CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

"Okay guys, we can only make a few camos, let's make them count. Anyone have any ideas?"

"I know! How about MINT FUCKING GREEN AND PUKE ORANGE! GOES TOGETHER LIKE PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY!"

You have to wonder what goes through some people's heads.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I remember getting halo 4 early, got to play campaign mp the night of the 5th, it was nice until I figured out what halo 4 was.

The whitelist is to hopefully avoid giving the press or major streamers any bad coverage or experiences with multiplayer. For those not aware, pro players are on a strict schedule with matchmaking until release.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I've noticed Ogre 2's first 4 shots hit with the pistol but his fifth shot is literally robbing him of kills. Almost as if he's shooting blanks. BR seems to do the opposite. I've seen about 5-10 kills on his stream alone where his 4th shot was around a corner.

The whitelist is to hopefully avoid giving the press or major streamers any bad coverage or experiences with multiplayer. For those not aware, pro players are on a strict schedule with matchmaking until release.

They can only play at night afaik.

I'm really hoping the whitelist ends tomorrow and not on Monday. :/

• Upvote (+1) 1

But a four shot would increase the pace of the game, while empowering the player more. I'd shoot for a 4sk buff.

Agree to dissagree, to me The pace so far is pretty good, especially during objective types. Slayer no matter what halo has had the potential to be slow or fast depending on the teams stlye

There is a big difference between a game with loadouts, no weapons on map, randomly called down power weapons, inconsequential sprint, flinch, no descope, and a game like Halo 5. Sure we should wait a while to start proclaiming the game good, but the same can be said for saying the game is bad when you haven't even played it.

Agree to dissagree, to me The pace so far is pretty good, especially during objective types. Slayer no matter what halo has had the potential to be slow or fast depending on the teams stlye

I meant by default, in terms of killtimes, not by team-style, or playstyle. Everything's just a tad slow, and buffing the Magnum would push us towards more individualized gameplay on top of other things; stuff we haven't generally seen in 14 years in a Halo past CE.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If anybody is looking to lose a few brain cells, I got you covered.

141fc071e47cb9b2008101bebb209d2d.png

Haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate.

Shit is gonna be good though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Selling out...how?

No idea.

I personally cannot wait to play a Halo game with an actual spectator mode, so we can you know - actually create content around the title without wanting to rip our own eyes out.

• Upvote (+1) 2

There is a big difference between a game with loadouts, no weapons on map, randomly called down power weapons, inconsequential sprint, flinch, no descope, and a game like Halo 5. Sure we should wait a while to start proclaiming the game good, but the same can be said for saying the game is bad when you haven't even played it.

Worse case scenario Halo 5 is 100 times better than Halo 4.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I meant by default, in terms of killtimes, not by team-style, or playstyle. Everything's just a tad slow, and buffing the Magnum would push us towards more individualized gameplay on top of other things; stuff we haven't generally seen in 14 years in a Halo past CE.

In terms of individual skill showing I think halo 3 showed that best and kill times where fairly slow. I think kill times and pace have a lot to do with map flow also.

Halo ce had very fast times and I don't think that game played great for 4v4, 2v2 was the bread and butter. 4v4 hangum high was basically the only legit 4v4map.

It absolutely cannot get worse than Halo 4. 

Famous last last last last words 

We said that about Halo: Reach. 

Stop jinxing it.

• Upvote (+1) 7

It absolutely cannot get worse than Halo 4. 

Famous last last last last words 

famous last words: is there fall damage?

No idea.

I personally cannot wait to play a Halo game with an actual spectator mode, so we can you know - actually create content around the title without wanting to rip our own eyes out.

image.jpg

I agree that I'd rather the pistol be a 4sk, but then there would be no incentive to pick up any of the other utility weapons on the map.

• Upvote (+1) 1

An SMG that fires rockets. A man can dream right?

I spent way too much time with modders on OG Halo 2...

Haha speaking of that i still have my hard modded og xbox with the h2 mods on it. Wish you could bring those into customs.

@@Sal1ent will we be able to choose which server we connect to as was stated in the post-beta blog?

Really hoping Aus/NZ players aren't shut away from the rest of the community like with MCC until recently.

• Upvote (+1) 1