CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Pretty eye opening

Too much post launch content.

Sadly he may be right that H5 is pulling a Titan Fail.

You guys think Reqs alone and Arena will hold the interest of newcomers?

As much as I agree with some of the things they say, I'm getting tired of this sudden rise of YouTubers who do nothing but state the obvious without bringing anything really new to the table. They just pander to an unsatisfied community by saying things that the community would mostly agree with, the first person to do it without a doubt was that Dobbins fellow. His original videos made some valid points but when he started doing shock tactics it became clear that he was just uploading content with clickbait titles just to get views/subscribers.

I mean, if people want to capitalize on that sort of thing then more power to them but all they end up doing is getting ridiculous hashtags being spammed on any Halo related video they can find because they think spamming a worthless hashtag on a random persons video is going to force Halo to change to the way they want it. I've personally removed and blocked comments and people on YouTube for repeatedly posting that #SaveMCCFirst garbage. Once is fine, but if you're posting it more than ten times you can kiss my arse.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Too much post launch content.

Sadly he may be right that H5 is pulling a Titan Fail.

You guys think Reqs alone and Arena will hold the interest of newcomers?

Arena is just a fancy name for what Bungie used to call matchmaking and 343 called War Games in Halo 4. It won't have any special pull because of its name. I am, however, excited for the new ranking system, like a lot of people, probably.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He articulated what has been in my mind perfectly.

Yep, and that was a well organized and coherent rant that actually made a point and defended it. I personally will be waiting to buy Halo 5. I'm getting it at Redbox and beating campaign and playing some multiplayer for a couple days. After that I'll wait for it them to actually finish the game before I buy it. 

This game looks pretty good however I am worried about a few things. These could change at launch when I play the game but this is from watching pro streams.

1. Bullet magnetism is a little too high. Sniper is too easy.

2. There are no memorable maps besides warzone maps. I am afraid of another Halo Reach and Halo 4 where there are no good maps and have to rely on Forge.

3. The pistol is underpowered in its current state with it being a 5sk with 12 bullets making you have to rely on team shooting.

Game looks solid though. Just fix a few problems and it will be a fun game to play.

• Upvote (+1) 1

its really annoying that 343 can't include all the basic features halo players expect in a game they've been developing for nearly 5 years

if that isn't incompetence i don't know what is

I've been away from Halo for 6 months can anyone give me a brief summary of what has happened? 

It really sucks that the game is shipping with only 4 gamemodes, a lot of content is missing and Forge is not present right away, BUT, to be fair, I wanted to point out that in every other Halo game we had to wait a lot to have Community Creations into matchmaking, so much that we could consider that the "Post-launch" content. In Halo 5 we are getting "community creations" (Swat, Breakout, Forge maps) right away and the missing stuff as Post-launch content. It doesn't make much sense to me to do it this way, but, not counting custom games, there should be enough content in Matchmaking to keep us playing until everything else gets released.

Have to wonder if the lack of features and gamrtypes could have played in to what I'm about to say..

Some of you may have read about this in the HCS thread, but for those who have messaged us about our review and impressions for Halo 5: Guardians, unfortunately we haven’t received a media or review copy from 343i (yes all the appropriate info was sent in). With that, we hope to have multiplayer impressions and tip videos on our Youtube channel over the next few weeks, we may even throw in a liveshow if we can get the crew together again.

Either way, see everyone on battlefield on Tuesday!

Darn, Can't get it why they couldn't give the copy if some youtubers got it... :/

This game looks pretty good however I am worried about a few things. These could change at launch when I play the game but this is from watching pro streams.

1. Bullet magnetism is a little too high. Sniper is too easy.

2. There are no memorable maps besides warzone maps. I am afraid of another Halo Reach and Halo 4 where there are no good maps and have to rely on Forge.

3. The pistol is underpowered in its current state with it being a 5sk with 12 bullets making you have to rely on team shooting.

Game looks solid though. Just fix a few problems and it will be a fun game to play.

How can you be so sure that none of the maps will be memorable when we haven't even been playing on them?

Darn, Can't get it why they couldn't give the copy if some youtubers got it... :/

Yea, it's a bit disheartening as one of the few remaining true Halo communities around. Oh well, release is just under 2 days now.

After Halo 4 and MCC, I'd rather have a game that's fun with less features than a boring game with a ton of features that no one will play with or use. Yes, it's very frustrating and disappointing to hear about all of this, but I just want to play some damn Halo. Arena looks fun as hell to me. I've been wanting a ranking system like this for a looooong time.

• Upvote (+1) 7

famous last words: is there fall damage?

No fall damage, not in campaign at least.

Fayvn usually brings up good points and I agree with him, he just sounds like an asshole as he talks in his videos lol.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

How can you be so sure that none of the maps will be memorable when we haven't even been playing on them?

I'm talking about from what I've seen when watching pro streams. Half the maps look like each other I could almost swear that Empire and Eden are literally the same exact map. Do we really need two midships? The maps don't really have that one thing about them aesthetically that makes them stand out. Half of them are in a city with no atmosphere. Like I said maybe my opinion will change when the game comes out.

Its pretty funny how certain people are about the quality of the maps without having even played them. There's very little "These maps looks bad" and a lot of "Well we already know the maps are terrible". I mean it works both ways and to say I know they're going to be great would be equally foolish, but I do think they look quite good (for the most part).

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah, I definitely don't take pre-release judgement of maps seriously. I remember when people were praising Swordbase before the Halo: Reach beta.  :wutface:

Yeah, I definitely don't take pre-release judgement of maps seriously. I remember when people were praising Swordbase before the Halo: Reach beta.  :wutface:

Camping top green lift on that map was so fun, especially against a team of guests.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Fayvn usually brings up good points and I agree with him, he just sounds like an asshole as he talks in his videos lol.

B-but gals like assholes :kappa:

We've been so stuck up in demanding acceptable vanilla setting that we forgot forge and customs.

This is our fault guys. :kappa:

But really,

Things like Jenga, Duckhunt and Infection are shit alot of people enjoy. I remember how bad off the race community was when H4 launched with no file share to say the least. Now whoever enjoys forging and actually creating new content needs to wait a few months for the population to degrade.

This isn't good for the long run to say the least.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCcmrL29WII

I know fuck vanilla settings, but Reach was a goldmine for people who wanted to build something. And let's not forget, the last game with a working file share on launch.

Edit: also Falcon.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Hopefully they speed up the timeline of releasing content and gamemodes.

BTB and KotH/Oddball/Assault SHOULD be in the next 2 weeks or the game will probably suffer.

It's a shame having a game this good with less content this time around. 

Sword base was the worst but I actually thought Powerhouse was a bit of fun. I wouldn't argue it was a fantastic map or anything but I had a lot of fun games on it.

That said Reach was almost unplayable for me regardless of the map quality and its for a reason I never really see brought up: It was the blurriest fucking game I have ever played. I don't know if it was the type of anti aliasing they used or if it was a separate motion blur effect added on top but holy shit, even just moving your gun around made it look so hazy. A sharp contrast to Halo 3's clear as day visuals. Even thinking about it makes me nauseas

The first month of release needs to see new gametypes every week, permanent gametypes, in order for it to not be an issue.

I really hope this game doesn't die because of the missing content.

• Upvote (+1) 1