CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

343's ego with not adding a population counter to the game is kinda similar to them not giving out certain copies to certain sites/communities. They just refuse to accept the cold hard truth at times. Do better and you will get better results, no pats on the back.

1002373-10207761361336432-18112314670327

• Upvote (+1) 6

Thats not true.

True. You would sometimes a match a part of 3 + random. Still...that's lightyears better than a to4 matching 4 solo players or a to2 and 2 solo players. Has anyone confirmed any of this in regards to h5?

Beat campaign yesterday, just patiently waiting for whitelist restriction to be removed like

0j9BJu5.jpg

But for real, some of you need to chill out and wait until the game actually drops. Especially those complaining about gametypes. Weekly playlist changes have always been a thing and I expect playlists to be updated as soon as they confirm everything works within the first week, and they get some data. And are we really bitching about no population counter? Really? Come on.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Thats not true.

Yes that is completely true.

To1s could only match to1s and to2s unless you were the "random" on a to3s team but that also meant the other team was made up of a to3+to1 as well.

To2s could only match to1s and to2s.

To3s could only match other to3s, if the search bar went one quarter of the way around without finding a to1 it would lock in as a 3v3 or if you found only one to1 and the bar went one quarter of the way around it would kick the to1 and you would lock in for a 3v3 (all of the 4v4 ranked playlists supported this unlike mcc for e.g where they NEED to be a 4v4).

To4s could ONLY match to4s, no exception.

True. You would sometimes a match a part of 3 + random. Still...that's lightyears better than a to4 matching 4 solo players or a to2 and 2 solo players. Has anyone confirmed any of this in regards to h5?

I asked the same question, someone replied to me saying if you're a to4, the game will try to match you against another to4 first but if it cannot find one it'll match you against anyone. So in other words it's going to still be to1/to2s playing to4s (again...) all day which is just pathetic.

Beat campaign yesterday, just patiently waiting for whitelist restriction to be removed like

0j9BJu5.jpg

But for real, some of you need to chill out and wait until the game actually drops. Especially those complaining about gametypes. Weekly playlist changes have always been a thing and I expect playlists to be updated as soon as they confirm everything works within the first week, and they get some data. And are we really bitching about no population counter? Really? Come on.

Weekly playlist changes are fine, I don't think anyone is complaining about that. The issue is, so many classic gametypes won't be there at launch and we have no idea when they'll show up.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It looks for the best match (4 vs 4, 3+1 vs 3+1 etc.) but if thats not found the parameters become less and less strict until it finds you a game.

0j9BJu5.jpg

If the only complaint/worry/concern was no population counter in H5 - then I could understand where you are coming from with this statement.

I asked the same question, someone replied to me saying if you're a to4, the game will try to match you against another to4 first but if it cannot find one it'll match you against anyone. So in other words it's going to still be to1/to2s playing to4s (again...) all day which is just pathetic.

fuckin garbage...wow

It looks for the best match (4 vs 4, 3+1 vs 3+1 etc.) but if thats not found the parameters become less and less strict until it finds you a game.

oh...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Weekly playlist changes are fine, I don't think anyone is complaining about that. The issue is, so many classic gametypes won't be there at launch and we have no idea when they'll show up.

I was only waiting for h3 mlg gametypes for eight-nine months... :UncleDrew:

Wait... Theres no King or Ball? Is this real life?

The two best OBJ gametypes not in the game wow, and neither is Bomb but flag gets to stay.....

Although there's no official answer, I'm inferring that the gametypes would be added with the playlists within a week or two, granted everything goes smooth, which its looking like it will. Hopefully.

If the only complaint/worry/concern was no population counter in H5 - then I could understand where you are coming from with this statement.

I don't consider a 'no population counter' a valid complaint.

After a certain amount of time searching I would rather just get put into a game instead of playing Lobby Simulator 2015. If the party vs party MM works 9 times out of 10 I can't really complain 

After a certain amount of time searching I would rather just get put into a game instead of playing Lobby Simulator 2015. If the party vs party MM works 9 times out of 10 I can't really complain 

waiting >>>> lopsided matches

Yea I think this system is the best tbh. Of course I'd like to play against another to4 but at the end of the day I just want to get into a game. Its a good compromise imo

Sorry for the double post but @@Sal1ent @@Deez can we expect some sort of calendar of projected add ons from launch until say Forge comes out? Or ideas on what you guys intend to do to for Weekend Socials?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah no.... Maybe for social where nothing is of any consequence but if you're playing for ranks this is unacceptable

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yeah obviously man.

Put as a traditional 4vs4 player, playing 2 objective gametypes and slayer on 5 maps for 2 months is going to get stale.

Just wondering what you would be doing in game?

5 maps?

it's fantasy...and 343 gave us that work again...

How is HCS even supposed to function like this? Yall just going to watch 11 matches of Slayer?

Yeah no.... Maybe for social where nothing is of any consequence but if you're playing for ranks this is unacceptable

lol you'd swear you're playing for money or something. A bad match-up here or there is worth it if more people get into games faster

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Teams of 4s should only match teams of 4s...period. If there isn't another team of 4s, then you shouldn't be able to play.

If you want ranks to have integrity and mean something, that's the only way it should be.

I'm fine with teams of 3 match two teams of 2 and two teams of 2 matching 4 solo players, but when you have a team of 4 all using mics, they need to match only teams of 4s since it's such a huge advantage playing as a team of 4 versus any thing else.

5 maps?

It's best if you just ignore that guy

How is HCS even supposed to function like this? Yall just going to watch 11 matches of Slayer?

We have CTF, Strongholds, and Breakout(in which they intend to tweak based on feedback. inb4 "huehuehue 343 changing stuff")

lol you'd swear for playing for money or something. A bad match-up here or there is worth it if more people get into games faster

I have to be playing for money to want fair games and to not match a TO4 with mics while I have SpartanDave23453 on my team? Stop it 

• Upvote (+1) 1