CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

These maps are the worst maps in the history of Halo bar none. The majority of the maps seem to be some generic cityscape map with 1000 ledges and boxes and spheres. You can literally turn and run behind a 100 different things in seconds.

In my opinion, this game will get old very quick based on the maps alone.

Two maps are on top of an industrial-esque building and Plaza there are urban aesthetics throughout the entire map with a much different color palette.

Other than Truth/Regret which are much different aesthetically, all the maps vary strongly.

Any reason why Ogre 2 is chasing a ton? Dude chased to bottom blue on Eden Stronghold and lost Blue Bend in the process since he lost position and got called out he was bottom blue. Then he chased to bottom mid when he was right by Rockets for some reason 

Then chased when at top red bridge on Fathom CTF to bottom bridge when he had position and i think got called out again and died in the process.

Vin VIn VIn - just stick to being the Halo 5 hype man around here.

Problem solved. B)

I hope you know I still love you besr, don't give up on me senpai

Any reason why Ogre 2 is chasing a ton? Dude chased to bottom blue on Eden Stronghold and lost Blue Bend in the process since he lost position and got called out he was bottom blue. Then he chased to bottom mid when he was right by Rockets for some reason 

Then chased when at top red bridge on Fathom CTF to bottom bridge when he had position and i think got called out again and died in the process.

Maybe he thought the pistol was better than it is.  :kappa:

Does your score being on top (even when losing) drive anyone else nuts?

Should flip the scores when one team takes the lead. Don't know how 343 missed that opportunity for #immersion.  

Worried about that thread from reddit that basically concluded Australians were not allowed to connect with American servers?

Reddit schmeddit. Bunch of elitist procrastinators hunting internet points.

If it's true, It's not too bad but it it disappointing for sure.

Didn't someone say that the pros could only play at certain time periods also so this wouldn't happen? 

Mikwin said this while he was playing with Spoon and Summit earlier.

So I see a lot of people (pros) concerned about radar being in HCS, I mean hell they're using radars in customs for whatever reason. Is there any confirmation that radars are going to be in HCS? That's so detrimental I can't even begin to explain how infuriating that will be, especially for sneaky players or plays in general. 

If pistol is the strating weapon it needs 15 in a clip. Being that the aiming is tough many people are literally getting a kill per clip and that's not good. With there 343 pro team I don't see how this never came up. Blows my mind.

• Upvote (+1) 1

If pistol is the strating weapon it needs 15 in a clip. Being that the aiming is tough many people are literally getting a kill per clip and that's not good. With there 343 pro team I don't see how this never came up. Blows my mind.

It actually seems like they went for a 4sk pistol with a 12 mag clip for 3 perfect kills and then decided "fuck this"

It actually seems like they went for a 4sk pistol with a 12 mag clip for 3 perfect kills and then decided "fuck this"

Here's hoping for a buff to the Magnum, for a solid 4sk. Seriously.

The general consensus among the pros so far has been "pick up BR immediately so I don't get raped at long range". Can't say I blame them, pistol is lacking past mid range from the looks of it.

Here's hoping for a buff to the Magnum, for a solid 4sk. Seriously.

I think they will after HCS season 3. Complaints about the gun being hard to use and netting barely a kill from one mag I think will make them reconsider it's damage. If they make it 4sk we'll be golden in terms of starting weapons.

I have - but you misunderstood. I never take most peoples (depending on who it is) opinions seriously who have the game early. Because they usually get it by agreeing that everything is an AMAZING! idea. 

I am asking what the community here thinks after watching gameplay.

Incoming opinion. Do not plague me with harsh unhelpful words.

In terms of the default game and its mechanics, it's the second best in the series, next to CE. There is a very apparent skill ceiling with the Magnum and its spammy counterpart, the Assault Rifle. Before we got any decent footage of the pros, we were worried about the AR's power in terms of the Magnum, because the players we saw before hand made it look too strong. The influx of Pro footage has alleviated all fears of this concern; the AR's roll is clearly meant for an ambush in CQC range. On the other side of the loadout, the Magnum is a strong contender against the rest of the Precision Weapons that are strewn about the map. Again, our concerns of its power are slowly fading away as the Pros show us its majesty time and time again.

Now in terms of content? It's the shallowest launch we've ever seen. Gametypes are missing, Forge and crazy Custom Games won't be relevant until December, Theater is yet again a shadow of its former self, File Share is currently unavailable, and the Playlist selection is small. There will be people who will not care about the meek variety, but the ones who will not stand for it will scream a righteous scream. The only way 343 could save face on this is to have the rest of the game appear each and every week. It will be a test of patience.

When I look at this game compared to the trilogy, it seems like Bungie were more interested in adding content than actually making the default game a competitive experience. They were very lucky with CE, but they made the game progressively worse each title, which made the additional content more sweet than it should have. 343 have focused so hard on the default settings that they now find themselves in need of bringing the rest of the game with it.

I can only hope they can succeed.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I think they will after HCS season 3. Complaints about the gun being hard to use and netting barely a kill from one mag I think will make them reconsider it's damage. If they make it 4sk we'll be golden in terms of starting weapons.

Was that a partial jab? That seemed like it. XP

• Upvote (+1) 1