CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

A competitive game should never give an advantage to the slower moving player.

Yeah i hear but,

-It would only show within 18ms (i have no clue how large that radius really is in game)

-And technically it gives the walkers an advantage, their guns are already drawn.

I enjoy how people are like, "I'm okay with adding 5,000 incredibly stupid things to Halo as long as we can make them marginally less stupid, stop being so pessimistic." That's still a large net positive of stupid.

Elaborate, because this makes no sense. 

• Downvote (-1) 3

23c691a5db7d83796cb0c2664fa1342e.png

:cry:

Nintendo directly did the same with us at the Smash 4 Invitational during E3 years ago. They discouraged the invited players from playing against the media. Media and pro players have different goals when testing out a game. Makes sense to separate them

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sprint, radar, AR/Magnum(this one is justified), etc.

Has swat ever had radar?

He's just saying swat doesn't have radar, like it always does. That shows signs HCS probably won't have radar as well. That's a good sign.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

id actually support radar if it doesn't show normal movement and shooting. That would really fuck sprint

It would still be terrible for the game. As horrible as sprint is for competitive Halo, showing someone using that mechanic for a certain duration on your radar is still just as stupid as radar showing normal movement. You're not only gimping sprint by showing a red dot, you're gimping that players overall map movement and what his team is doing. Radar in any shape or form is stupid for competitive halo.

I highly doubt 343 would ever use radar in HCS settings. It would be backtracking on what they've done to help push competitive halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Has swat ever had radar? 

Just saying that I saw Simms playing SWAT and the radar was toggled off. Now we at least know it's possible to take off. 

He's just saying swat doesn't have radar, like it always does. That shows signs HCS probably won't have radar as well. That's a good sign.

The pre-release playlist has radar enabled for both Stronghold and CTF. Those aren't available outside of the Arena playlist, which are practically the HCS settings.

Just saying that I saw Simms playing SWAT and the radar was toggled off. Now we at least know it's possible to take off. 

That was never a concern. We saw radar toggles earlier when Forgehub went through the custom game options, and Breakout never had radar. Did you really think an option like that would be removed?

I think that's fine. It forces you to either think or wait in order to use these non-Halo abilities.

I wouldn't mind if it was only sprinting or shooting that triggered the radar, though.

I believe I saw both on Eden, but only for Strongholds. Some maps seem to have different layouts for that mode.

Counter Strike does.

it would lead to wonky gameplay or sure, that's not a good thing.

A better way to make people think in that regard would be to make the abilities more rewarding and more complex/deep, maybe tie them all(maybe not the current selection of abilities) to a single energy bar that only recharges after it has been fully depleted, or if they regain energy around the map via pick ups.

If HCS has radar that would make the playlist even more ass. Breakout AND radars? Lol I can't wait!

Just to clarify, you're saying the breakout gamemode isn't good, and the other Arena gametypes with radar?

The pre-release playlist has radar enabled for both Stronghold and CTF. Those aren't available outside of the Arena playlist, which are practically the HCS settings.

That was never a concern. We saw radar toggles earlier when Forgehub went through the custom game options, and Breakout never had radar. Did you really think an option like that would be removed?

Crazier things have happened to Halo. Sprint, thruster, loadouts, jetpacks, etc. 

it's like asking for sprint but for a spring that allows shooting. Yeah it's not AS bad but it's still not ideal.

it would lead to wonky gameplay or sure, that's not a good thing.

A better way to make people think in that regard would be to make the abilities more rewarding and more complex/deep, maybe tie them all(maybe not the current selection of abilities) to a single energy bar that only recharges after it has been fully depleted, or if they regain energy around the map via pick ups.

Yeah, but that isn't going to happen. Normal movement doesn't seem gimped at all so going sneaky isn't going to be that big of an issue. As we saw in early MLG Reach and all of Halo 4, sprint with no radar is absolutely dreadful.

Watching @@TheSimms. I thought i would dislike breakout but i was pleasantly surprised

I can see Breakout having its own niche competitive community. Definitely not your typical Halo that's for sure.

Yeah, but that isn't going to happen. Normal movement doesn't seem gimped at all so going sneaky isn't going to be that big of an issue. As we saw in early MLG Reach and all of Halo 4, sprint with no radar is absolutely dreadful.

not for halo 5 no, I'm just speaking conceptually. We wouldn't be in this predicament if we had abilities that weren't half measures, I feel like the concept has so much potential to great for halo without changing its fundamentals.

I would LOVE to watch 343 Pro team play against EG/CLG etc tomorrow on the first day of playing for the HCS pros. That way we can see the skill difference between these guys.

I would LOVE to watch 343 Pro team play against EG/CLG etc tomorrow on the first day of playing for the HCS pros. That way we can see the skill difference between these guys.

Because that would be fair how lol?

Been out of the loop for awhile. Sorry to single out your post but is pro gameplay coming today or tomorrow?