CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Ok I might be dull for asking but a few of my m8s are playing missions right now? But when I go to load it I get dlc is required now I assume I gotta wait till the 27? Till full patch? Or is there a way around this?

Is the SPNKr also not usable in Arena?

if 343 decides it should be in arena, they'll put it in arena.
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ok I might be dull for asking but a few of my m8s are playing missions right now? But when I go to load it I get dlc is required now I assume I gotta wait till the 27? Till full patch? Or is there a way around this?

If you have the Halo 5 disc, go to your Xbox One Settings, go to Network Settings, then select Go Offline. Now enjoy Halo 5 campaign!

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anybody else torn between pre-loading the game so it's ready at midnight, or going to the store to get it then having to wait almost 2 days for it to install? Because that's where I'm at... I have a $15 off anything coupon at Bestbuy that I can use to get the game. But idk if I wanna wait another 2 days for it to install so I can play it.

Why would installing it take 2 days?

yea....in the form of a "legendary weapon"...utterly stupid. There is no reason why this shouldn't be the default skin for the weapon instead of that hideous modernized version. Stop destroying the identity of my favorite franchise.

This is nothing to celebrate. We shouldn't have to be happy about something like this.

:salt:

What's the overall opinion of "watch-ability" and map design?

Seen kind of a mixed bag of opinions so far

If legendary weapons aren't available in customs, that will be the most absolutely fucking ridiculous thing 343 has ever done.

If the Legendary pistol is a 3sk with projectile bullet physics and lowish bullet magnetism, I'll actually get H5. As long as it's available in customs anyways. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Seems fine as far as Halo goes.

Will always be more fun to play than to watch.

You can pull any quote you want but I'm sitting here watching him hit consistent 4 shots.

I guarantee if the game goes to Br starts that you will see "perfect kills" under teh stats menu go from about a 3-5 kills svg to about 10. The gun is stupidly easy to use, that's bad for a competitive game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

yea....in the form of a "legendary weapon"...utterly stupid. There is no reason why this shouldn't be the default skin for the weapon instead of that hideous modernized version. Stop destroying the identity of my favorite franchise.

This is nothing to celebrate. We shouldn't have to be happy about something like this.

Agreed. This pic just made me mad they spent the time to create this but still have that shitty looking rocket launcher in as default. 

Yea...that's it. Enjoy 343 throwing you a bone to shut up the complaining in the form of req packs.....lol

I honestly couldn't care less what the rockets look like. I really don't understand why people are crying about something so trivial.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I honestly couldn't care less what the rockets look like. I really don't understand why people are crying about something so trivial.

Because we care. 

Because we care. 

I care about the game being good. I don't care about what the weapons look like. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

meh

the maps kill the watch-ability for me. These UNSC maps are terrible.

Yeah I could care less what the weapons look like anymore. I was annoyed by it at first but it's got it's own unique look and I know somewhere some artist worked hard on putting their own stamp on halo.

I'm just glad it was buffed since the beta. Rockets are good now.

Maps are sub par but better than anything we saw in HR/4 and pro play is insane and very entertaining. Personally, I have high expectation in the future.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Anyone have a video of the custom game options? Just saw Hysteria go through them way too quick. Saw some strafe sliders and all kinds of good stuff.