CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Oh shit,

I was under the impression that radar didnt show normal movement.

While I dont think itll have as detrimental of an effect because of the movement/scale of maps, radar is a no-no if it shows all movement.

My bad dudes.

Question: I'm purchasing physical. Since all the data besides the patch comes on disc, will it be much faster to install? My MCC took a good 4 hours before I could play on physical. Will I be able to download H5 in about the same time period?

Question: I'm purchasing physical. Since all the data besides the patch comes on disc, will it be much faster to install? My MCC took a good 4 hours before I could play on physical. Will I be able to download H5 in about the same time period?

It might be faster since you don't have to pull info from the MS servers, but the digital and physical versions are downloading the same content

Si señor

Cheers.

Been out of the loop for awhile. Sorry to single out your post but is pro gameplay coming today or tomorrow?

This week is all we know. I'd expect it before the weekend.

So we aren't going to see the 3 warzone assault maps until the full release then?

Just gotta wait for someone to play it on stream, if they put Warzone Assault in the playlist.

Yes, it will be faster but you'll still need to download the 9GB patch and that will depend entirely on your internet.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think the whole point of H5 is to get rid of the differences between default playlists and "competitive" playlists.

Thats why we have AR/Pistol starts, which seems fine with the AR nerf.

Im beginning to think radar will be in HCS because it promotes homogenization and lets them have one Team Arena playlist. This ideology would benefit both casuals and comp because it funnels more peope into one playlist (we all know the benefits of this) and also makes comp halo easier to get into.

I dont think radar belongs in comp settings but I think thats what they are going to push. I seriously doubt they are going to have two identical playlists where the only difference is one has radar and the other doesnt. At this point we might just have go see how it plays or how negatively it impacts HALO 5.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I dunno if it's just because I'm watching that ghoul Prodigy's stream but this game is just not fun to watch and this pricks listening to Limp Bizkit and wearing a pair of Gunnars.

I don't know about ar starts with the pistol kill times, still seems like the gap isn't big enough, and honestly shame on 343 for not allowing us to change individual weapon stats, that would allow so much more tuning to be done and 343 would be able to work with the community in a much greater capacity. I guess they do t want that or something...

I think the whole point of H5 is to get rid of the differences between default playlists and "competitive" playlists.

Im beginning to think radar will be in HCS because it promotes homogenization and lets them have one Team Arena playlist. This ideology would benefit both casuals and comp because it funnels more peope into one playlist (we all know the benefits of this) and also makes comp halo easier to get into.

I dont think radar belongs in comp settings but I think thats what they are going to push. I seriously doubt they are going to have two identical playlists where the only difference is one has radar and the other doesnt. At this point we might just have go see how it plays or how negatively it impacts HALO 5.

doesn't make sense since there is breakout swat and warzone. Idk lol

It would still be terrible for the game. As horrible as sprint is for competitive Halo, showing someone using that mechanic for a certain duration on your radar is still just as stupid as radar showing normal movement. You're not only gimping sprint by showing a red dot, you're gimping that players overall map movement and what his team is doing. Radar in any shape or form is stupid for competitive halo.

I highly doubt 343 would ever use radar in HCS settings. It would be backtracking on what they've done to help push competitive halo.

sprint is like the biggest problem with the new halos. Idk I'd rather see it get nerfed into oblivion while normal movement getting buffed.

I dunno if it's just because I'm watching that ghoul Prodigy's stream but this game is just not fun to watch and this pricks listening to Limp Bizkit and wearing a pair of Gunnars.

http://www.twitch.tv/thesimms

Try this one

Played on Eden Slayer/SH, Truth CTF, Gambol Breakout and I think Trident (The one with Splinter nades in the bottom of Hydra). Any questions on those maps from a relatively not bad player? 

never thought id see the competitive halo community start to try to rationalize excuses for bad game design.

doesn't make sense since there is breakout swat and warzone. Idk lol

You do realize I meant combining the Default Arena playlist with HCS Arena right?

Played on Eden Slayer/SH, Truth CTF, Gambol Breakout and I think Trident (The one with Splinter nades in the bottom of Hydra). Any questions on those maps from a relatively not bad player?

did it suck?

never thought id see the competitive halo community start to try to rationalize excuses for bad game design.

Im not excusing their decisions, Im trying to explain what their intentions and goals probably are. People are wondering if and and why radar could be in HCS and I am providing an educated guess.

I clearly said Im against radar in HCS, but you obviously skipped that part of my post because youve already decided to argue wth me.

How'd you play it?

:saucey:

Im not excusing their decisions, Im trying to explain what their intentions and goals probably are. People are wondering if and and why radar could be in HCS and I am providing an educated answer.

I clearly said Im against radar in HCS, but you obviously skipped that part of my post because youve already decided to argue wth me.

My point is... you cant rationalize with them. It's all intentional for an underlying reason. A three letter acronym.

You do realize I meant combining the Default Arena playlist with HCS Arena right?

even so, 343 are highlighting warzone and breakout which are polar opposites of default. Why try and make universal settings when at launch practically every playlist is a different halo

Because that would be fair how lol?

I'm not taking about how it would be fair, I'm talking about how far ahead 343 guys are. Just wanna see the difference between these two guys.

Been out of the loop for awhile. Sorry to single out your post but is pro gameplay coming today or tomorrow?

We were told it's coming this week. No specific date.

I think the debate we should be having is whether its best to split the playlists because of one differentiating feature.

If it turns out that radar isn't all that bad in H5, then maybe that little sacrifice is worth it to amalgomate default and HCS settings.

In a perfect world 343 would instead remove radar from H5 in every mode which would most likely benefit H5 competitively and also give us the homogenization. But we all know this won't happen.

What I believe they are going to do is use the first season of HCS to test things like AR/Pistol, Breakout and radar. If they seriously don't work out they will just make changes.

I guess Im assuming a "wait and see" approach to the situation.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2