CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

We will always be fair with our critiques with the game.

With respect, that doesn't mean much coming from you as a representative of this community as opposed to you as a representative of this website.

Regardless of your public opinion and ability to critique from an unbiased standpoint, you're also "influenced" by whatever this community's general opinion is on the game by association, even if that's not necessarily true. And as an owner of this website, you have a vested interest in its community's opinion, even if, again, that's not necessarily true.

And this community's opinion has been mood swing after mood swing with a negative net position on the satisfaction scale.

Even if your professionalism commits you to remain unbiased in spite of that vested interest, it's still very easy to assume from a business standpoint that you'll support your "property" over theirs.

• Upvote (+1) 2

When 343 was being deceptive about the number of maps, how did they not think that people could see that it's mostly forged and remakes.

I

Don't

Get

It

Also enough of midship remakes, jesus.

Also, when the hell is this whitelist ending. Have they officially specified yet?

Quinn said it was looking like Monday

How long do they seriously expect 3 warzone maps, a couple arena maps and a limited amount of gametypes and playlists to sustain a healthy population before they update the game with new stuff?

Until November, when most casual players swap over to Battlefront. If players are looking to be engaged by Warzone, they can easily play a better version in Battlefront to some extent. 

Until November, when most casual players swap over to Battlefront. If players are looking to be engaged by Warzone, they can easily a better version in Battlefront to some extent. 

As much as I like the Battlefront Beta, it won't last long either

So spread is definitely tighter still with ADS. GG 343 

Why wouldn't it be? That's how things work in everything.

Until November, when most casual players swap over to Battlefront. If players are looking to be engaged by Warzone, they can easily a better version in Battlefront to some extent. 

You mean when they switch to CoD a week later.

• Upvote (+1) 1

With respect, that doesn't mean much coming from you as a representative of this community as opposed to you as a representative of this website.

Regardless of your public opinion and ability to critique from an unbiased standpoint, you're also "influenced" by whatever this community's general opinion is on the game by association, even if that's not necessarily true. And as an owner of this website, you have a vested interest in its community's opinion, even if, again, that's not necessarily true.

And this community's opinion has been mood swing after mood swing with a negative net position on the satisfaction scale.

Even if your professionalism commits you to remain unbiased in spite of that vested interest, it's still very easy to assume from a business standpoint that you'll support your "property" over theirs.

While I love(d) the Halo series, if you think we (the staff here) aren't completely honest and upfront about our thoughts regarding the franchise then I don't know what more I can really say. You have to remember a strong niche of this website comes from the competitive side which has been mostly dismantled since 2010 until HCS started happening. This is a hobby site, we do it for fun and the love of the community even though at times it does feel like a job here.

We really hope you guys think we have the best interests, and our honest with our intentions and thoughts on the series.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yea it won't, but people tend to like the new, shiny things.

That's not a game that necessarily needs to last long. It will always have a medium size group of people casually playing the game as long as the game works

Why wouldn't it be? That's how things work in everything.

You mean when they switch to CoD a week later.

Oh, I forgot that Black Ops comes out first. So Black Ops is accurate lol. 

Pretty eye opening

Why is it that every time somebody makes one of these videos, they are littered with inaccurate information? It makes it hard for me to take them seriously.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Thats when 343 will throw some more content out.

But the BR's accuracy increased when zooming in Halo 3.

Halo 3? BR? Accuracy? 

What are these words doing in the same sentence? 

• Upvote (+1) 6

But the BR's accuracy increased when zooming in Halo 3.

How comparable do you think this is with ADS on automatics?

Not that I mind the AR being more accurate, but it is curious that they said it wouldn't be originally.

Yea, AR scope battles were so fun in the BETA. 

Yea I don't really mind the autos having a more accurate spread when scoped but odd he said no penalty for hip firing. I guess he's right that there is no movement penalty lol

I'm also fine with it because of headshot multipliers so it's really whatever to me at least