CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I honestly like the idea of being able to pick up stronger utility weapons on the map as long as the pistol is good. I think it is.

Would I like the pistol to be a four shot? Yeah I think so, but it won't happen. Those looking for buffs for the pistol should focus on clip size and RRR. I think the pistol is perfectly adequate in normal battle ranges. However at longer ranges it's tough to put people down. That's where it needs it's boost. Zoomed in RRR.

And yeah, I don't like strongholds either. Playable, but not very fun looking.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Has anyone seen the custom game options? Like what are the movement and damage sliders like? 

I want to see some no sprint/higher damage gameplay so bad. 

I thought looked Strongholds looked great and played pretty well in the beta.

It's far, far better than territories. It's actually possible to come back from a large deficit if a team rallies back.

I honestly like the idea of being able to pick up stronger utility weapons on the map as long as the pistol is good. I think it is.

Would I like the pistol to be a four shot? Yeah I think so, but it won't happen. Those looking for buffs for the pistol should focus on clip size and RRR. I think the pistol is perfectly adequate in normal battle ranges. However at longer ranges it's tough to put people down. That's where it needs it's boost. Zoomed in RRR.

And yeah, I don't like strongholds either. Playable, but not very fun looking.

The only problem I have is that I just KNOW is that had they made the pistol a 4 shot that they would have made the range absolute shit.

I can't wait till you pistol whiners get a hold of the game.

If you're looking for the CE pistols return, you're gonna be disappointed. Anything else? You'll be surprised.

i'm wanting to not have to pick up a stronger precision off spawn to have a better chance at winning trades. 

Dude strongholds looks so fucking bad. They chose this over KoTH? smh

Strongholds is not meant to replace koth... Where do hear this shit? It's its own beast.

bro....have you even played the game yet?

size=1]lol[/size]

No seriously, have you?

The game type is fucking solid. Don't let someone who's fairly fresh into the game whine and moan about it when he doesn't win or do good right away sway your mind.

Form your own opinion on it.

i'm wanting to not have to pick up a stronger precision off spawn to have a better chance at winning trades.

I guarantee I can still shit on you with my pistol if you sprint your way over to a br or dmr.

Still, the ease of use and range advantage seems to be a huge advantage over the pistol. I like a Halo where there isn't a better starting weapon on the map. Which is the center argument against AR starts. I still think the magnum needs a buff.

It seems to only be a moderate range advantage when the BR has recoil, and the Magnum doesn't even seem to be that bad at range anyway.

I'd be okay with a Magnum buff because I like fast kills, but it really seems fine in the gameplay I've been watching.

Dude strongholds looks so fucking bad. They chose this over KoTH? smh

No they chose it over territories, which it is way better than.

Still, the ease of use and range advantage seems to be a huge advantage over the pistol. I like a Halo where there isn't a better starting weapon on the map. Which is the center argument against AR starts. I still think the magnum needs a buff.

Welp, guess we can't do BR starts either then. Carbine, DMR, and LR are all vastly superior to the BR so. 

Why are we arguing over Magnum vs BR when the AR is a spawn weapon everywhere. It should be AR vs BR.

Magnum/BR Master Race

Because that would conflict with the superiority complex I'm developing wherein I pretend like Halo 5 is CE 2.0

The Halo 5 pistol is so different to the worthless ones from games like 3 that it is literally a waste of time comparing. You could not defend yourself off spawn with those weapons full stop.

I forgot how moany Halo players could be. Like instead of attempting to come up with a different strat, he just gives up and starts blaming the gametype. I mean the gametype could easily be terrible but still, his attitude is pretty bad.

Best halo game ever... Until he's loosing...

I don't understand how you are coming to that conclusion with your last sentence. Elaborate?

And I'm not just talking about the pistol kill times, I mean the length it takes to kill in general. The BR/DMR/Pistol are all in and around 4-5 seconds or w/ever which I think is good.

Because the kill times are not demonstrating that they are meaningfully different than the last four Halo games.

No, the exact point of your quote was that you are basically saying he is wrong to like kill times as they are. You are using a black and white fallacy to say that anyone who likes Halo 2 and up are wrong because you don't agree with the kill times.

If you had a better point you should state it better.

No, I think you should just keep assuming I said something different and derail the conversation, that's much more productive.

I think his point is valid, your just clinging to an argument. Of course the BR/dmr aren't power weapons, why state the obvious. He's simply saying that using the pistol/ar kind of adds another tier to the "power weapons" instead of melting people with your be/dmr to get to rockets/snipe...now you fight to get BR/dmr/rockets/snipe off spawn.

Just because you put a shitty weapon underneath the BR/DMR doesn't make them "power weapons".

snipedown: it's halo, but it's not at the same time

yea...that's exactly what you want to hear a professional say about a series that has been out since 2001.

Not to be a dick but it's not 2001 anymore. It's 14 going on 15 years later. The odds of having a classic Halo again are slim to nothing. These newer games have to appeal to the casuals, and future generation audience. Don't get me wrong but I love classic halo but I want something new. I don't want a rehash of something over, and over. It seems No one wants to adjust to a 'new' game, and learn it. They just go in with a shitty mindset thinking it's classic Halo when it isn't. Halo has to expand, and bring in more of an audience to be successful. It hurts to think of it that way but that's the difficult part of change. Go in with a clear mindset, and Adapt.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Strongholds is not meant to replace koth... Where do hear this shit? It's its own beast.

No seriously, have you?

The game type is fucking solid. Don't let someone who's fairly fresh into the game whine and moan about it when he doesn't win or do good right away sway your mind.

Form your own opinion on it.

I'm saying they obviously sat in a room with gametypes on a whiteboard and crossed out KoTH and left Strongholds there as a gametype to work on to be ready at launch. I know they will probably bring KoTH in one of their "free" DLCs but come on. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just saw snipedown trade with randa while using a dmr, and they both got perfect kills. It was at a decent range too. That's exciting, pistol really can hold its own.

I think people have to take into consideration that we don't know how many bullets the BR takes to kill exactly.

Best case scenario, it's a perfect 12 to make up for the lack of any spread, and a single missed bullet in a burst makes the user take a fifth shot. During the time between these shots, a Magnum can get an extra 2 shots out.

Twitch chats are so bad. They are just hating on Halo 5 for no real reason. They aren't actually posting anything to back their wouldbe claims. Just "Halo 5 sucks". 

• Upvote (+1) 4