CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

I'd agree, but 343's reasoning for keeping sprint in Halo was literally because "players expect to sprint".

Which, on the whole, is solid reasoning. When I bought my Xbox One 2 days ago I had a couple of friends over and even though one of them used to love Halo 3 (he's now a Destiny fanatic), he literally said "I can't go back to no sprint". While I don't agree with that sentiment personally I'd have to imagine after years of Cod, Battlefield, and now Destiny, a lot of people do. Like a sales-affecting amount of people. It might seem unfortunate but sprint has become standard.

Even still, 343i have given us more than enough options (including toggle sprint) to truly make the game we want. I don't think thats a very bad deal all things considered.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm sure its been posted but I'm pretty far behind. Should my download be at 55 GB yet? It is currently only 46 GB. I'm also on the NXOE if that matters. And I do have instant on.

I presume not because mines also at 46

So this is probably a stupid question but can you not see who you are playing against in the pregame lobby anymore?

No , it's a good thing, prevents quitting out after seeing someones rank and/or name.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Any recommended h5 streams as of now @@Moa

Nope, sorry.

So this is probably a stupid question but can you not see who you are playing against in the pregame lobby anymore?

Nope, it is to prevent people from seeing GTs/ranks and then leaving.

• Upvote (+1) 1

dice had a fine model to work with in battlefront 2 that they decided to completely ignore and introduce new game types that inherently had balancing issues and required a very restrictive kind of balancing to get working. They fucked themselves for literally no reason.

I actually enjoyed it. Driving the AT-ATs back in BF2 was boring as fuck anyway

@

Were you still doing your original plan? I think we now have the knowledge we need for you to kick off your idea.

Yeah, why not? I'll post it in a few. 

Which, on the whole, is solid reasoning. When I bought my Xbox One 2 days ago I had a couple of friends over and even though one of them used to love Halo 3 (he's now a Destiny fanatic), he literally said "I can't go back to no sprint". While I don't agree with that sentiment personally I'd have to imagine after years of Cod, Battlefield, and now Destiny, a lot of people do. Like a sales-affecting amount of people. It might seem unfortunate but sprint has become standard.

Even still, 343i have given us more than enough options (including toggle sprint) to truly make the game we want. I don't think thats a very bad deal all things considered.

I don't buy that though. I played CoD for years as well as Halo and never once thought "Man, Halo is so slow. It needs sprint like CoD." It's not a solid reasoning when you consider Halo isn't an instant-kill twitch shooter like the other games, and therefore must be treated differently. I know there's nothing we can do now, but the reasoning is complete BS.

Got buried but I think we should throw some appreciation to Truth's new weapon layout.

Camo P1

Sword Car 1

Plasma caster Top mid

:flames;

• Upvote (+1) 2

Got buried but I think we should throw some appreciation to Truth's new weapon layout.

Camo P1

Sword Car 1

Plasma caster Top mid

Honestly excited to see how it plays with the new weapon set, faster base speed, and longer range magnum

I'm sure its been posted but I'm pretty far behind. Should my download be at 55 GB yet? It is currently only 46 GB. I'm also on the NXOE if that matters. And I do have instant on.

Just checked mine is at 54.8gb. Might just be taking a little longer for some peeps

Camo P1

Sword Car 1

Plasma caster Top mid

That's sick. The more power weapons the better.

Railgun + camo on Fathom is good. Restores my faith in the map somewhat.

Truth has a plasma caster now for some reason.

Eden has rockets + hydra + sniper, I think I saw a shotgun as well?

That's all the maps I've seen. What are the final weapon sets for the others?

Railgun + camo on Fathom is good. Restores my faith in the map somewhat.

Truth has a plasma caster now for some reason.

Eden has rockets + hydra + sniper, I think I saw a shotgun as well?

That's all the maps I've seen. What are the final weapon sets for the others?

Regret has an Overshield bottom middle and a Fuel Rod Cannon. 

It's funny that NONE of the streamers are playing Warzone.

Some people are having a hard enough time finding games in arena. Warzone probably isn't even worth searching.