playlist?) or on the other side if you're trying to search solo or with a friend you're going to match to4s constantly and again it's not remotely fun.

I don't know what system they used in Reach or MCC but I know for a fact that the Halo 5 system will try to find you an even match first. I just don't think its the end of the world but whatever

When is it midnight in New Zealand?

In 11 hrs 50 minutes.  Does the game go live exactly on the stroke of midnight, or is it normally a bit before?

It's already midnight in NZ.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=new%20zealand%20current%20time

In 11 hrs 50 minutes.  Does the game go live exactly on the stroke of midnight, or is it normally a bit before?

Probably earlier. I've heard mixed things about when whitelisting ends though. I've heard it depends on the region you are playing in but that explanation doesn't really make sense and sounds like too much work.

Usually it's a minute past midnight. I've read everywhere that the game launches at midnight of your own timezone, and not the 12/3 split you commonly see. But since we're wondering about whitelist, nobody knows how it will be for sure. The closest thing to a confirmation is Quinn saying probably monday.

I don't know what system they used in Reach or MCC but I know for a fact that the Halo 5 system will try to find you an even match first. I just don't think its the end of the world but whatever

It should try to only find an even match period. If you had the same experiences as many of us here you would think differently to that.

If they are so confident in this game and that it will hold a good population then party restrictions being put in place shouldn't be a problem as you'll always be able to find a game against an equal party...right?

How spoilery we talking here?

If you don't want to know the plot, do not read.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I wish King and strongholds were both in. Be a nice difference between the two where King is more mobile but Strongholds lets you make clutchs and comebacks. Breakout is ass tho

Usually it's a minute past midnight. I've read everywhere that the game launches at midnight of your own timezone, and not the 12/3 split you commonly see. But since we're wondering about whitelist, nobody knows how it will be for sure. The closest thing to a confirmation is Quinn saying probably monday.

In regards to whitelist

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=182864927&postcount=6503

I'm curious to see who from this thread ends up buying the game. If you're in here all day complaining about Halo 5 then its sort of strange either way because:

1. You don't buy it and so you really are wasting your time in here.

2. You do buy it and I'm even more confused. Laughing at the lack of gametypes and constantly berating 343i's business model but then getting sucked into it anyway.

Its a strange one

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 7

but Strongholds lets you make clutchs and comebacks.

Why do you guys continue to use "clutch plays" as one of the ways to judge whether a gametype is good or not? You can make a 1v3 clutch play in breakout...but guess what, it still sucks as a gametype. Now i'm not saying strongholds sucks, but having tense or clutch moments does not equal a good gametype. We can play any gametype in the history of halo and there will be moments like these.

Why wouldnt king AND strongholds be in the final build together?

Strongholds wasn't meant to replace KOTH, I thought. 

So that's 2 people saying monday, and 1 referencing 7am est. Noice.

I'm surprised Frankie uses gaf, place is a cesspool.

7am est is midnight in New Zealand.

TBH It'll probably be up a little bit earlier than that.

It should try to only find an even match period. If you had the same experiences as many of us here you would think differently to that.

If they are so confident in this game and that it will hold a good population then party restrictions being put in place shouldn't be a problem as you'll always be able to find a game against an equal party...right?

Thats fair. It still doesn't really bother me at all but I can see why people would be upset

Why do you guys continue to use "clutch plays" as one of the ways to judge whether a gametype is good or not? You can make a 1v3 clutch play in breakout...but guess what, it still sucks as a gametype. Now i'm not saying strongholds sucks, but having tense or clutch moments does not equal a good gametype. We can play any gametype in the history of halo and there will be moments like these.

I had a lot of clutch killionaires in griffball back in the day.

I think 343 should publish a tentative post launch release schedule for all the features that they are releasing over the next 7 or 9 months. (however long the "sustain plan" is) That way people aren't so confused and don't have to guess or worry when the feature they want will be added. 

What's the point? Everything would just be listed as soon.... :P

• Upvote (+1) 1

So what's the deal with the whitelist? If you have an actual physical copy, you can play once they get rid of it? Because I'm not too sure what's going on, and I want to know when to go to sleep and wake up to optimize how long I can stay on during day 1.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So what's the deal with the whitelist? If you have an actual physical copy, you can play once they get rid of it? Because I'm not too sure what's going on, and I want to know when to go to sleep and wake up to optimize how long I can stay on during day 1.

Chances are very good that come 7am est if you have a disc copy you'll be able to play multiplayer. Not 100%.

Hell it'll probably be a few hours earlier than that.

• Upvote (+1) 2