CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Overall thoughts are that the game is good?  Looks far better than Reach and 4 to me.  Often is a different story when you play it first hand though.

Out of the time I played (which wasn't much but I wouldn't say I had a honeymoon phase) Solid game so far. Better than H3, h4, Reach ZBNS and because I think H2 is overrated, H2 as well. 

Harder utility than all of those games, good connection, new mechanics seem fun to me, weapons seem all relatively balanced so far, Sprint is mad nerfed, lots of possibilities with jumps, static weapons for tier 3 weapons, maps seem better than all but h2 maps (which to be fair only had Lockout and Midship that I thought were good) . Don't take my word for it though, give it a month of playtime and form your own opinions. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Its a pretty common trend on the internet, I highly doubt he was targeting anyone in particular

I'll need to hear it again when the interview is finished/uploaded. 

All of these plebs getting platinum and diamond in these games... they need to fix the placement before opening otherwise the skill gap will still be VERY apparent. luckily theyre doing it in seasons, because season 1 diamond is gonna be social slayer for some.

Really enjoying listening to Frankie's insight. Things like "everyone thinks their favourite thing is the most important thing" is definitely something I see quite often in the gaming community. People see that a certain function or gametype is gone and lose their mind claiming 343i (or any developer) has no idea what they're doing etc. etc.

Theres usually solid reasoning behind any decision these developers make. Whether it be budget, release dates, or just certain gameplay mechanics not meshing properly.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You two are like a couple that's lived together for far too long.

Unfortunately for Frankie, I don't believe in divorce.

I knew @@Cursed Lemon before he was a fruit.

I have always been fruity. And a little foxy!

• Upvote (+1) 3

Really enjoying listening to Frankie's insight. Things like "everyone thinks their favourite thing is the most important thing" is definitely something I see quite often in the gaming community. People see that a certain function or gametype is gone and lose their mind claiming 343i (or any developer) has no idea what they're doing etc. etc.

Theres usually solid reasoning behind any decision these developers make, whether you want to accept it or not.

Or that's just Frankie's rationalization for people disagreeing with their poor mistakes. Have you noticed that the level of salt goes down when the quality of the game goes up? It's not a coincidence.

• Upvote (+1) 5

All of these plebs getting platinum and diamond in these games... they need to fix the placement before opening otherwise the skill gap will still be VERY apparent. luckily theyre doing it in seasons, because season 1 diamond is gonna be social slayer for some.

Current playlist won't carry over to actual release and they might be percentage based in some way so potentially what is platinum now will be lower when more players and more specifically better players start playing

• Upvote (+1) 1

You two are like a couple that's lived together for far too long.

more like perpetual enemies.

Or that's just Frankie's rationalization for people disagreeing with their poor mistakes. Have you noticed that the level of salt goes down when the quality of the game goes up? It's not a coincidence.

ur makin that up

Current playlist won't carry over to actual release and they might be percentage based in some way so potentially what is platinum now will be lower when more players and more specifically better players start playing

Perfect. Thanks man! :)

I know it's very late to request this, but I hope post-launch we can see a toggable option added for the weapon highlights. I'd like them off in campaign for more #IMMERSION

It kind of sucks going through a darker section of the level and seeing a giant blue highlight.

Everyone wants something different though, which is why It'd be cool to see an option for it in Audio/Video settings.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No because he even conceded that even a lot of the particularly toxic forum members have valid points and criticisms (although their toxicity gets in the way of their credibility). My point is that there is nothing sinister about the decisions they make gameplay-wise, and even though they make mistakes (like anyone), there are usually legitimate reasons behind said decisions.

Take for example the lack of control over the AT-ATs in the new Battlefront. People went online to moan and berate EA for ruining the gametype right out of the gate without thinking of the process that went into making that decision. DICE found that when the AT-ATs were that crucial to the gametype (as in they literally have to make it to a certain point in the map for you to win), having the possibility of some troll and/or complete novice taking it off the rails and ruining the gametype for anyone else was too great to allow. People just need to take a step back and think sometimes, because I'd bet a fair sum of money that 99% of developers aren't out to sabotage their own games.

• Upvote (+1) 3

No because he even conceded that even a lot of the particularly toxic forum members have valid points and criticisms (although their toxicity gets in the way of their credibility). My point is that there is nothing sinister about the decisions they make gameplay-wise, and even though they make mistakes (like anyone), there are usually legitimate reasons behind said decisions.

Take for example the lack of control over the AT-ATs in the new Battlefront. People went online to moan and berate EA for ruining the gametype right out of the gate without thinking of the process that went into making that decision. DICE found that when the AT-ATs were that crucial to the gametype (as in they literally have to make it to a certain point in the map for you to win), having the possibility of some troll and/or complete novice taking it off the rails and ruining the gametype for anyone else was too great to allow. People just need to take a step back and think sometimes, because I'd bet a fair sum of money that 99% of developers aren't out to sabotage their own games.

I'd agree, but 343's reasoning for keeping sprint in Halo was literally because "players expect to sprint".

dice had a fine model to work with in battlefront 2 that they decided to completely ignore and introduce new game types that inherently had balancing issues and required a very restrictive kind of balancing to get working. They fucked themselves for literally no reason.

I'm sure its been posted but I'm pretty far behind. Should my download be at 55 GB yet? It is currently only 46 GB. I'm also on the NXOE if that matters. And I do have instant on.