CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

These maps are the worst maps in the history of Halo bar none. The majority of the maps seem to be some generic cityscape map with 1000 ledges and boxes and spheres. You can literally turn and run behind a 100 different things in seconds.

In my opinion, this game will get old very quick based on the maps alone.

I beg to differ...

Reflection, blood gulch, countdown, boardwalk, construct, last resort and sand trap are the worst maps to ever grace halo

@@Sal1ent I honestly think you guys shouldn't restrict maps to modes at launch like you're planning on doing.I know you plan on adding more maps to the mode rotation but it shouldn't be locked in the first place.

I'm concerned about their not being social playlists at launch and concerned about how starting weapons will be handled. Don't know what's going to happen in the months to come after launch.

Everyone trying to justify the lack of various features (Forge, theater, various gametypes, the list goes on), keep this is mind:

Editing is probably 80% of what I do with Halo at this point. Because theater is essentially useless, that means 80% of what I enjoy about Halo is out the window. The same is true for any of the features that have been taken out: there are people for whom 80% of what they do with Halo is forge, or split screen, or BTB, or whatever.

Speaking personally this is a huge blow for my potential enjoyment of Halo 5. The same can be said for anyone who's losing a feature they love.

Don't blow it off just because 80% of what you do with Halo is grind competitive playlists. We should all be able to do what we enjoy.

Have you even played the game yet? :moa smug face:

I think they will after HCS season 3. Complaints about the gun being hard to use and netting barely a kill from one mag I think will make them reconsider it's damage. If they make it 4sk we'll be golden in terms of starting weapons.

I think there's a better chance of having higher mag than a 4sk pistol.

What's the deal with file share? All I find is people mourning it.

No need for a fileshare without Forge is probably the mindset atm. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Essplain.

Ogre2 is landing headshots to the left, right, up, down, 4th dimension of peoples' heads with the DMR and BR, and then with the pistol he can't challenge at range at all and a lot of people are getting away. 

These maps are starting to remind me of Reach:: They all look the same......... The only maps that standout are truth and regret, everything else is gray forge pieces.

• Upvote (+1) 2

5s4Vs4A.jpg

EphOhCn.jpg

xkPjsPZ.jpg

Compare any of the city maps in Halo 5 to Foundry on Halo 3 or lockout on Halo 2.

Compare the outdoor maps in Halo 5 to Sanctuary on Halo 2 or Gaurdian on Halo 3.

The Halo 5 maps are absolutely atrocious.

You can add abilities to Halo on maps like Sanctuary, Lockout, The Pit, Gaurdian, etc and the only thing that will change is people sprinting away a tad more.

When you fundamentally change the map designs to that of Halo 5, you get 100x more problems.

Halo used to be about simplicity. Less is more. Now look at the maps. Tunnels, ramps, staircases, boxes, spheres, ledges, windows, EVERYWHERE.

Look at narrows in Halo 3. Such a simple fucking map but it was so awesome. 343 has yet to deliver anything CLOSE to that map.

And we only get 8 maps right now. 2 of which are forge. And 2 maps are remakes of the other 2 maps.

And we don't even have forge to make maps right now.

And we only have 2 objective gametypes on the limited maps.

Not trying to be negative, but this is a huge problem IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Ogre2 is landing headshots to the left, right, up, down, 4th dimension of peoples' heads with the DMR and BR, and then with the pistol he can't challenge at range at all and a lot of people are getting away. 

Yeah the pistol doesn't look to effective at range- it reminds me of the H3 BR. You can lower their shields, but no way in hell will you kill him. 

Question for the people who dislike the lack of things at launch...

Are you getting it at launch?

Plain and simple yes or no question, you know what state the game will be in at launch but yet you're sitting here bitching like it will change something in 4 days. If you buy the game at launch after knowing what it will launch with you're a dumb ass.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Question for the people who dislike the lack of things at launch...

Are you getting it at launch?

Plain and simple yes or no question, you know what state the game will be in at launch but yet you're sitting here bitching like it will change something in 4 days. If you buy the game at launch after knowing what it will launch with you're a dumb ass.

my original plan was to wait a week after launch. i didnt realjze we would be seeing people playing mp this early. i think if pros contine to play for 48 hours, it may help me change my mind to get it on launch day or wait even longer than a week after launch.

From that last Empire game on Ogre 2's stream I saw a moment near the end where an opposing player did not show up on radar while walking normally.

Can we put the radar panic to bed yet?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

From that last Empire game on Ogre 2's stream I saw a moment near the end where an opposing player did not show up on radar while walking normally.

How close was he though? Because that player with OS/Plasma pistol seemed to be walking and was on radar. 

One of these vegetable Pro's needs to go into Custom Games already and test it. The radius is just so damn small that by the time someone actually encounters them in real gameplay they are already thrusting or shooting.

5s4Vs4A.jpgEphOhCn.jpgxkPjsPZ.jpg

Compare any of the city maps in Halo 5 to Foundry on Halo 3 or lockout on Halo 2.

Compare the outdoor maps in Halo 5 to Sanctuary on Halo 2 or Gaurdian on Halo 3.

The Halo 5 maps are absolutely atrocious.

You can add abilities to Halo on maps like Sanctuary, Lockout, The Pit, Gaurdian, etc and the only thing that will change is people sprinting away a tad more.

When you fundamentally change the map designs to that of Halo 5, you get 100x more problems.

Halo used to be about simplicity. Less is more. Now look at the maps. Tunnels, ramps, staircases, boxes, spheres, ledges, windows, EVERYWHERE.

Look at narrows in Halo 3. Such a simple fucking map but it was so awesome. 343 has yet to deliver anything CLOSE to that map.

And we only get 8 maps right now. 2 of which are forge. And 2 maps are remakes of the other 2 maps.

We don't even have forge to make maps right now.

Halo 3s maps were built around its boring, sluggish, and simple movement system. Just like the halo 5 maps are built for its movement system. Bash me all you want but halo 5s movement is way interesting than 3s.. couldn't play 100 matches of that trash..

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The maps are so noisy it's hard to tell what's happening and where people are when watching a stream.  Watching a Halo 3 stream you can see everything so clearly.  The maps are really the biggest negative for me right now.  Sprint doesn't seem like such an issue, people are sprinting minimally.

• Upvote (+1) 2

How close was he though? Because that player with OS/Plasma pistol seemed to be walking and was on radar. 

Vertically it looked about a quarter to a third way down and horizontally he moved from the leftmost edge in towards the middle before he stated shooting and appeared on the tracker.