CyReN

Halo 5: Guardians Discussion

Or perhaps we are flogging a dead horse, and that the underlying fundamental issue is the game is crap, right ?

I'm not sure what you're getting at here. I think they're doing a lot of good things with Halo 5; having radar in their "competitive" playlist is not one of them.

why do i get the feeling that 343 want Halo esports to have the attraction of COD esports where anyone and their mother can pick up a controller and compete?

I mean, that's what all this PR lingo in that PR strategy video is leaning toward.

I dunno, mqybe im just jumping to conclusions. Just have a really weird vibe about everything.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

why do i get the feeling that 343 want Halo esports to have the attraction of COD esports where anyone and their mother can pick up a controller and compete?

I mean, that's what all this PR lingo in that PR strategy video is leaning toward.

I dunno, mqybe im just jumping to conclusions. Just have a really weird vibe about everything.

everybody and their mothers are doing pretty badly right now so I don't think that's it.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

18 M is extremely small especially coupled with the speed of the game and player movement. If you actually watch gameplay before jumping to conclusions you have a VERY small window of opportunity to react. Also, radar will stop people from sprinting up behind you with flanks.

The main importnce here is that radar will be in all gamemodes but does not break those gamemodes. Consistency across gametypes is the most important. If the radar behaved like previous Halo's, we'd have an issue. But I think it'll actually help gameplay in H5.

We have to wait and see before freaking out.

Easy Lemon, lets think this time before attacking the game again.

I'll do it for him. Radar for any competitive team based game is terrible. I actually can't think of any situation where a full radar would be a positive for any competitive game. I wouldn't be too adverse to having the radar only pick up sprint, thrusters and shooting though

lol @ ppl supporting radar....yall really done lost yall minds.

One person made a passing comment supporting it, don't exaggerate

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not even COD has sunk that low.

18 M is extremely small especially coupled with the speed of the game and player movement. If you actually watch gameplay before jumping to conclusions you have a VERY small window of opportunity to react. Also, radar will stop people from sprinting up behind you with flanks.

The main importnce here is that radar will be in all gamemodes but does not break those gamemodes. Consistency across gametypes is the most important. If the radar behaved like previous Halo's, we'd have an issue. But I think it'll actually help gameplay in H5.

We have to wait and see before freaking out.

Easy Lemon, lets think this time before attacking the game again.

v1q3QQ.gif

You are not jumping to conclusions at all, because you are correct

• Upvote (+1) 1

Holy shit, watched the new video. If the pros use Spartan abilities correctly or creatively, it could create a ton of sweet plays. But we CANNOT have radars. Like cmon now.....

Can't record / no clip saving in theater mode confirmed.

Dafaq!? You cant even save the whole match?

lol @ ppl supporting radar....yall really done lost yall minds.

id actually support radar if it doesn't show normal movement and shooting. That would really fuck sprint
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Dafaq!? You cant even save the whole match?

Wasn't an option for it. Looks like you can "bookmark" your matches. So I guess that means you can save the whole match if you'd like.

I don't really have a problem with "anyone can pick up the controller and compete" philosophy as long as there is a skill gap. We need this for the halo esports community to grow. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't really have a problem with "anyone can pick up the controller and compete" philosophy as long as there is a skill gap. We need this for the halo esports community to grow.

but if 343 can sacrifice that skill gap for more players to compete and buy halo... i bet you they would in a split second.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

id actually support radar if it doesn't show normal movement and shooting. That would really fuck sprint

This. Radar set up like that actually seems beneficial to competitive play.

Some of you guys should think before you post.

Halo eSports is pretty in the whole right now. Making the game accessible while also having a pretty decent skillgap will go a LONG way towards increasing playerbase and viewership.

Complaining about this is destructive. 

As far as radar goes, I'd HOPE since they covered up the radar at the GC invi means they won't have it during HCS tourneys, if they do? Well, just voice your opinion to @@Sal1ent

And to the guy who said "lol AR starts", can't wait to REQ you w/ the pistol come Tuesday. 

• Downvote (-1) 3

I was just setting up xbox to standy mode to download the patch during the night. I came across the update controller section and I thought, He why not...

Xbox asked for usb cable so I plugged it in. After pluggin the controller just died. It turned off and it does not seem to respond to anything. Not different battery, not usb cable. It just seem to have died.

Anyone else have had this or heard about this being something that happens?

but if 343 can sacrifice that skill gap for more players to compete and buy halo... i bet you they would in a split second.

I think they tried that a few years ago.